Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Doctor Who greatest scenes & quotes

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
I know there's a Doctor Who thread currently active, but it seems to be more for discussing the present series, and what's coming up, rather than what already has happened, so I made this thread :p

Warning: possible spoilers below for some of you
A couple of quotes from the two greatest episodes I've seen as of yet:

"Don't drink the water. Don't even touch it. Not one drop." -Adelaide Brooke, in The Waters of Mars

Just chilling...

"Are you my mommy?" -the child, in The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances double episode

And now for a great scene, if I find a video, I'll post it later, but right now I'm using a horrible, soundless laptop, so as of right now, a description of the greatest scene in "The Waters of Mars":

While the Doctor and Adelaide Brooke are inspecting the glacier field to date the water virus infection, the Doctor knows why Adelaide was inspired to do what she came to do and work at Bowie Base 1. After he sets her up, she says, "I saw the Daleks." A flashback then comes, of her being taken into the attic of her house by her father, when she was a little girl. She describes fire and screaming people running in the street. Her father tells her that he is going to find her mother, and promises her he will be back. Adelaide says that she never did see her father again, nor her mother. But then, she turned and looked out the window, and there it was, hovering in front of the window: a Dalek. She describes how she looked at it, and it looked into her. And then, without trying to say anything (the lights on its dome do not flash), it simply turns around and flies off. The Doctor theorizes that the reason the Dalek spared her is because it knew that her death was fixed in time. The interesting part of the scene ends with the Doctor saying that the thing that is amazing about Adelaide is that when she grew up, she followed the Dalek. But she didn't follow it for revenge, but for discovery.

Now, enough about "The Waters of Mars". Post some other great quotes or links to great scenes, or if there isn't a video, simply a description will do.

Edit: Oh, how stupid of me, how can I possibly forget, the classic Dalek punchline:
"EX-TER-MI-NATE" Over-emphasized? Nope. Can't over-emphasize that.

Alexantria

Lord of Altera
"Remember, Always bring a banana to a party!" -The 10th Doctor, from "The girl in the fireplace"
(Not sure if I got this 100% :/)

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Bad wolf

Also, can't find a video of the first scene, but the episode it's from is great, here's the trailer, it's a bit creepy though :p:

Oh yeah, that reminds me, that's another great quote from that one: "Water always wins."

Backstay

Lord of Altera
Countess Scarlioni: "Oh, Doctor, I'm quite convinced you're perfectly mad."
The Doctor: "Only at my worst. Nobody's perfect."

The Doctor: "You're a beautiful woman, probably."

The Doctor: "You can't rule the world in hiding. You've got to come out on the balcony sometimes and wave a tentacle."

The Doctor: "Wait a minute, I know you. You're Chamberlain."
Chamberlain: "Yes, that's right, sir."
The Doctor: "I don't like you."

Just a couple of good ones I felt like sharing

W

wakerman4

"What are you doing, doctor? This is no time for games!"
Thats what my old teacher used to say, zogroth. When we were young time lords, we used to throw paper space ships at each other!

-4th doctor, The Iron Legend, Graphic Novel

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Your life could depend on this. Don't blink. Don't even blink; blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you could believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Flowster12345

Lord of Altera
Has nobody seriously taken timey wimey? Well, it's mine.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff."