Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Dear Poster Posters in CR

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
I've been wanting to mention this for awhile. If you want to post something on the crossroad board, actually do it. Otherwise, it's all OOC.

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
some messages are really long and hard to post with signs.
you can just make a message board.

And I do agree with the tone of this thread. Stop being lazy and actually go with your character and post posters, at the very least in Crossroads. Moreover, there are also posts on the forums that say that posters has been posted all over Altera/cities or a city meanwhile it was only done on the forums. I honestly think that it is cheating, especially if you write something illegal. For example, my old character actually went In Character all through Azerport and posted propaganda posters against the leadership, with a chance of being caught and potentially killed.

I will add and say that if it something like a bounty, I wouldn't mind seeing it on a post on the forum, though I will appreciate if the one doing it will at least spread the rumor of the bounty (I hope that I'm not the only one who still uses the rumor book).

Last edited:

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
The only issue is that's a ton of books (ew inks), and lots of emeralds for traveling. I'd be content if both happened! That's my plan, anyway.

Scardrac

Felsummer
Okay. Please stop calling people out on being lazy or inconsiderate. These people took the time to write up the thread in the first place. Canon forum RP is a thing, you know. It isn't necessary to put it on the in-game board. Hell, it's easier to be seen on the forums. You only just now decided to look at it. I know that I never look at it because I already saw it on the forums. It just appeals to a more relaxed read when it's on the forums.

The only thing putting it on the board does is give you quality points.

Edit: I read up, and another valid point is that you can't really do on a MC book what you can on the forums. Long threads, images, etc.

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
Okay. Please stop calling people out on being lazy or inconsiderate. These people took the time to write up the thread in the first place. Canon forum RP is a thing, you know. It isn't necessary to put it on the in-game board. Hell, it's easier to be seen on the forums. You only just now decided to look at it. I know that I never look at it because I already saw it on the forums. It just appeals to a more relaxed read when it's on the forums.

Edit: I read up, and another valid point is that you can't really do on a MC book what you can on the forums. Long threads, images, etc.
I read the message board every time I walk past it (even though right now it has nothing on it). There is nothing wrong in posting it also on the forums, but I do see a problem with doing it only here. It robs from you the chance to discover it IC.
If my character would walk to Crossroads and read a bounty on her friend's head, I would be given a chance to play her discovery, ask around if anyone saw who put it there and maybe even actually taken it down.
Also, if I my character had a bounty on her and she just read about it in the Crossroads inn she might decide that it's too risky to go inside and turn around, and who knows, maybe someone noticed my character reading it and will decide to claim the bounty? This can't happen if my character can know about her bounty without even leaving her house.

SobekRa

Lord of Altera
How about signs with links or references to the forum thread? This way the signs will be actually there, but people can read up the content on the forums in the proper format.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug

Sure sure sure, I can see that. But if people wanna have their little 'poster tear down and put up' wars then I say they should spend the resources on it to make the books and travel to other places. Saying you posted in some town while not actually going to that town is a bit silly to me.

I don't agree with the tone of Scardrac's post, but I agree with the points he made. On the other hand, I understand and like points made by the OP'er. I think some things are appropriate to be only on forums, some appropriate to do both, and some appropriate (maybe?) to only be done in game.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
I read the message board every time I walk past it (even though right now it has nothing on it). There is nothing wrong in posting it also on the forums, but I do see a problem with doing it only here. It robs from you the chance to discover it IC.
If my character would walk to Crossroads and read a bounty on her friend's head, I would be given a chance to play her discovery, ask around if anyone saw who put it there and maybe even actually taken it down.
Also, if I my character had a bounty on her and she just read about it in the Crossroads inn she might decide that it's too risky to go inside and turn around, and who knows, maybe someone noticed my character reading it and will decide to claim the bounty? This can't happen if my character can know about her bounty without even leaving her house.
Messageboards (last I heard) have been buggy and not showing up books on them sometimes.

Scardrac

Felsummer
It's going to end up being choice. Things concerning bounties should tag those involved in the first place so they know what's up (I wasn't even tagged in my own bounty thread). We should still encourage people to post it on the message board. As I said, it adds quality points, so I think it's a good thing to do. But we shouldn't drive people down because they don't.

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Forum rp =/= ingame rp.

Just as you cannot have NPC's act out for you, you can't do actions you ain't done in game.

Spark

Broken
Yes it would be nice to see posters in game, but does it really matter? You can put more detail into a forum thread, with drawings, cool fonts, etc. It's more easily accessible, easier to read. It would be nice to put them in game as well, but it's not really a big enough deal to make a fuss over. There's no "risk" of your character being caught putting posters in the message board.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Yes it would be nice to see posters in game, but does it really matter? You can put more detail into a forum thread, with drawings, cool fonts, etc. It's more easily accessible, easier to read. It would be nice to put them in game as well, but it's not really a big enough deal to make a fuss over. There's no "risk" of your character being caught putting posters in the message board.
Right, but IG people can actually tear them down.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Post books with links, they can be left clicked and will open a link to the thread with the measege.

Boom bap, simple as that

Spark

Broken
Right, but IG people can actually tear them down.
That's a cool feature but I don't see why it makes a difference. People haven't had to put them in the message board in game before and there isn't really any issues. I just don't see why people are being ridiculed for not doing it in game.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
That's a cool feature but I don't see why it makes a difference. People haven't had to put them in the message board in game before and there isn't really any issues. I just don't see why people are being ridiculed for not doing it in game.
Same, there's nothing wrong with posting both. I fully intend to do both, once I figure out how to sign a book Anonymously.