Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

DaisiesAndEG Whitelist Application [Declined - Dee]

Pronouns
She/Her
{Introduction Section}

Minecraft Username: DaisiesAndEG

Country & Timezone: Central Timezone USA

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?: Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?: Metagaming is taking knowledge learned out of character and acting as if your character knows it and can act on it. Powergaming is acting in such a way that takes away player agency from others. Example: I jump out from behind a bush and kill you.

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?: No

Tell us about yourself!: I am a college student studying English and Classics. I have been in the Minecraft rp community for about 2 years now. I love reading fantasy books, sewing, and gardening. I play DnD with my friends when I have time as both a DM and a player. I want to be a librarian when I finish my education.

Referral: Planet Minecraft

{Character Section}
Character Name: Shunte O'Hafton Bright

Race: Human

Appearance: A short woman with light brown skin and curly black hair. Her eyes are dark red. She wears traveler's clothes and speaks with a foreign accent.

Written Test (Min: 400 words):

Shunte O’Hafton Bright was born in Abershire, a small farming village on the Aikia Plains in the Free Lands. Firstborn of Luthien and James Bright, she grew up hearing of their adventures in the far away land of Templehelm. When she came of age, Shunte told her parents she wanted to sail across Setlian Sea and explore this land for herself. Though they were fearful of the danger that might befall her, they knew better than to try and control their daughter. Instead, they helped her prepare as best they could. A week into Shunte’s sea voyage, a fierce monsoon blew her ship off course. When the skies finally cleared, the captain found that the heavens were filled with unfamiliar constellations. After two days of uncertainty and debate, it was decided that the best course of action would be to sail east, as the sun was a sure landmark. Three weeks later, the crew sighted land. After sailing around the coast for a few more days, they decided to make landfall. With no training in combat, no magical abilities, and no way to get home, Shunte is uncertain of what will come of her in this new land. She will likely have to rely on the goodwill of strangers to even survive. Her only resource is the memories of her home, of the goodness and kindness imprinted onto her by her parents and her siblings, now unreachably far away.

Shunte was raised on a farm and has a lot of knowledge related to plants and animals. She tends to be quiet, letting others talk before she does. She is quick to notice small things. When around her family and close friends, she opens up and can be surprisingly witty. Her lack of experience in the world outside of her small village makes her trusting of others and easily taken advantage of. She loves songs and stories but rarely sings, though she has a decent voice.

When Shunte was a child of about eight, she remembers her mother singing songs in a language she did not know. When Shunte asked what she was singing about, Mama smiled and said it was an old hymn taught to her by a very dear friend. Though Shunte did not understand the words, she found the melody to be beautiful. A few months later, when her father gave her a beautiful wooden flute he had whittled for her birthday, Shunte was determined to learn the melody her mother sang so often. After many weeks of work, she played the melody while Mama washed dishes. She did not see, nor would she have understood, the tears that streamed down her mother’s face, but she was bursting with pride when her mother turned around and told her that it sounded beautiful. Years later, Shunte realized that her mother had, indeed, been crying, and she always wondered why.

Sergeant Freedom

Lord of Altera
Sergeant_Freedom
Sergeant_Freedom
Legend
Hello! Some small tid bits with the application to be fixed before accepting

Appearance: A short woman with light brown skin and curly black hair. Her eyes are dark red. She wears traveler's clothes and speaks with a foreign accent.

Written Test (Min: 400 words):

Shunte O’Hafton Bright was born in Abershire, a small farming village on the Aikia Plains in the Free Lands. Firstborn of Luthien and James Bright, she grew up hearing of their adventures in the far away land of Templehelm. When she came of age, Shunte told her parents she wanted to sail across Setlian Sea and explore this land for herself. Though they were fearful of the danger that might befall her, they knew better than to try and control their daughter. Instead, they helped her prepare as best they could. A week into Shunte’s sea voyage, a fierce monsoon blew her ship off course. When the skies finally cleared, the captain found that the heavens were filled with unfamiliar constellations. After two days of uncertainty and debate, it was decided that the best course of action would be to sail east, as the sun was a sure landmark. Three weeks later, the crew sighted land. After sailing around the coast for a few more days, they decided to make landfall. With no training in combat, no magical abilities, and no way to get home, Shunte is uncertain of what will come of her in this new land. She will likely have to rely on the goodwill of strangers to even survive. Her only resource is the memories of her home, of the goodness and kindness imprinted onto her by her parents and her siblings, now unreachably far away.

Shunte was raised on a farm and has a lot of knowledge related to plants and animals. She tends to be quiet, letting others talk before she does. She is quick to notice small things. When around her family and close friends, she opens up and can be surprisingly witty. Her lack of experience in the world outside of her small village makes her trusting of others and easily taken advantage of. She loves songs and stories but rarely sings, though she has a decent voice.

When Shunte was a child of about eight, she remembers her mother singing songs in a language she did not know. When Shunte asked what she was singing about, Mama smiled and said it was an old hymn taught to her by a very dear friend. Though Shunte did not understand the words, she found the melody to be beautiful. A few months later, when her father gave her a beautiful wooden flute he had whittled for her birthday, Shunte was determined to learn the melody her mother sang so often. After many weeks of work, she played the melody while Mama washed dishes. She did not see, nor would she have understood, the tears that streamed down her mother’s face, but she was bursting with pride when her mother turned around and told her that it sounded beautiful. Years later, Shunte realized that her mother had, indeed, been crying, and she always wondered why.

Humans cannot have red eyes (Unless through magical means or other traits given through roleplay) so I'll ask that you have another color given to them. The link to the humans and their cultures is here X

Secondly, most of the places you've named do not currently exist in the world of Altera. I would like to see a bit of familiarity with the current world geography in the form of cities or towns that currently exist!

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Hello DaisiesAndEarlGrey! I'm going to decline the application for inactivity, but those points above made by Sergeant Freedom still stand in case you want to reapply. That said, any lore questions you may have in advance can be asked in the Discord's ticket system. As a further amendment, red eyes are a possibility, but they denote the curse of vyrism, which would require a vyre profile be made after being accepted. The test you've written is very good, but mentions of more vague locations may help in the future if you don't want to lean on learning the current map in advance.

Feel free to reapply! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.