Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Changes to Minecraft With 1.9

Firegirl

Lord of Altera
So if you haven't heard-some pretty big changes are coming with 1.9.

The End will be completly re-made with new stuff. What is not hinted at, where only given a screenshot and that's about it.

Article: http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/60135-changes-to-the-end

There's also the hint that well be able to duel-weild. It's unknown if this be a feature for everybody to use or not-it some hype is well desvered.

It's ecepted all these features will be realeased at Minecon.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/60137-looking-at-1-9-dual-wielding-explored

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
I've been waiting for this thread. MINE.

*Prepares to bombard with thread 1.9 videos and tweets*

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her

This is the most recent changes, there have been a LOT of changes not documented here, which can all be found on the Wiki or in video form on the linked youtuber's channel. Figured I should just update the thread because lots of drastic controversial changes.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Undead horse has been in the game files for a long time now. It was just only available via server commands. I imagine for in character considerations they will be restricted/non-existent. Or else the Guardians of Immortality have some cool new steeds headed their way.

More than likely they'll simply be disabled. If lore team wanted to get us undead horses they could have done so before now, seeing as they didn't I imagine we'll find a way to disable that feature.

Last edited:

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Undead horse has been in the game files for a long time now. It was just only available via server commands. I imagine for in character considerations they will be restricted/non-existent. Or else the Guardians of Immortality have some cool new steeds headed their way.

More than likely they'll simply be disabled. If lore team wanted to get us undead horses they could have done so before now, seeing as they didn't I imagine we'll find a way to disable that feature.
Thing is, due to the fact that hostile mobs only spawn in the sorrows, I imagine these skeleton traps will only be in the sorrows, making it impossible to bring them into the NK unless you abuse a bug in the stables plugin. Therefore, It's like the feature will stay but skeleton trap horses will not just not spawn in NK. Making the skele horses and their riders stuck in the sorrows.

Still cool to think we could have enemies that ride undead steeds in the sorrows.

Spark

Broken
Don't be silly Notch is sitting depressed in a multimillion dollar mansion and enough people are still buying the game, why would they need to add new features that aren't just textures and things that are already made in the game files?

Just wait till sales start to drop and maybe they'll make a mod API. Maybe.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Don't be silly Notch is sitting depressed in a multimillion dollar mansion and enough people are still buying the game, why would they need to add new features that aren't just textures and things that are already made in the game files?

Just wait till sales start to drop and maybe they'll make a mod API. Maybe.
Notch, doesn't own Mojang or minecraft anymore. You all realize he sold it to microsoft right?

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Mod API when
Also, related to both 1.9 recent news and the API. The last we heard about the Plugin API was last month when Grumm said this: " The team didn't think they could produce anything better than what Forge offered with the current codebase and as such it doesn't make sense to do exactly the same as Forge". As well as him reiterating that the model changes in 1.9 were in preparation of the API when they can make something better than forge.

So basically to everyone who wanted a Mod API, they want to do a Plugin API instead (since 2012), and to everyone who wants the API right now go use forge.

Spark

Broken
Notch, doesn't own Mojang or minecraft anymore. You all realize he sold it to microsoft right?
Yes.

Also
Also, related to both 1.9 recent news and the API. The last we heard about the Plugin API was last month when Grumm said this: " The team didn't think they could produce anything better than what Forge offered with the current codebase and as such it doesn't make sense to do exactly the same as Forge". As well as him reiterating that the model changes in 1.9 were in preparation of the API when they can make something better than forge.

So basically to everyone who wanted a Mod API, they want to do a Plugin API instead (since 2012), and to everyone who wants the API right now go use forge.
So instead of making an extremely useful Mod API, they're going to make plugin API.... Plugins that are completely server side and only really change the existing files of the game. Compared to a Mod API that could allow people to use actual minecraft mods, the ones that add additional player made content to the game, without much work from the client.

Nice.