Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Diesel_TM's Whitelist App: [Declined - Dee]

Pilot™

Villager

Minecraft Username:
Diesel_TM

Country & Timezone:
CLST

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?:
Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?:
Metagaming: The use of OOC resources/information during a IC scenario.
Powergaming: When an action goes above and beyond the limits of one's characters or the scenario's reality.

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?:
No

Tell us about yourself!:
I'm a pretty chill dude. Johnny Silverhand is my spirit animal.

Character Name:
Vann Richthofen

Race:
Half-Spawn

Appearance:
The figure of Vann moved throughout the vicinity in nearly perfect symmetry. On their right hand, the hilt of a Zweihander resides steadily, its massive 6’1 blade leaning against his shoulder as the plates of his armor clunk against each faintly as small body motions were made. Vann presented sharp and well-defined humanoid facial features followed by gleaming blonde hair and a singular golden eye that reflected a somewhat sharp look, the other side of the coin of course, lacked signs of life in the form of a scar. Over the twenty-five-year-old's right shoulder, a crimson half-cloak would hide any other armaments from the eye of the beholder.

Written Test (Min: 400 words):
Here's a snip from an old one. . .

Massive displays of force make the walls of Himmelsrand shake. With a screech of tortured glass, a mounted figure falls through the glass dome, crashing into the marble floor. The ground shatters into a million pieces. Splinters of stone flash across the hall like shrapnel. There, standing tall, resided the figure of *Redacted*, mounted on a Griffin. From his seat the Sterkite watches his warriors mill around in confusion. The walls and streets hold thousands of men, seasoned veterans, and all now panicking. He knows they are more frightened by his silence than by the enemy. They look to him for leadership and he can give them none. For the first time, the Sterkite knows despair. The magnitude of this defeat stuns him. Some of Himmelsrand’s greatest allies have fallen. *Redacted* is under the void's heel and the fallen surround what remains of the walls. Himmelsrand is falling.

"Sire, what are your orders?" asks *Redacted*, Second in command of the Goldhunde Landsknechts and Vann’s apprentice. Embraced by the gold and dark *Redacted* plates she stands tall on top of the mighty Griffin, yet their armors now without lustre, dented in a dozen places and soaked in both friend and foe’s blood. The Sterkite doesn't answer. The moment he has always dreaded has arrived. Is my time over, he wonders. Is this where it all ends? Is this where I die? Even now, with the fallen Kapitänin's forces battering at the gate, he finds it difficult to believe that he has been betrayed.

"Richthofen, what are your orders?" asks *Redacted*, General and King of the Vaedrian people. He stares at the Sterkite, yet once more he does not reply. So much will be lost. The grand library is in flames, history erased. The time of re-building is over.

"Sire, what are your orders?" asks *Redacted*. He gazes at the Sterkite yet no answer follows. The Sterkite knows they rely on him for guidance. They think he can lead them out of this trap. They are wrong. The Fallen Kapitänin was laying siege to the place that she once called home. Schooled by a century of warfare. There will be only war.

The Sterkite takes a stand and looks down on the faces of his allies, sees the trust written there, and feels the weight of responsibility. His singular eye now crawls towards the entire war machine spreaded out beneath him, and the pitifully outnumbered forces of Himmelsrand being mown down by the fallen hordes. "What are your orders, Sire?" The feminine figure on top of the Giffin asks again.

“Comrades! - This is the moment of truth. you will not fear. You will not falter. You will not give a single step to the enemy. Although the golden throne of terror watches over the horizon, the Maiden’s hand is on your shoulders today. For every one of us who falls, ten more will take his place. Only in death does duty end. It is as she wills. Forward to victory, and for the glory of our future. . . No fear! - No hesitation!”

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Hello! Sorry for the late reply, classes started up again this week. Application looks good, there are some minor things I wanted to bring up however.
  • The "redacted" sections on your written test--I assume that the sample is taken from somewhere and those are other player characters?
  • There are some conflicts with the current server lore, and ideally the test is intended to match that. It isn't so egregious as to require a ground-up redo, but some small things like Griffin-riding or what appear to be major locations would need a tweak.
Let me know if I can help with anything!

Pilot™

Villager
You got the redacted part correct however regardless of the small snip itself, I thought it just had to be a little something that shows one's writing and that, not a story directly related to server lore and yadda yadda, of course, if needed I can come up with another one I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sergeant Freedom

Lord of Altera
Sergeant_Freedom
Sergeant_Freedom
Legend
It's preferred that the story has elements of the server within, to show that you know the lore or at least some of it :)

It is not required to be though

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Just checking in, in case you were waiting on a response from me specifically! Part of my confusion comes from the use of "half-spawn" as the race, which is in-line with the lore. I assume that means that you'll be playing that character, or that the story is suited to that character--but in that case the story in the test would not align as a proper character backstory, if that makes sense. If possible, I would prefer you write up another one that acclimates to the server setting better.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Hello again Pilot™! I'm going to have to decline the application for inactivity, but you are free to reapply. Let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to tag me on the Discord if needed. Should the previous critiques of the whitelist be met, I'll happily accept the next one.