Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Earthspawn Mysticism [proposal]

Frankieba5

Lord of Altera
Introduction
Earthspawn, although being a relatively new race, have developed deep rooted beliefs that they are more than just a creation of the Greylings. They believe much for than the simplicity of there life would seem to show. And, arguably, are more religious (in there own way) than all of the church priests and ministers combined. Earthspawn believe that true religious glory lies in fighting those who appose Murkztob, the only true god.​
God
Murkztob The God Of Earthspawn
God of brutality, strength, toughness, and warrior spiritism!​
Symbol: A bleeding axe​
Colours: Blood red and Obsidian Black​
Moto: <Earkz'ian: Our enemies bathe in fear, it makes a home in their hearts>​
--------------------​
Murkztob, or Murkz for short, is portrayed as a brute warlord. He has little care for mortals and all he cares for are Earthspawn. At the end of ones life Earthspawn believe they will sit in front of Murkz golden throne, they shall only enter heaven, or Gwamith, if they have saved at least one Earthspawn in their life, died in the name of Murkz, and killed at least one non-Earthspawn. The more you kill and save, the lower into into Gwamith you go (Gwamith is in the ground.) According to myth, Murkz can kill thousands of men at a time wielding only an axe.​
What murkz might look like in battle
Gwamith
According to Earthspawn myths, if you get into Gwamith you have possibly the best life ever. There are hundreds of women at your leisure, meat and other foods as far as the eye can see, and true warrior games to entertain and to excite. It is said that if you get into Gwamith you can get reborn as a prince, or even a Dera'Ko! However, those who don't get in are said to get reborn: as a human. According to Earthspawn myth, Gwamith is actually on Earth. When you die a shaman will guide your spirit on a perilous journey through many lands until you reach a gate, if you get approved, you then re-unite with your body in Gwamith​
What a shaman might look like.
Myths and Legends
According to Earthspawn myths, Murkz was once a mortal. He fought perilously in early Altera and overtook it all and united the Earthspawn. They all bowed to him and accepted him as their supreme ruler. He developed weapons, tactics, and cultural elements. Sure enough all of Altera was accepting him as a ruler. That is until a Greyling prince snuck poison from the bleeding rose into his drink and claimed Murkz throne as his own. The greyling then took all of the Earthspawn and grinded them up into a muddy mixture and keep them dormant for many years to come. All the while Murkz was planning to revive the race and bring back glory to the Earthspawn. He did this by sending a Greyling down to become prince and to demand that the Earthspawn get resurrected, he told them false information saying they would serve the Greylings. During the resurrections Murkz sent his previously best general, Grok, to join with the resurrected Earthspawn and fight against the Greylings. After a fierce war the Greylings population dwindled and the rest is history.​
This is General Grok
Rituals, Practices, and Observations/Holidays.
The Earthspawn are quite secretive about some of their religious practices, and blatantly obvious about others. Perhaps their most controversial ritual is post-battle sacrifice. After battles all of the slaves will be chained on a platform and left to be eaten by woodland creatures of vultures, and possibly carnivorous creatures too! After much trouble from the international community this practice has been slowed, but not entirely. Another interesting holiday of Earthspawn is Doq'Ne (pronounced Doc-Nay.) The literal definition of Doq'Ne is day of rest. On this holiday Earthspawn will refuse to fight under any circumstance. On this holiday there are huge feasts and drinking halls. This holiday is practiced to remember all the years Earthspawn were dormant.​

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
... Am I the only one who thought that this was a proposal for special Earthspawn healing magics? :p

Also, another... interesting belief, I would think, is that any major Earthspawn town would have an expansive network of underground catacombs for their dead. Since that Gwamith is in the ground, the more important an Earthspawn is the deeper they would be buried.... Right?

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
have developed deep rooted beliefs
I'll take credit for that! I spent quite awhile writing the Earkzian culture and language. Speaking of language, wouldn't his motto be in Earkzian as it is the Earthspawn traditional language. (Or at least the very first Earthspawn language to be invented)!

Also, It says great warriors could be reborn as a Dera'Ko. What happens if you are a Dera'Ko when you die? Plus since Oguk is the current Dera'Ko does that mean he was a great warrior in his past life?

Hope this gets accepted!

Note. He should NOT be called God of green skins -_-...
That's WAAYYY to Warhammer like. Plus you get Green, Grey and Red Earthspawn.

The majority of human characters are white. It's like calling a human god the "God of white people" even though we have black and other skin colour humans. It's also like saying if your not the majority colour he is not your god.

EDIT: So yeah god of Earthspawn would suit better than green skins. Maybe making his colours Red and Black instead of Red and "skin green". Plus if the god's colours match Zuk'Thar's we can say that the Earthspawn are flying his flag!

Frankieba5

Lord of Altera
I'll take credit for that! I spent quite awhile writing the Earkzian culture and language. Speaking of language, wouldn't his motto be in Earkzian as it is the Earthspawn traditional language. (Or at least the very first Earthspawn language to be invented)!

Also, It says great warriors could be reborn as a Dera'Ko. What happens if you are a Dera'Ko when you die? Plus since Oguk is the current Dera'Ko does that mean he was a great warrior in his past life?

Hope this gets accepted!

Note. He should NOT be called God of green skins -_-...
That's WAAYYY to Warhammer like. Plus you get Green, Grey and Red Earthspawn.

The majority of human characters are white. It's like calling a human god the "God of white people" even though we have black and other skin colour humans. It's also like saying if your not the majority colour he is not your god.

EDIT: So yeah god of Earthspawn would suit better than green skins. Maybe making his colours Red and Black instead of Red and "skin green". Plus if the god's colours match Zuk'Thar's we can say that the Earthspawn are flying his flag!
Added, thanks for feedback and support! Adding more now, PM me about the implications of this in Zuk'Thar

Frankieba5

Lord of Altera
Should the slogan be
Our enemies bathe in fear, it makes a home in their hearts​
OR It is a good day to kill, BAH!, any day is a good day to kill when you are an Earthspawn

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
... Excellent cultural material, everything is fine~! (Just be advised of standard disclaimers associated with worship of non-standard gods of course.)

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
... Excellent cultural material, everything is fine~! (Just be advised of standard disclaimers associated with worship of non-standard gods of course.)
I don't see any inquisitors arguing with the Earthspawn about this somehow...

Inquisitor: E-e-excuse me... I have come to terminate your fake relig-

Earthspawn: SMASH PUNY HUMAN!