Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Character Help

Danie_D

Lord of Altera
I've been hoping to write up a character profile sometime soon, but I'm having trouble coming up with what my character should be. So, I am looking to my fellow HollowWorlders for their feedback and ideas. I was thinking of roleplaying as a human girl with transformation/illusory magical abilities.
These abilities could be used to:
  • Create disguises (skin changes?) for herself and others through magical manipulation
  • Punish criminals (e.g. turn a person of a exotic race into a human)
  • Transform items?
Please let me know what you think/what you would add or remove. :)

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Alex, I don't mean to be rude but can you either add something worthwhile to threads or not post - it's rapidly starting to look like post count boosting. By all means post, but at least make sure you're putting some effort in so it's not just meaningless spam.

bettemus99

Roleplay keeper
i have one question about the character profil.
if you write a back ground story does it then have to be tru?
i mean if you had tryed been on another place do you have to write that story then. or can you just create one out of your own mind?

Danie_D

Lord of Altera
i have one question about the character profil.
if you write a back ground story does it then have to be tru?
i mean if you had tryed been on another place do you have to write that story then. or can you just create one out of your own mind?
It's a background story, so it doesn't necessarily have to have happened in the place and time of the server. You can create a background story or just use events that have happened in the server, it's up to you.

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
You do make wonderful skins. You could be the chef at Darkwood, you would fit in there. Be the lady of the town. ;)

Danie_D

Lord of Altera
You do make wonderful skins. You could be the chef at Darkwood, you would fit in there. Be the lady of the town. ;)
Thank you, I'll keep your offer in mind. Maybe I could be a milliner/seamstress as well and make skins for the village residents :D

B

Bellon the Wise

My advice is...

When making a character profile you can be as creative as you like but you shouldn't give yourself powers that impose on others.

For example:
  1. power to control the minds of others
  2. power to turn others to stone
  3. power to give life
  4. ect
Your power needs to be centered around yourself. So, if you are a shapshifter that would be fine, because you can make your own skin! You could even write people on the forums for a copy of their skins and copy it, which could lead to some wonderful rping.
Also, make sure it adds up! If you are going to be a wizard or enchantress, realize that you can't make yourself the 'most powerful sorceress of all time!" you can make yourself, a "novice shapshifter, illusionist that is just learning and sometimes losses control of yourself." or you can be an old hag expert shapeshifter that appears in the form of a beautiful young maiden.... who uses her shape shifting skills to increase her wealth and standing in Altera.
Suggestion:
  1. novice shapshifter, illusionist that is just learning and sometime losses control of herself
  2. old hag expert shapeshifter that appears in the form of a beautiful young maiden.... who uses her shape shifting skills to increase her wealth and standing in Altera
  3. Arcane golem enchanted to look like a beautiful young maiden

Danie_D

Lord of Altera
May advice is...

When making a character profile you can be as creative as you like but you shouldn't give yourself powers that impose on others.

For example:
  3. power to give life
  4. ect
Your power needs to be centered around yourself. So, if you are a shapshifter that would be fine, because you can make your own skin! You could even write people on the forums for a copy of their skins and copy it, which could lead to some wonderful rping.

Also, make sure it adds up! If you are going to be a wizard or enchantress, realize that you can't make yourself the 'most powerful sorceress of all time!" you can make yourself, a "novice shapshifter, illusionist that is just learning and sometimes losses control of yourself." or you can be an old hag expert shapeshifter that appears in the form of a beautiful young maiden.... who uses her shape shifting skills to increase her wealth and standing in Altera.
Suggestion:
  1. novice shapshifter, illusionist that is just learning and sometime losses control of yourself
  2. old hag expert shapeshifter that appears in the form of a beautiful young maiden.... who uses her shape shifting skills to increase her wealth and standing in Altera
I understand what you mean. I wasn't trying to impose things on people, I was just trying to think of other functions for my powers. Hmm, Option 1 & 2 are tempting, I'll think it over; I tend to lean toward option 1 however. Thank you for your ideas! :)

Danie_D

Lord of Altera
My advice is...

For example:
  3. power to give life
  4. ect

Suggestion:
  1. novice shapshifter, illusionist that is just learning and sometime losses control of herself
Also, what is a golem?

B

Bellon the Wise

We have a few in Uthrandir. They are creations, usually made by wizards, of rock and stone that are usually used to do Wizards bidding.

For other uses, see Golem (disambiguation).

An illustration of a golem.​
In Jewish folklore, a golem (Hebrew: גולם‎; English pronunciation: /ˈɡoʊləm/ goh-ləm) is an animated anthropomorphic being, created entirely from inanimate matter. The word was used to mean an amorphous, unformed material in Psalms and medieval writing.[1]
The most famous golem narrative involves Judah Loew ben Bezalel, the late 16th century chief rabbi of Prague.

ZaneCelmer

Hollows Explorer
I say that you should tie in past expieriences of why you can shapeshift, or if it was a birth-derived talent, incorporate having to grow up with it.

Danie_D

Lord of Altera
We have a few in Uthrandir. They are creations, usually made by wizards, of rock and stone that are usually used to do Wizards bidding.

For other uses, see Golem (disambiguation).

An illustration of a golem.

In Jewish folklore, a golem (Hebrew: גולם‎; English pronunciation: /ˈɡoʊləm/ goh-ləm) is an animated anthropomorphic being, created entirely from inanimate matter. The word was used to mean an amorphous, unformed material in Psalms and medieval writing.[1]
The most famous golem narrative involves Judah Loew ben Bezalel, the late 16th century chief rabbi of Prague.
Okay, that's interesting as well. By the way, RPing tonight was really fun :D

Danie_D

Lord of Altera
I say that you should tie in past expieriences of why you can shapeshift, or if it was a birth-derived talent, incorporate having to grow up with it.
I will tie it into my past somehow, I just have to decide exactly what my character is first.

Auxilium

Cobblestone King
I am a Golem, which is awesome.. And rocky.. Rock on! :D

Bellon gave you great advice indeed. You should consider that you put in some personalities you
have yourself in real life as well. It makes your character much more alive and it makes it more realistic
as well. Like me for example, I'm stubborn and friends are for me something really precious. You just
don't call someone random a friend, so it is for me harder to make a friend, but when I got a real friend
I will devote myself towards that person. (This is the internet of course, something different then IRL, but
hopefully you get what I mean.)

If you want, we could meet up sometime in game and we will discuss your personality you play as. :D