Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

{City} {Moderate} Winterguard

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
WINTERGUARD

Introduction:

((Work in progress))​
The Archduchy of Winterguard is a part of the Kingdom of Hierax, and its most northern continental fief.
Located far north Wintetrguard is known for its harsh climate and high terrain, which makes it hard to conquer and even harder to level as it is supported by the mountain itself.

Winterguards most outstanding features are the natural hot springs around its vicinity which attract lots of visitors, and also making it possible for water to flow instead of freezing - most of them are however underground and have yet to be excavated.

The Soldiers and Armory of Winterguard are said to be extra resilient thanks to the harsh climate they have to endure day by day.

Government:

The fief of Winterguard was bestowed upon Archduke Bolvar Firestorm of House Firestorm, by his Royal majesty King Axex I. Aeyeras in his endless wisdom.

Law:

The Archduchy of Winterguard follows the laws of the Kingdom of Hierax.
Trails are being held directly in front of the Archduke, unless derogated to a lower instance.

Religion:

The Cathedral of Winterguard is the Center of Religion in the Archduchy, and bears a shrine to every god worshipped in the kingdom.
A big tree grows within the cathedral's center which is rumored to be the Tree gifted by the Goddess Shalherana in Heaven's Reach, which also serves as her shrine.

Winterguard follows the faith of the Kingdom of Hierax and has thus outlawed the worship of Evil Gods.

Wealth:

console.command.writeline("/Aeyeras")

Import(RP):

Despite being in the far northern Area of the Kingdom small amounts of land are still suitable for farming due to its underground hot springs.
However the majority of farm crops still has to be imported from other regions of the kingdom due to the Archduchy's cold climate.
However, despite its frozen soil crops produced in the Archduchy are still considered of the highest quality, which is theorized to be caused by the hot springs underground, and sell for a lot more if exported to other towns.

e.g.:

• Wheat
  • Carrots
  • Potatoes
  • Melon's
  • Pumpkins

Export(RP):
Despite its low self-sufficiency in terms of crops, Winterguard has a high output of quality Meat and Fish.
The Archduchy's true wealth however comes from its mines, which are rich with every ore currently known to the people of Altera.

e.g.:

• Game(Hunted meat)
  • Beef
  • Pork
  • Fish
  • Wood
  • Iron
  • Gold
  • Gems
  • Spring Water

Housing:
Housing in Winterguard is free of OOC charge and taxes, if you take up a job in the town
Taxes and rents will thus be collected RP only, thus you will not have to spend your Radiants on it.

It is not allowed to extend your house without permission, or make changes its exterior.

Professions:
Every Citizen is, required to take up a profession within either the Castle or the town. Please note that your job has an influence on the housing available to your character.

Castle:

Blacksmith:

Healer/Alchemist/Mage:

Servants:

Captain: Sir Frostlin Caladwell @Fronslin
Soldier:
Soldier:
Soldier
Soldier:

Warden:
Executioner:

Town:

Mayor(RP)

Innkeeper + Brewer(The Frozen Keg): Alayna Percel (@Alyssa)
Barmaid:

Merchant:
Apprentice:

Overseer: Krataes Ironheart(Sos )
Miner(RP):
Miner(RP):
Miner(RP):

Blacksmith:
Apprentice:

Mason(RP):
Apprentice(RP):

Carpenter(RP):
Apprentice(RP):

High Priest:
Priest:
Priest:
Priest:
Priest:
Priest:

'Outside' Town:

Innkeeper(The Dirty Cauldron):
Barmaid:

Borthel (Free Naming by owner; perfect for underworld activities)
Owner:
Job
Job:
Note: Please note that the dirty cauldron is meant to be a criminal hideout ;)

Farmer:
Serf:
Serf:

Hunter:
Fisher:
Forester:

Groundkeeper(Graveyard):

Events

1st Hieraxian joust + summoning completed
2nd Hieraxian joust - completed
Diplomatic Feast - completed

Last edited:

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Q: So how can i join?
A: Please fill out the form below, afterwards there is only the formality of some RP with either me or the towns Mayor (as soon as one is chosen) left ;).

Q: Sounds cool but how do I get there?
A: First you have to travel to Heaven's Reach you can do this either via the dock master (/go Heavens Reach) or through walking/swimming there.
From there on you got two options - Talk to the Stable Master (Yuki) and type /go Winterguard, or walk across the bridge and keep following the road until you reach a castle directly connected to the bridge.
there take the right exit and again cross a Bridge - then you just need to follow the road.

Q: So about those Taxes...
A: Taxes are RP only, no money, emeralds will be taken from you and the houses are free to, although to be chosen 'RP affordable considering your job in the town' (aka no huge mansions for stable boys).
This is a necessity to increase the immersion for everyone.

Q: So I got an idea for a build...
A: Building Ideas are to be submitted to the major(preferably with a screenshot), who will, if he thinks that they fit into the town environment, contact me for the final approval.
That being said the town will still be extended and is looking for dedicated IC and OOc builders to live there and help expand ;) (noted as Masons and Carpenters above)

Q:How can I become the IC-Mayor?
A: by getting voted on once enough people live in the town

Q: What does the Mayor do:
A: IC he is the one administrating the town and making reports to the Lord (me), OOC he is for example responsible for terminating if a build someone wants to see even fits into the town image before showing it to me for final approval.

Town Application

Handle:
Character Name:
Character Age:
Profession:

Last edited:

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
*stalks thread* if needed I can delete this post

Alyssa

Lord of Altera
Handle: AlyssaRK
Character Name: Alayna Percel
Character Age: 20
Profession: I'd love to join the city as the Innkeeper, if the position is still open! If not, I could take up a blacksmith or a farmer, depending on your preference.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Handle: AlyssaRK
Character Name: Alayna Percel
Character Age: 20
Profession: I'd love to join the city as the Innkeeper, if the position is still open! If not, I could take up a blacksmith or a farmer, depending on your preference.
Innkeeper spot is still free :) - Welcome aboard, you can pretty much pick the job you like best, the only one really taken atm is the Guard Captain (@Fronslin)

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
I'll try and swing by WG just pm me and I'll be on. I'm at a nearby camp IC.

Welcome to wintergaurd!

(Or if you really need me on you can skype me)

caerydd

Villager
Handle: caerydd
Character Name: Seralle Revas
Character Age: 23
Profession: Hoping to get a job as a barmaid at the Frozen Keg.

Goldenzim

Villager
I noticed that there is no lumberjack job. So do you import wood for building and firewood? (just wondering)
Handle: goldenzim1
Character Name: Gordrac Oakarm
Character Age: 26
Profession: soldier to be trained (if you do put in a lumberjack job I would like to mainly be come a lumberjack that also seek s military training).

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I noticed that there is no lumberjack job. So do you import wood for building and firewood? (just wondering)
Handle: goldenzim1
Character Name: Gordrac Oakarm
Character Age: 26
Profession: soldier to be trained (if you do put in a lumberjack job I would like to mainly be come a lumberjack that also seek s military training).
Hello and thank you for your application.
Technically the Lumberjack position is (mainly RP) as the forest (atm just a thicket) is mainly hand built and shouldn't get chopped by any means. (Any wood gathering would thus be in the sorrows).

A position as a soldier isn't a problem either if you prefer that one.

Atm I am a bit busy due to being in a new job, I will however contact you within the next few days to show you around town and discuss anything further regarding your IC job and any remaining questions you might have.
As well as an Rp part/ setting a time in case the other part takes longer.

Sos

Lord of Altera
Handle: hjk_sos
Character name: Krataes Ironheart
Character age: 29
Profession: Mine overseer/miner