Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

DeltaRay's Application [Accepted - Jinny]

Delta Ray

Legend of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Delta_Ray

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Canada

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when a Character knows information they would otherwise have no way of knowing. Powergaming is when a Character posses power that they would not have at that point and refuse any ill actions against their character,

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jinny.

8. Tell us about yourself!
Have been into roleplaying for over a year now. I mostly enjoy drawing and gaming. When I draw, I tend to draw my own characters to get a visual idea of what they look like. I also enjoy playing the piano as I am self taught. With games, I play mostly sandbox based games or games with otherwise a very loose goal. I love meeting new people and enjoy creating stories with them

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Yup! I'll attach the files.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Nope. Simply found this server whilst browsing.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Kathrine Eversan. (Prefers Kathy for short.)

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Fair skin with green eyes and shoulder length blonde hair. Her bangs hang over the left side of her face to cover burns which run along down her body and left arm. Stands at 5'6" and wears an orange coat over a simple white tunic. Leather boots are worn over the legs of her grey trousers which are held up by a belt. Carries a small pouch around her belt. Her burns have caused blindness in her left eye as well as have weakened her left arm to be nearly unusable. Cannot hold liqure to save her life and may end up being rude to people she meets for the first time, though may not mean it entirely. She tries to act tough but can be easily intimidated by stronger foes.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
download (3).png

Written Test!
Everything about the day seemed to be going as perfectly as possible. Kathrine hummed to herself happily as she went about cleaning her house. For three months, her fiance, Aleksander, had been saving money with her for a small wedding. His studies with enchanting had been paying off as more and more demand for such a skill had sprung up recently. They were both very excited and almost couldn't wait for the day to arrive. Kathrine was about to put a roast in the oven when a hidden door in the wall popped open a small crack. Ever curious, she slowly looked inside to find a staircase leading down into a part of the house unknown to her. She wandered down the stairs carefully and discovered what appeared to be a storage room filled with dusty wine bottles and barrels. Kathrine couldn't believe what she was seeing and was about to see if she could open one of the bottles when she heard the from door open. "Honey? I'm home a bit early? I just need to set my supplies down!" Kathrin hurried up the stairs, tripping on the last one and scraping her ankle. She shut the door as quietly as she could and hurried back to the oven. "Oh! Hello, dear. How was work today?" She winced at she accidentally touched the hot plate of the roast. Aleks slung his bag over the side of a chair and sat down. "Exhausting. So many different orders came in for all sorts of enchantments. I managed to get them all done quickly, though. I wanted to be able to see you again." He smiled warmly at Kathrine which made her giggle. "Well... I hope you're as hungry as you're exhausted. I made your favorite roast." She set the table for dinner and served the food without a word of what she found in the hidden room. Later that night, once Aleks was sound asleep, Kathrine quietly tiptoed down to the hidden room with a small glass in one hand and a candle in the other. She set the candle on a table and went to open one of the bottles. It smelled of strong wine and made her cough. She poured a small amount and took a sip. It tasted of cherries and roses. She swished the wine in her mouth for a moment before swallowing and letting out a content sigh. She looked down at her empty glass, a drunk blush already beginning to form on her face. "Well.... Maybe one more sip wouldn't hurt." She poured herself another glass and downed it in one fell swoop. She set her glass down hard with a giggle and poured more. Before she knew it, she had finished the whole bottle. She giggled like a child and let out a high pitched hiccup. "Aww.... I want m-hic-more though..." Kathrine got up and began stumbling around, looking for more bottles. She found a large bottle on wine and picked it off the shelf, not noticing she hit the nozzle of a barrel as she did. Alcohol began slowly pouring from the barrel as Kathrine went back to the table. She looked at the empty glass and laughed before putting the whole bottle to her lips instead. Within an instant, the bottle smashed against the floor as Kathrine passed out cold. Her arm hit the candle on the way down and knocked it off the table. It slowly rolled towards the small pool pouring from the barrel until the flame made contact. In an instant, the fire trailed up to the barrel and had it burst into flames. Cinders flew and started a chain reaction, setting of more and more barrels until the whole room was ablaze. Aleks woke up to the smell of smoke and rushed looked over his bed to see flames flickering from the other side of the bedroom door. He yelped and ran for the window, smashing through the glass. Only once he landed did he realize Kathrine was missing. He wasted no time and rushed back inside, screaming in pain from the heat. He desperately called out for Kathrine, only for the roars of the flames to respond. He turned to leave, hoping she had already gotten out, when the roof crumbled and collapsed on him, crushing him to death. The flames burned through the night and into the morning until there was nothing but ash left. It would have been left undiscovered had a farmer not been taking the trail that ran alongside it. He saw it was freshly burnt and went into town to gather help. Townspeople began removing the rubble until they found the charred corpse of Aleks. They hung their heads in sorrow and would have taken the body to be buried had one of them not found the hole that had once been the secret entrance. They dug down until they reached the smoldering remains of the wine cellar. It all seemed empty when suddenly, a soft cry sounded from under the burnt table. The townspeople quickly moved the charcoals off and found a woman with burns running down her body. She cried in pain as they moved her away and carried her to the nearest doctor...

Attachments

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Hey! Sorry sometimes certain aspects of stories can make it hard for me to immediately have an answer to an application. Looking through your application I notice some aspects of magic.

"It seems to have some magic in it- they'd have to understand blood magic with enchanting doesn't do anything magical in turn." - Solus

So I was hoping it wouldn't be too much trouble to perhaps have something else happen? The overall reasoning for her burns don't seem bad, it's more so we try to avoid new players from having crazy appearances or having bouts with magic. As magic is incredibly rare. Though it isn't your character that would be using the magic, so if you're set on that story I'll have to check in with my superior. If you have any questions or concerns message me or one of the staff members about the magical aspect of your story. Thank you!

Delta Ray

Legend of Altera
Thank you for getting back to me. As of now, I am pretty set on the story, as my main character never used magic. If need be, I can alter her backstory during roleplay so that instead of blood magic, she found a hidden wine stash which could also have led to the fire.

If this isn't acceptable, then I will change the story.

Again, thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Okay! having looked back into the whitelist requirements, it's best you don't even mention magic in your story. It just works out in the end better. If you have questions don't be afraid to message me!

Delta Ray

Legend of Altera
Alrighty. Redid the second half of the story and removed any ties to blood magic. Hope this is good enough.

Thanks again!

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.