Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Downtime tonight explained!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
This is a news bulletin about some of the happenings a the data center where we are hosted. This explained the downtime we are experiencing tonight.

Please accept this as notification of scheduled maintenance in line with company growth and expansion of our core infrastructure located at Saxon House, Cheltenham.
The following core-router upgrades are planned:

- Upgrade of the Supervisor PFC from 3B to 3BXL.
- Centralized Forwarding Cards (CFCs) to be replaced with Distributed Forwarding Cards (DFCs).

This will be bring a number of key benefits including:

- Increased packet throughput on all line cards fitted with DFCs. The DFC upgrade allows for the Forwarding Information Base (FIB ) table to be replicated to the local card without the need to query the Supervisor on the router decision. This significantly increases overall throughput allowing for line rate performance from every port.

- Enhanced Netflow support. The PFC upgrade increases the amount of Netflow entries held within TCAM that can be exported. This provides us with increased visibility of the network in order to protect customers from attacks, as well as dealing with local compromised devices.

- Additional services such as BGP used to scale the network can be offered to customers locally at Cheltenham.

Maintenance window Start Date 28 April 2012 Upgrade Start Time 20:00

Maintenance window End Date 29 April 2012 Outage End Time 06:00

Description of upgrades: loss of service up to 30 minutes at a time, whilst the cards reboot.

"During the 10 hour maintenance window Customer services will be subject to up to 3 x 30 minute outages whilst the network cards recover"

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Apparently so. I suppose for us sunday is the best day as people are usually getting early nights or busy getting things ready for monday morning so we don't have too many online. I think there was only one major down time of about 20 minutes out of the 3 x 30 minutes that was predicted so not too bad.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Good excuse for one of us to open up our own server and let everybody go wild on it doing whatever they want for an evening :p

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Maintenance window End Date 29 April 2012 Outage End Time 06:00

06:00, forgive me if i'm wrong but isnt that 6am? aka its over now?

Status
Not open for further replies.