Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Crafting Plugin Feedback + FAQ Thread

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
For example, I can create blankets and sails in tailoring. Will those who want a blanket or a sail in their day to day house/ship, require a crafted blanket like such to sit in a chest to prove that they indeed, possess an ICly made sail/blanket? If that makes sense?
Can't speak on blankets, but sails will be part of creating a finished product as a Shipwright.

Tideborne

Not A Pirate
Retired Staff
Tideborne
Tideborne
Blankets I assume will mostly be flavor, recommend that you get one IC to encourage RP, but with little mechanical benefit unless you make it out of specific materials.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Would it be possible to craft items that are below your skill level in quality? Like, for example make [poor] items when your best is [average] or [excellent]?

I think it would be sensible to create lower quality items, for cheaper prices of a certain item.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Are blowpipes something that can be crafted? Likely in carving?

JustTheEngineer

Country roads, take me home
Evil
Legend
Retired Staff
JustTheEngineer
JustTheEngineer
Evil
Allow for the salvaging of crafted weapons, tools and armor.
Our guy Lanman has got that covered. The bugs channel is being used as a sort of “change log” chat as well as bug reports. Copied from discord from 12/27/2020:

An updated version of crafting will be out tomorrow. It majorly changes how experience gain is handled by the plugin, and will now show how much you'll get in the crafting menu. Let me know if anything funky happens with that

The new version also has salvage/repair mechanics. Repair won't do anything unless a DM breaks your item for you, but you can salvage a crafted item by left clicking a grindstone with it

Repair is right clicking a grindstone, for when that becomes relevant

Salvage should break down an item into 0 to x of its main ingredients, where x is the recipe cost. You only get the ingredients if you're a high enough level to craft with them.

Scardrac

Felsummer
Are blowpipes something that can be crafted? Likely in carving?
It makes sense to me, sure.

Would it be possible to craft items that are below your skill level in quality? Like, for example make [poor] items when your best is [average] or [excellent]?

I think it would be sensible to create lower quality items, for cheaper prices of a certain item.
As the discord post from Lannis posted by Kaiser recently states, there will be damage states on items, and the 'quality rating' will help when DMs need to know whether or not your sword snaps and breaks, or cleaves through the hide of the beast.

I don't think the quality function has any sort of impact on the xp or cooldown side of things, and I am not sure if it should, but if it's a desired enough function to be able to gouge the market with sub-par crafts, hilarious, and I support that. But that's a "maybe" because I am not the plugin guy.

Do we know the use of Immortal Diamonds yet?
This is the case for many of the materials out right now. It's my mistake for letting the beta go so long without the necessary info, but come full release, expect forum posts detailing all of the information people need to know with each material. (See Irzis-Fyr for an example.)

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
If a sword hilt is [poor], but the blade is [average] what is the aftermath?

Fry

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Fryzbee
Fryzbee
Mystic
Are the wood nodes meant to be so rare? Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong area I'm not sure.

Tideborne

Not A Pirate
Retired Staff
Tideborne
Tideborne
Are the wood nodes meant to be so rare? Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong area I'm not sure.
They tend to be the hardest to find due to the location of highest spawn rate also having the highest densities of actual trees for them to hide in.

Last edited:

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
when we re-gen the nodes with the new content in feb I think making trees make a bit more sense is on the list

JustTheEngineer

Country roads, take me home
Evil
Legend
Retired Staff
JustTheEngineer
JustTheEngineer
Evil
I know salvaging is broken and such, but for when it is fixed, I’d like to suggest that smithing would have its own form of salvage, such as reforging, that allows us to get back the exact components that went into the weapons and such. It was a very common practice and is actually relatively simple and easy to do, especially for a blacksmith. To clarify, if you have a medium iron sword with an oak hilt, you should get the medium iron sword blade and oak hilt back exactly as they were. It doesn’t make sense that a blacksmith would fail in this regard.

Thank you for considering this suggestion, even if you don’t use it!

Scardrac

Felsummer
I know salvaging is broken and such, but for when it is fixed, I’d like to suggest that smithing would have its own form of salvage, such as reforging, that allows us to get back the exact components that went into the weapons and such. It was a very common practice and is actually relatively simple and easy to do, especially for a blacksmith. To clarify, if you have a medium iron sword with an oak hilt, you should get the medium iron sword blade and oak hilt back exactly as they were. It doesn’t make sense that a blacksmith would fail in this regard.

Thank you for considering this suggestion, even if you don’t use it!
I think there can be a form of "dismantling" a certain item back to its base parts, sure. (Unless there's an issue with the plugin side of things.)

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
For journeyman carving, it is not allowing me to craft with Obsidian or earkstone.