Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Character Profile: Fiona

Teeke

Lord of Altera

#30 - Under the Rain, by Sally @The Glitch
Here we see Raindes getting hit by yet another bolt of lightning, seems Jax really favors this one . . .
Also this is just a separation, there is a slight background which I took out, for the original check out Sally's 100 Chibi Challenge thread!

Teeke

Lord of Altera

The Celebrant and the Acolyte @Delta_61251 and @mucusBONES - thanks to sally@The Glitch

We're looking at several layers here actually...
Bottom layer is rain, added noise and blur
Above is the hill, actually done on 2 layers.
-One is just the hill, separated from a larger image. added noise
-One is and edge emphasis on the hill, added noise and blur
Then we have the shadows, which are just blacked out copies of the chibis.
-Stretched and flipped to orient towards the light source. (lightning) a heaping helping of blur added to those, and then partially transparent.
Finally we have the chibis~
An extra layer for Raindes with sprayed strokes was added, giving the shocking effect.
Then a duplicate of the chibis, with a lighting effect to add emphasis to the impact point of the lightning.
Finally a top layer of the rain, made transparent, to really give it the look of the two being in the rain~!

Jut thought I'd post how I did it.

Last edited:

Teeke

Lord of Altera

@Somnastra Drew this cute thing, i added the spot color.

Don't forget to check the art section of the OP for all of the cute doodles and drawings by the wonderful folk here~

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I should also point out that on PAPER, that little doodle is about an inch wide. And done in pen.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
idris falls under liked, with most people... since just about everyone is listed there i've gotten lazy and stopped adding names.
but idris is liked