Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Dishonored 2 Hypo

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic

"Dishonored 2 takes place in Karnaca, a city located on the continent of Serkonos to the south of the original game's setting of Dunwall. Karnaca is notable for being the birthplace of Corvo, as well as the source of "corrupted" Bone Charms--passive upgrade items with both positive and negative effects also introduced in The Knife of Dunwall DLC pack. In a change from the city of Dunwall, Karnaca features what appears to be a greater blend of both urban and natural environments, including brighter, warmer locales. Technology appears to have advanced, too, with Emily seen fighting robotic enemies" (Gamespot.com).

Who else is looking forward to the release of this game? From what I've heard, it will be released in Spring, 2016 (which is going to feel like a long time) but I am still very happy to receive official information about the game. I think the main thing I am pleased about here is the assurance that the graphics will be more than a step up from the original game. So, who else is excited for this?

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
I couldnt finish the first game.

But this world is like something straight outta my brain.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
My hype cannot be quantified. One of my favorite games, though I've never been able to figure out why.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
My hype cannot be quantified. One of my favorite games, though I've never been able to figure out why.
I know all about that, I've logged about 135 hours of the game even though it has a limited amount of content to play through. I just couldn't get enough of it.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
HYPE HYPE HYPE. I have seriously considered dropping money on ebay to buy one of the emily figurines given out at E3. I cannot contain the hype I have for this freaking game.

Goldtalon101

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Goldtalon101
Goldtalon101
Mystic
I think everyone needs to prepare themselves to be either disappointed or pleasantly surprised. I personally am not expecting much from Dishonored 2 as to me the first game was a bit of a let down. Here's why:

1) Combat, Bethesda has always struggled with first person combat and admittedly there isn't much they can change to improve it. This may seem like a poor reason to dislike the game but in the end its one of the biggest components of the game is you decide to play that way
2) The art style: Now a lot of people say they really enjoy the art style but to me it looks very under polished. The textures seem very jagged and edgy and there isn't enough creativity in the landscapes.
3) The Super Natural Abilities: To me these absolutely ruined the game entirely. Not only can they easily be abused but they serve little to no purpose to the actual story of the game. You are told by the The Outsider that other people experience these gifts but you rarely if at all see it. At the end you are finally faced with people who can use the "blink" ability but that's about it.

Now, if dishonored 2 is able to do the following things then it will be a good game in my eyes.

1) NERVE THE ABILITIES: Look, we all enjoy playing the super overpowered character in these video games who gets to stomp on all the enemies. But that's why we have games like Prototype. Dishonored tries to be a very serious game but sort of fails in this respect because of the highly overpowered supernatural abilities. If the sequel is able to tone down these abilities or apply significant de-buffs to them then the game will be very enjoyable.
2) Fix the graphics: Now I understand that to many people the graphics are not everything. But games such as Borderlands pull of "bad" graphics perfectly. If Bethesda are able to really refine the art style and fix up the "sloppy" aspects then it'll look amazing
3) Harder difficulty: Now I know a lot of people will not agree with this but this is my opinion. Playing through the game on the hardest difficulty and trying to not kill anybody, take damage or get spotted was one of the most enjoyable parts of playing dishonored 1 (really the only enjoyable part in my eyes). Playing through the game in any other way just led to repeated levels where you simply "blink" to one enemy, throw some grenades or use your supernatural abilities to kill the rest. If Bethesda can ramp up the difficulty a bit then it would be a much greater game

The simple fact is even if Bethesda keeps the game exactly the same many people will still enjoy it. But trying to follow Fallout 4 is going to be very difficult so they need to step it up.

ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY REMASTERED DISHONORED 1 INSTEAD OF FALLOUT 3. ARRGH!

