Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Dungeons - Avery T(hea).

Avery Thomas

Sorrows Warrior
Hi, I thought that Dungeons could add another way to get loot, another RP aspect (banding together to take on the challenges), and just plain fun!

Minecraft Username: Thea_Paronell

Name of Project: Misery, Loathe, (Other names to come once other dungeons are completed)

Location of Project: (Either screenshots, a link to the map or coords)Ihavebeenchosen.png

Size of the project: (The more exact you are the more likely it is you will be granted permission) About 30x30, each of them are underground and twist around, so no exact size.

Intention of the project: (Is it a fortress, a keep, a castle, a maze, a dungeon etc etc. DO NOT! apply for ahouse, as builds will be public.) It's a dungeon, and it would add a new-ish way to get more valuable items.

Reason for inability to claim plots personally: (Why is it unrealistic to claim yourselves?) Towny prevents the use of chest's if you aren't a resident. EDIT: After seeing builds will be public, i'm assuming that chests will be open-able. I could claim the plot personally, I just need it to be public/admin help with the items involved.

Residents: (Who will live there after its completion?) Nobody will live there.

Builders: (Who will help build the project?) Thea_Paronell only, but for later dungeons any suggestions/help is appreciated

Why is this a good addition to HollowWorld? (I want a full reason, not "It will look good"). If these are added, it would add a new way to get valuable items, the RP aspect of people banding together to face the challenges within is good, and overall it would be fun.

Used materials: Spawners, chests, stairs, lava, water, ladders, cobwebs, half step's. (Should be it, but if I make any last minute changes, i will edit.)

Inspiration: After reading the prison thread, the idea that the person could break out but there would be challenges(a guard or some dogs guarding the exit), it reminded me of this.

RP explanation/introduction: (I expect a nice, well thought out full length paragraph. I will litterally decline it for solely a bad RP section. Make it nice. If you arent the best story teller dont worry, as long as you made it obvious you put effort in, ill most likely grant it. Also feel free to ask me Lars or Fitz or any of the rolemasters for help) It has been said that followers of Kilrox have always been great in battle and pillaging. After every battle/war, they would loot the corpses, take things from the houses/castle's, and then burn what remains (and then salvage the valuables of what is left of that). The followers made shrines to Kilrox, thanking them for great (Marksmanship, swordplay, etc) success in battle. They would put some of the loot on their altars and then burn it, but the main reason for these places was to store the goodies.
XX CATACLYSM XX.
Queen Grief came to power, and the Kings/Queens just barely defeated her. Atop Galo Gulch, they brought life and prosperity to this land once more, leaving the ripple in the sky to finally close, with the sun rising again. These shrines to Kilrox (Only relating to him right now) were hunted down and destroyed, but some were never found. Forgotten completely, they began to crumple from within, leaving monsters to invade,the wind to attack the outside, and lava to fill the inside.
XX REAPPEARANCE XX
Hundred's of years passed, and the state of the shrines only became worse, but the treasures within became steadily more valuable. Thea Paronell, A Nature-loving Vieran archer, and Sir Bellon the wise, wizard of Aurolus, after going hunting in the wilderness for many a hour, have found an old ruin. Cobwebs almost completely cover the entrance, and upon the top of the gateway is the sigil of Kilrox, an upward facing sword covered in blood. Next to it are a pair of runes in Old Tongue, bearing the questionable name, Misery.

Planning: (If youve got any screenshots/sketches/proof of concepts, please put them here) A fair amount of screenshots will be below, as I will only be talking about the finished products. All my buildings go on singleplayer( Incase i ever need to give screenshots or videos of them later)

Links to previous work: (This can be either on hollowworld or other places. This is important, i expect some links.) (Will be fairly dark, as lit with only redstone torches for an ominous mood.) ( I will also only be displaying Misery's pictures for now.) EDIT: Will add screenshot's in the afternoon, minecraft won't turn on.
Entrance: http://imgur.com/cVGLs
Starting of the dungeon:2011-10-11_19.17.08.png
Maze filled with redstone torches and zombie spawners:2011-10-11_19.17.24.png
First challenge: Lava drop:2011-10-11_19.37.27.png
Second challenge: Lava maze:2011-10-11_19.38.13.png
2011-10-11_19.38.52.png
Third challenge: Spider maze:2011-10-11_19.39.38.png
Rest stop:2011-10-11_19.39.25.png
One of the random hidden chests:2011-10-11_19.41.50.png
Fourth challenge: Creeper maze: http://imgur.com/sYX9t
Fifth challenge: Lava Jump:2011-10-11_19.42.49.png

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Ehh, we already have dugeons in the works, and 30 x 30 is only 4 total plots.
If two of you build it, then you wouldnt have to buy any plots at all.