Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

(csekavec) – application [Approved - Mairin]

Minionland

Villager
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

csekavec

2) How old are you?

As of this instant I am 10,383 days old.

3) Where are you?

Right now? 38° 38' 28" N, 99° 44' 45" W, remodeling. Give me notice before you pull up a satellite photo and I'll go outside and wave.

4) Have you read our guides yet?

Yup

5) Introduce yourself!

Hi. My name is Čenek. I primarily respirate and gormandize in Kansas, although I tend to travel frequently. I buy real estate and remodel it. I have a few that I rent out. I have no formal schooling.

Re: gaming, I fell in love with the possibilities of computer RPG when I first played Morrowind. I was (for a while) fanatical about Mass Effect 1 because I felt it represented a 'serious' science fiction game. When I was a kid, I played Commander Keen 4 and 5 so much that I could beat the whole game getting every point possible, without losing a single keen. I kept a notebook of the squiggles and successfully deciphered the language and can still (mostly) read it.

Of late I've played League of Legends since its release. I placed gold in season 2.

6) Got any examples of your work?

Nope. I used to host a server for about two dozen folks. I built a nice castle of cobblestone complete with crenelated battlements full of arrow slits, and a locking redstone powered metal gate.

On a friends creative server I built a scale model of the parthenon, and attempted a scale version of the eiffel tower...

But this was back in Minecraft Beta.

About your character

Name:

Corey

30ish.

Race:

Human.

Appearance:

If has a choice, prefers black and silver. Broad shoulders indicative of many hours of fencing training.

[I do not own that image, and I do not know who does]

The test

There was a time when Corey would be seen always wearing a blade, usually in energetic defense of a just cause pleasing to Herateth and Rahas. But ardent study of philosophy enacted an unusual change in him: he put aside his lineal sword Greyswandir and disavowed allegiance to any god.

His friends wondered if he'd lost his nerve. His patron wondered if he'd lost his mind. The defenseless whom he'd championed were merely thankful he'd helped them at all.

They all asked him: why have you done this thing? And he explained.

"Is justice by violence truly justice? Is it right for Corey to prevent forcible harm to Alice by forcibly harming Bob? By syllogism, no. All initiation of force is wrong, irregardless of the source or the intent. "

Corey concluded by telling his friends that instead of fighting injustice, we must encourage justice to occur naturally. "Defeating a foe only convinces them that you are stronger perhaps only solving one problem," Corey expounded. "But persuading a foe convinces him that you are right, solving all future problems. I will fight with words and non-aggression."

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
I absolutely love love your writing style and hint of humour in the location and age bit.
But.. your character backgroundstorie does not fit with our written lore.
Could you please check up with on the wiki.

(I'd link you if I was not on my phone)
Again. .. I love your writing style

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
This is sooo good, but is slightly out of place with our lore...easy to fix though! First there is only Altera (I was also not able to have my character be a world jumper though I tried :p) and the magic here will have to be learned in game and through the lore. So if you could just rework your test a bit to fit with that, then I can move you right along. Lastly in regards to race, being a elf appearing as a human is fine, but there are no half and halfs allowed due to abuse and confusion...

Hope this doesn't deter you! The application is great, and as soon as its edited a bit (using that edit button at the bottom of the post) then I can happily take another look!

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
It is more than compliant, it is wonderful! And we shall breathe life into you once again...or at least give it our best. Ready to move you onto the last step :)

Your application is almost ready to be approved, all you need to do is answer the two following questions correctly. You will be able to find all the answers either on our forums or on the wiki, the link for which can be found near the top of the page. Remember to read everything carefully, some of the answers may be rather discreet.

How can you switch to RP chat in-game?

What is the unit of currency in Altera?

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)

Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Where to vote for us
Tips on roleplay
How to use the forum
Hollow World Texture pack
Role-Play training camp
The Players' Handbook
The Role-Play Character Assistance Team(RP-CAT)

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.