Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Dear HollowWorld {Declined}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdog418

Lord of Altera
Dear HollowWorld

So I found a command on HollowWorld the all loving medieval fantasy Minecraft server. And I got banned. I got banned because I used a bug in the server which allowed me to use /item which if you did not know spawns any item and as much as you want of it. And I used it to my advantage. I found it in /help essentials
I spawned about

140 stacks of emerald blocks that's 8,960 emerald blocks which it 80,640 emeralds that equals $1,612,800 and that's just the start

I spawned 10 stacks of diamond blocks that's 640 diamond blocks which it 5,760 diamonds. I burned like 7 stacks because I thought I did not need more than 3 stacks

I spawned 3 stacks of gold blocks that's 192 gold blocks which is 1,728 gold ingots

2 diamond chest plates
1 diamond helmet
1 diamond boot
1 diamond leggings
3 diamond swords
3 diamond pick axes
64 torches
64 enchanting tables (I only wanted one but accidentally spawned a stack)
64 book shelves
1 anvil
A lot and I really mean a lot of exp bottles
1 bucket of lava
1 stack of books
2 chests
2 bows
1 book and quill

And I think that's all I spawned

And so I used the emeralds to get money, and I used the books, anvil, exp, enchanting table, bookshelves, and torches to build a enchanting room in the sorrows. I used it to enchant books and put on my armor, weapons and pickaxes. And I did that for a while like 10 - 20 mins. Then the big bad admins banned me.

Am I sorry? Well I'm not sorry I did it, no I'm sorry I got caught.

Why did I not tell? Because I was having fun

You know the admins should thank me I showed them a bug in there system and I should be thanked not banned. It's your own fault the bug is in the system anyway. Fine clear my inventory and take all my money. I had nothing to start with. But don't ban me for finding a bug and using it for my own self interest. That should be my payment for showing you.

You admins say you want respect. Well the respect you get is just players suppressing they're emotions so that they please you. You admins scare players. If we mess up once or say something you don't like we get banned.

You had admins people liked, but now they are ether gone, not active, or no longer admins. Maybe you admins need to shut up about players and fix problems at home first.

If admins don't have a connection with players or the players don't like the admins then the server dies.

So thanks for reading
And I'm still not sorry

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Denied. You should have reported the bug the minute you started spawning stuff in. This isn't an apology or a proper appeal.

Jdog418

Lord of Altera
Oh sorry did I not make it clear this is not a unban request this is just my opinion
So no need for the banned thing on this forum

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
You had admins people liked, but now they are ether gone, not active, or no longer admins. Maybe you admins need to shut up about players and fix problems at home first.
If people didn't like the current admin team, they would've left already. People hate cheaters like you though~

If admins don't have a connection with players or the players don't like the admins then the server dies.

So thanks for reading
And I'm still not sorry
The server's been running for nearly 4 years now, I doubt banning one cheater is gonna change that.

So thank you for your opinion, but it's not really an opinion, more like a snark from an ex player.

Jdog418

Lord of Altera
If people didn't like the current admin team, they would've left already. People hate cheaters like you though~

The server's been running for nearly 4 years now, I doubt banning one cheater is gonna change that.

So thank you for your opinion, but it's not really an opinion, more like a snark from an ex player.
Well it still deserves to be under general discussion
Not unban request

Jdog418

Lord of Altera

It's not cheating if I was allowed to use the command

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Whoa... Dude, your entire writing in this post is.. appalling.

We're not going to "thank you for showing us a bug in the system". If you wanted praise and gratitude, you should have reported the bug instead of selfishly using it.
In line with what Naelwyn said- And this, this doesn't deserve to be anywhere.

Goodbye. I kindly request you refrain from continuing in this manner, or I am afraid we will have to remove you from our forums. This is a place for a respectful community, not for people acting like you are.

It's not cheating if I was allowed to use the command
just.. Wow...

I'm going to lock this, this is getting ridiculous...

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Also, bro, I just gotta quote this

Dear Hollow World

My Crime is abuse of a command and I deeply apologize for my actions.
Let me first start with how I found this command. Well first I typed /help and it showed me all the commands then I saw the command /help essentials. And it showed me a few commands including /item. So out of curiosity I typed /item and it said /item [item number] [amount] and so out of curiosity again I typed /item 133 64 and it spawned in my inventory 64 emerald blocks. Then I became greedy and started spawning more and more and more. Then I traded them in for money, I got over 1 million in money. I became greedy and started spawning exp bottles then I enchanted with my exp until I was banned.

I understand what I did was wrong I exploited a Bug in the commands and did not report it. I am sorry, I should of said something to an admin, I should of not abused the command. I know what I say is just words and it will not change what I did, but all I ask is for a second chance. Thank you for reading this and I hope you show me mercy. Thank you and again I am truly sorry.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
The bug, in question, was a result of the vote plugin we were using breaking on transition to 1.7.9, and thus we switched to another one.

The permission node to the command you used was enabled because it was required by the former vote plugin to award people emeralds, and the vote plugin intercepted any calls to the aforementioned command, restricting it.

When we switched vote plugins, having used the former for a long time, it wasn't noted that the node was unrestricted until this came up, after which we promptly fixed it.

I'd like to express my good feelings that nobody else in the community decided to abuse the momentary permissions fault except you.

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
You know the admins should thank me I showed them a bug in there system and I should be thanked not banned. It's your own fault the bug is in the system anyway. Fine clear my inventory and take all my money. I had nothing to start with. But don't ban me for finding a bug and using it for my own self interest. That should be my payment for showing you.
no I'm sorry I got caught.

Why did I not tell? Because I was having fun
In your own words, you didn't tell us or show us anything; you only got caught. You could have found the command, and let us know about it straight away. I guarantee if you had of done, you would have been commended, and thanked. But no; you manipulated the system for your own selfish reasons. Do not for a second try to twist things and think that what you did is justified, or ethically or morally 'right'.

If people find bugs or issues and exploit them, should they be rewarded? If there's an issue with your banks ATM/cash point, and I use that issue to withdraw thousands of dollars that don't belong to me, should I be allowed to keep it for being so clever? If your security isn't good enough and I break into your house and steal your property, should I be allowed to keep it as a trophy to my ingenuity? If your guard isn't good enough, and I walk up and unexpectedly punch you in the face, are you going to pat me on the back and let me keep your teeth to remind me how great I am?

No. Grow up. You did this for you, and you know it. I'm glad you did it though, because we don't want pretentious, conceited people like you around anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.