Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Crowning of Marr's New Queen

Jayo

Loyal Servant of Altera
Dawm.. This event was pretty cool..
Couple fights, People died..
It was like a horror movie..

eeeeeevvvviillllll @Michcat

Last edited:

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Oh that girl died. She was innocent to. Padra will "thank" Albareth for the ptsd later.
Try me.

On a more serious note, the event didn't need gods. I'll be honest here, most events really do not, and the atmosphere just thickens with their appearance, everyone gets more nervous and it all just turns into a mess. I didn't really enjoy the event that much, because instead of it being what it should have been, a coronation, it turned into a mess and drama as usual thanks to some completely uncalled for 'divine intervention'. I don't really care how a single character was affected in that whole thing. An event that ultimately was ran mostly to make Sheila the queen turned into a fight and bickering. Gods are obviously a lot easier to avoid than people coming to an event just to complain (like Lavoyard...). It wasn't bad, but ultimately it wasn't a coronation, but a chaos.

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
Try me.

On a more serious note, the event didn't need gods. I'll be honest here, most events really do not, and the atmosphere just thickens with their appearance, everyone gets more nervous and it all just turns into a mess. I didn't really enjoy the event that much, because instead of it being what it should have been, a coronation, it turned into a mess and drama as usual thanks to some completely uncalled for 'divine intervention'. I don't really care how a single character was affected in that whole thing. An event that ultimately was ran mostly to make Sheila the queen turned into a fight and bickering. Gods are obviously a lot easier to avoid than people coming to an event just to complain (like Lavoyard...). It wasn't bad, but ultimately it wasn't a coronation, but a chaos.
You should note that one of them isn't a full lavoyarde and the other is a sell sword under marr.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Stop breaking my mentor!
Yes please ;-;
You should note that one of them isn't a full lavoyarde and the other is a sell sword under marr.
And Arthorius and Barthelemy stepped up to say something when the Ceremony was half through.
Also there was a fault, by me. I told somebody to say their line @BrianAT16 before they were suppose to so we were both talking at once. My bad for poor coordination in that one instance.
But I got to say Tybalt's speech and Oaths, which I am quite proud of it since I don't quite often right aswell as I did ^-^
And the god shenanigans, altho not what the event was for, was still fun and relevant because it made IC sense for these things to happen and for them to be there.

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
Try me.

In general I agree and prefer player rp over server driven rp. This is why there have been no summoning events in Wolfstadt (not that any gods would show up anyway #blacklist) Nobody who plays in that city likes the idea of having gods running amok around their living space which is completely reasonable.

Really though it comes down to what the event hosts and town owner wanted. If they told mich that it was something they wanted it's all up to them. Personally I prefer events without gods and magic and things and often avoid events because of this, but if people want to host that kind of event there's nothing that can be done about it it's their fun.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
In general I agree and prefer player rp over server driven rp. This is why there have been no summoning events in Wolfstadt (not that any gods would show up anyway #blacklist) Nobody who plays in that city likes the idea of having gods running amok around their living space which is completely reasonable.

Really though it comes down to what the event hosts and town owner wanted. If they told mich that it was something they wanted it's all up to them. Personally I prefer events without gods and magic and things and often avoid events because of this, but if people want to host that kind of event there's nothing that can be done about it it's their fun.
The whole god thing was unplanned. As such, it's really uncalled for. An annoyance more than legitimate RP, because it desperately tried to spice things up, and as usual just failed.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
I found the servants of the gods showing up to be interesting and quite fun. People have been complaining that gods shouldn't be interfering directly as they should have more important things to do, and I think having servants of the gods appear in events to be a great compromise for those who enjoy exciting gods stuff and people who think gods shouldn't get involved personally in events. Though it was unplanned I don't think that makes it "uncalled for". I mean, these servants and the gods above them are more than just set pieces that exist as "server/staff interference", they're living breathing aspects of the world with their own agenda's, which makes them interesting. I'd like to have more events like this, with things going not as planned for several reasons, to many reasons to even list right now, I hope to see the servants of the gods in events more often.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera

We did not intend for this in anyway. I always tell Mich when it pertains to my character, events, or regions that if the god would show up and do what it does, let it happen.
The whole god thing was unplanned. As such, it's really uncalled for. An annoyance more than legitimate RP, because it desperately tried to spice things up, and as usual just failed.
It didn't fail at all. Character's failed and from an IC standpoint yeah. But you can't really "Fail" in RP. Only one of my OOC goals for Azerport failed but it can be regained.

Also, a while back I held a religions event where Tybalt dedicated the lands of Azerport to Rahas. The Knight was sent by Rahas to "Aid the people of Marr" as a way to show that he had not forgotten about his people.
The only aspect you could say anybody failed. Is people continued to be edgy and smart, even after a Knight (Like an Angel) of Rahas went Whoopass on Peter for doing such, yet he and others kept running their mouths. Also the immature interruptions in the Ceremony to kiss people while the Councilors were giving their oaths.
....and my few WC's and one instance ofa slippup in Coordination.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I found the servants of the gods showing up to be interesting and quite fun. People have been complaining that gods shouldn't be interfering directly as they should have more important things to do, and I think having servants of the gods appear in events to be a great compromise for those who enjoy exciting gods stuff and people who think gods shouldn't get involved personally in events. Though it was unplanned I don't think that makes it "uncalled for". I mean, these servants and the gods above them are more than just set pieces that exist as "server/staff interference", they're living breathing aspects of the world with their own agenda's, which makes them interesting. I'd like to have more events like this, with things going not as planned for several reasons, to many reasons to even list right now, I hope to see the servants of the gods in events more often.
Gods' servants? Cool by me. But I'm preeettty certain that's what the Exalted were supposed to be for. What the hell happened to that at any rate?
Gods' servants who can still destroy someone with god powers? Nope.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I have no clue what the hell happened.

also what god powers as far as I could tell, Rahas knight was just having dem angel powers.
and I mean, why wouldn't a knight have super strength. come on people.

.... I have no idea what in heck was that dragon stuff like, what. I'm so amused at how Serri managed to avoid that.