Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Day 1 - A First Step

LordHavoc01

Villager
I stepped out of the Town Hall to glorious sunshine. Westwood was the place, I was just getting the lay of the land and may apply for citizenship as the town looked peaceful enough. But today wasn't the day for that. I had travelled for weeks from my hometown of blockingdom in a different land. My reasons for leaving are no secret, it was lonely and there were no challenges (singleplayer ;) ), so one day I packed some provisions and started walking.

Not ready to settledown into a town yet, I needed somewhere to stay. The first days are always the hardest so I hewn a meager home for myself inside a small natural cave. Which is located in the shadow of the mighty Ravenfrostt castle. I struck lucky though as it had deposits of iron and coal. I mined those out and went out to see what other resources were available at hand.

One point I should mention is that this land has magic, the most wonderous of this is the ability to communicate with other residents of Altera from half the world away.

While I was replanting my sustained forest I overheard in the air that a MeganPerk was in demand to buy a lot of wood. Not wanting to waste the opportunity I decided to help fullfill that to make a bit of money.

As I harvested I spoke to a few of the other citizens and MeganPerk to learn a little about the place and its people. I was made to feel welcome and was helped at everyturn but also the need to help was infectious.

A few days later I had plenty of wood, I went travelling across the land; I asked a passerby who told me MeganPerk was working on a project just south of Tyranna. I queried what it was but the individual didn't know; So with a heading I set off.

I found myself in a beautiful forest filled valley and could hear the sounds of work nearby. I followed the sounds and my jaw dropped when I pushed my way through a thicket. It was a tree, no...it was THE tree. It's base was the diameter of at least 50 trees and its height was incalcuable. It looked like a mother tree watching over its children of the forest.

But what amazed me more was how it grew. I could see MeganPerk in the distance and it looked like a combination of building and growing. Clearly some other kind of magic that this land had. The tree although was built was growing leaves from its sides, I was awestruck.

On my journey over I saw various settlements and buildings, all of which were magnificent. I mused to myself : It didn't take me long to gather this much wood. In my homeland it would have taken months, but this land has a strange aura around it and its materials are so easy to work with.

After a quick tour of the tree I decided to give away the wood, MeganPerk was most appreciative. She did offer money but I turned her down saying it was a mighty project and just a little credit when its complete would be payment enough.

I then travelled back home with another spell that I learned from a useful board in that first Town Hall (The Forum ;) ). Now the adventure really starts

LordHavoc01

Villager
Day 1 1/2 - Building a new home

After helping out with the great tree it was now time to build a home for myself. I had a plan in mind, however the craftsmaster that trained me taught me some difficult mechanisms; I needed Redstone. This magical dust carries a charge, not unlike lightning however it's safe to the touch. With it you could make doors open or pistons move and any number of other mechanisms. This was key to my home!

I mined for days, going deeper and deeper. I even hit bedrock so I mined across. I had almost given up until I spotted the distinct red glow in the gloom. Fortified I pressed on and found a sizable vien. I was elated, I mined the lot out and came topside.

After about a week of work I've got the foundation up and the door mechanism in place...now it's time to sleep.

LordHavoc01

Villager
I wasn't 100% sure what was happening there: I was running along and you were trying to bury me in sand. Then I told you to stop and you said 'eeek, you can see me' and ran off.

Did think about putting that in but thought better off it as it was so Random, and a bit out of character.

Fitz

Back with a platter of heart leaches...
Retired Staff
This is good stuff, I look forward to reading more.

LordHavoc01

Villager
Day 2 - Its a kind of magic

I woke up reluctantly this morning. The constant dripping of the leaking cave wall giving me the final encouragement to get out of bed and continue work on a more suitable homestead. I donned my armour and went to my chest to grab a bite for breakfast. I noticed a hole in the side, it looks like the local rodent residents enjoy my baking. Thankfully they left me some (I'm not averse to eating half nibbled food when i'm starving after a long days work).

For most of the morning I didn't pay much attention to the chatter across the magic air ways. I stuck to my work as my home needed walls. I must have mined about 10 tonnes of stone before I took a moment to rest. I lay down and shut my eyes and didn't wake up for at least two hours (logged and went for a bath and some food)

I woke up and felt like I needed that rest. Now was time to employ two of my special architecture techniques to my home - floatstone and floatcrystal. The stone I mix the cobblestone with tiny magical crystal fragments which makes the stone lighter than air. I adjust the ratios to get the lift just right. The float crystal is a pure form that has great life, which i use when building great structures on it. The foundation and walls are now complete and my home is in the air. I constructed a bridge with lights leading right to the front gate.

