Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Clarence21's Application [Accepted - Jinny]

Clarence21

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Clarence21

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
US
4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and power gaming?
Metagaming is when you learn stuff in character from other characters and then use it to help you. Powergaming is when the other characters don't have time to react when you do and NPC's are used to help you however you want.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No that's hacking

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Tiberione

8. Tell us about yourself!
I do good in school. I play fortnite, and cod ww2. I love food and traveling. I play the piano. I like to swim.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I don't have proof but I am a decent miner and good with a bow

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I looked up roleplay medieval times servers and found your server.

Character Name:
Jeffery

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human
Appearance:
Black hair, Blue eyes, White skin, Black, White, and Brown outfit

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a role player. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

My name is Jeffery and this is a story about my life. It was was a dark night 10 years ago when my dad told us that we where moving to the new city. The city of Athena was a place I never thought about going to considering we weren’t rich. So, we packed our bags and hit the road. The journey there was incredible. We past through cities and towns so detailed that I could not wait tom see what are city looked like. It took 3 days on horseback to get to Athena. Let me just say that it was incredible. Buildings as high and far as I could see. I knew I was going to love it. I went on a tour of the city and found that they have everything that you can imagine. They had bakeries, blacksmith’s and a mine. My dads new job was to work as a guard for the king of the city. The pay was so good that we where able to live in a house 2 times bigger then are old one.5 years later...Today was a big day, my dad said that he was going to teach me how to mine and use a bow and arrow. He spent days teaching me how to mine and shoot. He showed me strategies and drills that I practiced, but I was no where near close to being as good as my dad. 5 years later... Today was insane. My dad let me mine by myself for the first time. What happened was I went into the mine scared to death that a creeper would show up out of no where and kill me. Then I went to the bottom of the cave and started digging. I came across some iron and coal until I found it. Diamonds! So, I went over and started to mine it when I started to hear something. It was the sound of bats approaching me. I stopped what I was doing as fast as I could and bolted out of there. I ran up the stairs to the safety of my farther giving me a funny look if he had just knew what happened. I told him that I got 1 diamond and he said “ your ready”. And I said “for what”. Then he said “to go”. After that night I went looking for jobs in other cities and towns, so I can start the rest or my story.

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Hello, I'm glad you applied, however, there are some problems with your application:

1) Definitions - Both your metagaming and powergaming definitions are incorrect. I recommend you read our roleplaying guide to see if you can't figure out how to phrase them in your own words.

2) Appearance - Black is not a natural eye color for humans.

3) Written Test - Your Written Test is below the 400-word minimum. You also demonstrated poor English capabilities in your test, which is a problem because good English allows us to all communicate easily with each other. Your story also has cliches of the parent(s) dying. Please refrain from using such cliches in your story.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your application feel free to message me or another mentor.

Clarence21

Villager
Hello, I'm glad you applied, however, there are some problems with your application:

1) Definitions - Both your metagaming and powergaming definitions are incorrect. I recommend you read our roleplaying guide to see if you can't figure out how to phrase them in your own words.

2) Appearance - Black is not a natural eye color for humans.

3) Written Test - Your Written Test is below the 400-word minimum. You also demonstrated poor English capabilities in your test, which is a problem because good English allows us to all communicate easily with each other. Your story also has cliches of the parent(s) dying. Please refrain from using such cliches in your story.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your application feel free to message me or another mentor.

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Alright, so you made an improvement with word count and removing the whole cliche of dead parents. There are still some problems with your story. In general, it doesn't really flow well at all. There's no fluidity between events and everything is very choppy in it. Also, you don't start out the master of something, as it doesn't really allow one to have any growth and development in that field.

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
There are still cliches within your story. Such as ones involving raiders, or becoming an expert with a bow. It's okay to not be the best writer but it's just certain things you need to remember. If there are further problems I'll hand you over to Ayda To discuss what's wrong with your story.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Greetings! I'll be handling the application from this point. :) Should you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me on the forums or DM me on Discord.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Thank you for trying again with your written story! I wanted to let you know however that Creepers aren't in lore. They're an OOC hazard, but as far as something that would trouble someone IC. A simple fix for this would be possibly a flock of bats or something else that would be prone to scaring a child of his age.

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.