Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Discussion of Our Current Spawn

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
Time consuming as it may be, the construction of a new spawn, to me, seems quite feasible. There are many good builders on the server, some of whom are staff themselves (solus Tempy_ ). A project of such a grand scale would surely bring us together more. I recall when the second incarnation of Port Silver was being constructed in 2012, players could donate materials and be paid for their contributions, and even build a few edifices hither and thither. Surely, this would be a much needed boost to our "economy". I understand that our staff members entertain a delicately balanced schedule and thus may find it difficult to find adequate time for such an undertaking. But, as I perceive it, it is one that is necessary for the sake of the server.

In response to this, and being tagged (ey frostie boy my man), I fully agree with the points made above, and won't repeat them as that's already been done several times, my opinion would just be Mitch's/Rygan's/Frost's/Deester's/Lirra's opinion in a different type of wording. However, I personally would /love/ a new major hub town to be build, like Frost suggested. Involve the players as much as you can. Hell, perhaps even hire IC architects, construction builders and whatnot, make it big, make it something everyone can join either OOC'ly, by donating and whatnot, or IC'ly, through hiring and designing and lord knows what else. Demolish the Crossroads in an event for all I care, or have something big attack all of Altera making everyone come together and go "we need to make something big and good to fight off" and thus the city was born. I dunno, plenty of possibilities.

(Edit: Sniped by Elz and TheDeester )

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I was not around for Port Silver before it got ruined.
Yet I honestly find myself wishing I could've experienced it. It looks incredibly fun when I roam the ruins, and its a real shame nothings being done with it even now. Sad times.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Brings up the topic of something being done with Port Silver, too. Its been there for an awfully long time, and as far as I know, we can't really... Do much with it. I know there was something said about clearing the corruption, but Im unclear. :c

Personally I'd remove the crossroads area entirely, through an event of some sort. Make IC reasons for it no longer being a hub, and then relocate to a new place.
Someone could always try. There was talk of doing it once, but no IC attempts have been made to clear the old corruption as far as I know.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Someone could always try. There was talk of doing it once, but no IC attempts have been made to clear the old corruption as far as I know.
There was a staff system "devised" from what I was told, but it was never shown to me despite asking. Lannis mentioned removing it by hand due to region perming. Which is almost worse than nothing happening, honestly.

Most IC attempts, including the Anhald campaign under Charles were met with turgidity from the Sally team on the topic, as far as I understand. That can be even more discouraging.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I hate Port Silver and I hope to the Gods of Altera that it never gets repaired because I still remember the days I had to camp in that hell hole to stop people slaughtering newcomers that didn't know any better. I refuse to do that again if this city stands again, I'll be avoiding it like Jishrim's plague.

But if that doesn't matter anymore I'd prefer we remove the Port Silver region and make people reclaim and repair it with despairing amounts of effort, like the work I've put into my Cove. It's 1001 plots, so should take a decent amount of work to fix it.
First message in response to my attempt.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
^ Uncalled for quote that does not reflect what was indeed devised and planned by the Event and Lore Coordinators at the time.

I will say we did try to sort out what to do with spawn in the back-end of things. I'm thinking- but keep up your discussions.

Edit: I will add- less shitposting and out-of-discussion quotes will catch our attention more. Keep it civil.

FrostGuardian

Lord of Altera
Legend
FrostGuardian
FrostGuardian
Legend
Prisoner: Rose.
Punishment: Third tier Shalherana punishment of the third degree. As one victim was unavailable, and another incapable of choosing, Nwalme chose for her to combat a bear. Scardrac tracked one down over the course of an hour. Nwalme, Drachen and Scardrac then watched as the bear made short work of her.
You can't do this in the Crossroads. Wake up Altera.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
There was a staff system "devised" from what I was told, but it was never shown to me despite asking. Lannis mentioned removing it by hand due to region perming. Which is almost worse than nothing happening, honestly.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
We were talking about it over Skype, so I'mm ajust copy paste that snippet. It pretty much repeats parts of your post, but essentially I fully agree with you.
I'm a little concerned on the lack of new players actually staying, and I think its allll about 'first impressions'.

"What do you think of Spawn"
It's been there for too long, we need a change of scenery, and something bigger/more in depth might attract newbies more. Have warp points on bigger docks to go to 2(or more) warp highlights so people dont get isolated at spawn and dont need to hunt for IC reasons to go to active RP hubs. (Newbies will not have IC reasons)
Can make spawn more of a town in itself. Would be interesting.
In opinion, something too big could overwhelm me, and make me feel un-welcomed, and new to the community. It would't drive me away but it would make me feel harder to settle down in. (Speaking as if i were a freshie_

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
^ Uncalled for quote that does not reflect what was indeed devised and planned by the Event and Lore Coordinators at the time.

I will say we did try to sort out what to do with spawn in the back-end of things. I'm thinking- but keep up your discussions.
That was the first gained response during an appeal to see the region mended, I believe.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Edit: I will add- less shitposting and out-of-discussion quotes will catch our attention more. Keep it civil.
She was a staff member at the time, and that was her response as a staff member. From there staff did not contact me for multiple weeks until I eventually gave up. I've caught your attention multiple times and nothing's even slightly changed. You cannot expect civility from me while continuing to respond to threads in a condescending manner, disregarding any real points made.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I have many feelings, especially driven by my experience running an RP server, but my poor phone wouldn't be able to handle it. I'll edit this post once I finally get done after my 10 hour work day.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Glados Nikolaos Heie Ali This looks like a job for the Hospies. Too bad most of us are dead or injured. Boo.
Similar project was discussed, on the old temple in the jungle. Boiled down to no one knew a safe place to put the corruption after digging it up, that and the logistics of moving it from there. No one would want it dumped in there region, water elemental doesn't want it in his ocean, and nether is dangerous.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
I'd post something but it's been majorly said by Rygan/Deester/Frost/Mitchh/Lirakitty.

I'll simply say this. You all got stuck having me here because Sophe showed me Port Silver over Skype while I was talking to her. I was, as Mitchh would say, BTFO by it's beauty and amazing designs. I wanted to explore it, it gave me a rush that there was something hidden there. Something I needed to see. The way it was a great battle area for the Corruption was intense. The fact you had so much stuff to explore there and then outside of it really complimented the server. I loved everything about it and I loved exploring all of it's nooks and crannies. It's still one of my favorite times on the server, even though it was short lived.

Nothing else has measured up to that point for me. Nothing.