*Cough* Um sorry....don't know where that come from xP

RexJen

Lord of Altera
I think everyone needs to prepare themselves to be either disappointed or pleasantly surprised. I personally am not expecting much from Dishonored 2 as to me the first game was a bit of a let down. Here's why:

1) Combat, Bethesda has always struggled with first person combat and admittedly there isn't much they can change to improve it. This may seem like a poor reason to dislike the game but in the end its one of the biggest components of the game is you decide to play that way
2) The art style: Now a lot of people say they really enjoy the art style but to me it looks very under polished. The textures seem very jagged and edgy and there isn't enough creativity in the landscapes.
3) The Super Natural Abilities: To me these absolutely ruined the game entirely. Not only can they easily be abused but they serve little to no purpose to the actual story of the game. You are told by the The Outsider that other people experience these gifts but you rarely if at all see it. At the end you are finally faced with people who can use the "blink" ability but that's about it.

Now, if dishonored 2 is able to do the following things then it will be a good game in my eyes.

1) NERVE THE ABILITIES: Look, we all enjoy playing the super overpowered character in these video games who gets to stomp on all the enemies. But that's why we have games like Prototype. Dishonored tries to be a very serious game but sort of fails in this respect because of the highly overpowered supernatural abilities. If the sequel is able to tone down these abilities or apply significant de-buffs to them then the game will be very enjoyable.
2) Fix the graphics: Now I understand that to many people the graphics are not everything. But games such as Borderlands pull of "bad" graphics perfectly. If Bethesda are able to really refine the art style and fix up the "sloppy" aspects then it'll look amazing
3) Harder difficulty: Now I know a lot of people will not agree with this but this is my opinion. Playing through the game on the hardest difficulty and trying to not kill anybody, take damage or get spotted was one of the most enjoyable parts of playing dishonored 1 (really the only enjoyable part in my eyes). Playing through the game in any other way just led to repeated levels where you simply "blink" to one enemy, throw some grenades or use your supernatural abilities to kill the rest. If Bethesda can ramp up the difficulty a bit then it would be a much greater game

The simple fact is even if Bethesda keeps the game exactly the same many people will still enjoy it. But trying to follow Fallout 4 is going to be very difficult so they need to step it up.

I found the supernatural abilities made the game playable, I know that without Dark Vision and Blink I would have died so many times and given up on the game. I have not even touched the highest difficulty and found the combat to be both responsive and extremely fun

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her

Personally I did a Clean Hands, Mostly Flesh and Steel, and Ghost playthrough, so I had plenty of difficulty my side. The difficulty is in how you play, but I do feel like a combat oriented playthrough should have been more difficult in a way that didn't penalize stealth players (and should have had a reliable non-lethal combat form beyond darts), but still make it challenging if somebody goes in guns blazing. Last game felt more like a "self imposed" difficulty and stealth game, not a hybrid like it tried to hard to be. While the artstyle from the last game was very rough and "bad" like borderlands did due to the location and tone, it tried to go for a borderlands theme without the humor, which kind of ruined it for some people I guess. From what the developers have said and what we know from the trailer I expect a different artstyle, less dark and gritty, probably more clean, to fit the urban environments. Finally about abilities, that was ultimately decided by the player, difficulty was decided by what you took (kind of like dark souls and ranged combat) so yea it would be best to nerf them. I THINK it would be awesome to have corvo be a aggressive combat oriented character with his "OP" combat abilities from last game, while fighting more powerful and challenging enemies. (since ya know, that is his character, he's less an assassin and more a walking whirlwind of death), while emily will have more stealth focused abilities that lead to her being less powerful in open combat (while still being perfectly viable in small fights of course). Of course this part is speculation (mostly based off developer comments and hints when talking about their "fashions"), but I feel that would be the best way of doing it, since it could lead to an interesting gameplay and story driven dynamic.

Edit:
There was a huge, fanatic, analysis here about differences in playstyle and such based off developer hints and the trailer hints. It's gone now for being to long winded. Apologizes, I almost went on a essay long post.