That's when I had a visitor from a *seemingly nice chap called Joely (*his true character will be revealed later). I invited him to see my work, he looked impressed and explorered the walls. I explained I still had a lot of work to do on it but he didn't mind. After we enjoyed a quick snack and a few drinks together things got a bit rowdy and Joely climbed up to one of my top walls of the castle and dared "Should I go for it"...I smiled and shouted my dare back at him...a second later he jumped off, 100ft down.

A few seconds later, a splash was heard. I'll reveal now that my castle is suspend in air above a lake.
I went over to the edge to see Joely floundering in the wash, but my amusment was broken when I heard over the airwaves of a crime being committed. A cold shiver ran down my spine when Joely was named the suspect. I had let this person run freely around my home, shared my dinner table and drink.

I listened further to find out more...Joelys crime was to bury one of the meditating kings?!? I had to stifle a chuckle at this news. I had heard rumours of the kings powers and to a being of such power this is little more than a pratical joke. I wandered out to the forest to see where Joely had got to but he was nowhere to be seen. Then with a loud crack someone else appeared out of thin air. The sight of this person made my sword arm twitch, I took a breath and hoped he hadn't seen that minute movement. He was fully armour clad, wielding a huge diamond hewn sword.

He approached me and asked if I had seen a thief. I was going to speak but I gritted my teeth and settled at shaking my head. The figure stared at me for a moment and turned away. Seconds later he raised his hand a carpet made from woven glass and gold materialized and carried him into the air; I was stunned for a few moments as I watched the man disappear into the distance.

I always make up my own judgements about people and I didn't want to see Joely get the punishment this armoured figure was about to dish out to him. I warned him over the air "Joely, I've just seen a man wielding a big diamond sword heading your way". However Joely was proven for the crimes so I didn't get involved any further.

Shortly later I was greeted by a chap who revealed his name as River. He looked like an ex soldier but wasn't wearing new armour or gear. He was in his later twenties but gave of a strong demenior of uncertainty about him. He wasn't sure how to behave in this new land so I agreed to let him tag along for a while.

After a quick tour of my home and cave we settled down to talk about life in in Altera when there was a loud crack and everything went white. When my vision cleared I was squeezed into a tiny room with about thirty other people. There were cheers and laughing and some grumpy people and then someone shouted that we were in jail.

The squeezing eased off and I was glad to see that the jail door was opened. Everyone was scrambling to get out and when seeing the daylight outside it was like a party. People were running around, throwing chickens, striping down to their birthday suit (I'm unfortunatly looking at you BigDaNick :p ).

It turns out that king Steel had gotten involved in the hunt for Joely and also enjoyed a quick drink or six, he kept missing with his magic teleport bolts and then decided to teleport everyone to the jail and let the situation sort itself out. Truth be told, it was effective...if highly amusing. There was some upset regarding the great tree being formed by Megan. Rather than letting the incident escalate Megan was temporarily banished to another dimension to cool off.

Feeling concern about the tree as I put a lot of work into helping, I set off with River in tow to see what had happened to it. It took several days and climbed over the snow capped peaks of the valley where the tree was situated. I expected the worse judging from Megans reactions earlier; but when I came over the horizon I was greeted by the most magnificant sight I have ever seen.

The tree was twice as high as it was last time I saw it and was adorned with glowstone. The roots and branches had matured into shape and I could not see any damage at all. I hope Megan returns to this world as the art she has created needs it's artist!

Satisfied that the tree was unharmed I cast the spell to teleport me home and continued work on my homestead for a bit. Then tired for all the activities took a holiday and popped myself into another dimension (logged off)

LordHavoc01

Villager
Day 3 - Stuck In Another Dimension

After slipping out of Altera after the hard work the other day, I tried to get back but some interspacial turbulance threw me back. So was stuck here for another day
(In other words, I went out to watch Harry Potter and didn't log on)

*Later*
Having navigated through the eddies I stand on the threshold of Altera, but now the portal is inaccessible (bad login). I'm now trying my various repetoir of spells to try to open it (posted a help message on forum :p )

*Later Still*
Betty has managed to send a message to me through the dimensional barrier. A new spell to try. It'll take some time to cast, but I hopefully should be back to Altera in a few hours.

LordHavoc01

Villager
Day 4 and Beyond

My home is nearing completion (image added to the showcase forum). Today was most strange, as soon as night fell in a blink of an eye it became day again. I wasn't complaining though it allowed me to get a lot done.

I struck diamond in the mine and more redstone. My instincts about this location were right on the mark. I dug that out and put my gains in a safe place. Didn't see anyone locally today although there was plenty of chatter on the air ways. Alas though I was far too focused on getting my home sorted out. Now that's done I can relax a bit, and I think I'll check out the local towns.

I did notice though someone had made themselves a little cave not far from mine. I had a nosey inside, it looked quite a safe place to rest at night. The trap door was left open but the resident was nowhere to be found. I left and closed the hatch behind me, no sense in letting the rain get in.