Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

To Be Resumed [Campaign] The Silver Restoration | Part I

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
I happen to sit on a large stash of iron..

I've done some calculations, you will need around 140 iron blocks (counting only the mine-carts in the first tier because they are reusable).
I will be happy to support by donation this iron IC as well as OOC.

Btw- why do you need emeralds? Do you plan to claim PS?

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Sounds like a fun campaign, +1 for the idea and organization. However, I see no reason why the campaign itself will need such a large quantity of radiants- There are no region costs to consider, no travel costs, and it already asks for building resource donations in the tier requirements.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
The emeralds would, in character, pay for the use of barges and ships to transport all that corruption over to the magma lake to the West. You've also got to consider paying the people actually getting rid of the corruption- they have to feed their families and so forth. None of the rads would be going to me personally, nor any bank account. The prospect of this is on hold, though, now.

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
The emeralds would, in character, pay for the use of barges and ships to transport all that corruption over to the magma lake to the West. You've also got to consider paying the people actually getting rid of the corruption- they have to feed their families and so forth. None of the rads would be going to me personally, nor any bank account. The prospect of this is on hold, though, now.
Wait
You are suggestion actual payment for manpower?
IC of course that it is important to pay for the barges and such, but where the emeralds will actually go to- as there are no actual barges...

And I had the impression that this an event, strictly voluntary rather than paid project. If it is paid project why not just pay for WE?

Also- the emerald numbers are quite specific, I'd like to know how you got to this number (I know that you said that its not set in stone, but still I'd like to know which calculation you did)

Raith

Lord of Altera
Wait
IC of course that it is important to pay for the barges and such, but where the emeralds will actually go to- as there are no actual barges...

And I had the impression that this an event, strictly voluntary rather than paid project. If it is paid project why not just pay for WE?

Also- the emerald numbers are quite specific, I'd like to know how you got to this number (I know that you said that its not set in stone, but still I'd like to know which calculation you did)
I believe he has too much time on his hands.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Wait

To answer your first question, the money involving this would probably be thrown in the same money sink as where your emeralds go when you use the dockmaster.

It is a voluntary deal and I am not personally benefiting from any donations given. I don't know what exactly the management would do if this project went ahead as planned, but I could assume it would most likely, yes involve worldedit. However, this is not an out of character project, this is a fully in-character project and thus my character can't look up into the sky and say "I'd like to worldedit the corruption out of Port Silver please, here's a bunch of money for you admins."

It was based on the size of double chests. A chest full of 64-large stacks of emeralds is 54 stacks full. I didn't calculate any land or anything, just a reasonably high amount of money. And these things are being picked through behind the scenes at the moment anyways.

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
To answer your first question, the money involving this would probably be thrown in the same money sink as where your emeralds go when you use the dockmaster.

It is a voluntary deal and I am not personally benefiting from any donations given. I don't know what exactly the management would do if this project went ahead as planned, but I could assume it would most likely, yes involve worldedit. However, this is not an out of character project, this is a fully in-character project and thus my character can't look up into the sky and say "I'd like to worldedit the corruption out of Port Silver please, here's a bunch of money for you admins."

It was based on the size of double chests. A chest full of 64-large stacks of emeralds is 54 stacks full. I didn't calculate any land or anything, just a reasonably high amount of money. And these things are being picked through behind the scenes at the moment anyways.
I see..
In that case maybe you should get a quote from the staff and nor just posting nonsense numbers :)
I'm aware that everything is on halt, but it would be better if you don't simply post numbers without knowing if you are even close. The amount of resources and money from the first tier are pretty damn high. The emeralds alone are worth easily around 600 diamonds (normal WE costs 32 diamond), potentially getting a better bulk deal and even getting 800 diamonds. This plus the costs of everything else should cover easily the costs of simply removing the corruption.

I will say that I've believed that it would be an on-going project of actually clearing the corruption by hand. block by block.