Goldtalon101

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Goldtalon101
Goldtalon101
Mystic
Personally I did a Clean Hands, Mostly Flesh and Steel, and Ghost playthrough, so I had plenty of difficulty my side. The difficulty is in how you play, but I do feel like a combat oriented playthrough should have been more difficult in a way that didn't penalize stealth players (and should have had a reliable non-lethal combat form beyond darts), but still make it challenging if somebody goes in guns blazing. Last game felt more like a "self imposed" difficulty and stealth game, not a hybrid like it tried to hard to be. While the artstyle from the last game was very rough and "bad" like borderlands did due to the location and tone, it tried to go for a borderlands theme without the humor, which kind of ruined it for some people I guess. From what the developers have said and what we know from the trailer I expect a different artstyle, less dark and gritty, probably more clean, to fit the urban environments. Finally about abilities, that was ultimately decided by the player, difficulty was decided by what you took (kind of like dark souls and ranged combat) so yea it would be best to nerf them. I THINK it would be awesome to have corvo be a aggressive combat oriented character with his "OP" combat abilities from last game, while fighting more powerful and challenging enemies. (since ya know, that is his character, he's less an assassin and more a walking whirlwind of death), while emily will have more stealth focused abilities that lead to her being less powerful in open combat (while still being perfectly viable in small fights of course). Of course this part is speculation (mostly based off developer comments and hints when talking about their "fashions"), but I feel that would be the best way of doing it, since it could lead to an interesting gameplay and story driven dynamic.

Edit:
There was a huge, fanatic, analysis here about differences in playstyle and such based off developer hints and the trailer hints. It's gone now for being to long winded. Apologizes, I almost went on a essay long post.
Not only have they basically ripped off the powers from The Darkness with Emily but they totally stole the grapple hook from Darksiders 2. For shame Dishonored

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Not only have they basically ripped off the powers from The Darkness with Emily but they totally stole the grapple hook from Darksiders 2. For shame Dishonored
Don't mind. More fun for me! :D

One thing I forgot to mention. Emily's abilities will not be the same as Corvo's, and their abilities won't always overlap, which could be a answer to your concerns.~

Goldtalon101

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Goldtalon101
Goldtalon101
Mystic
Don't mind. More fun for me! :D

One thing I forgot to mention. Emily's abilities will not be the same as Corvo's, and their abilities won't always overlap, which could be a answer to your concerns.~
So not double overpowered then xD thats a relief

Sos

Lord of Altera
daym... what is it with this year and good games coming out... its as if they want my money or something..

Spark

Broken
Dishonored is like the little present you get right after the big one. I'll probably torrent it tbh. Fallout has my attention. Although Dishonored is pretty cool.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Dishonored is like the little present you get right after the big one. I'll probably torrent it tbh. Fallout has my attention. Although Dishonored is pretty cool.
Why. Why would you pirate something that is the child of a masterpiece? :( at least give it a chance to be worth your money. It supports future games by Bethesda by feeding their employees :heart:.

Spark

Broken
Why. Why would you pirate something that is the child of a masterpiece? :( at least give it a chance to be worth your money. It supports future games by Bethesda by feeding their employees :heart:.
Because I completed dishonored in a day. It wasn't worth the price of a AAA game. The content was, but not the length.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
i take my time when playing games, i'm in no rush.
what takes you 45 minutes to speed run, takes me 24 hours of taking my sweet ass time.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I thought the first Dishonored was A-okay. Nothing to write home about, still pretty cool. Should be interesting to see the new one and it's story.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I for one and far more hyped for this than Fallout 4. Gonna get both and enjoy the hell out of both but if I had to pick one over the other it would be Dishonored. This is what I was waiting for. :D

Also if you want to complain about difficulty go ghost, clean hands on highest difficulty and you'll have plenty or if it. If you hate yourself and folks are PC master race they made a wonderful mod for the first one in which enemy AI got a MASSIVE boost and proceeded to destroy you.