Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Edward1878]- Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward1878

Lord of Altera
Dear Admins/Moderators and most importantly, Royo.

I have been banned for 'Mild racism combined with arrogant attitude'. Firstly, when I realised this I thought no biggy, must have got the wrong person, or maybe they might have misunderstood what I may have said. However, when it came to my attention later on, I suddenly realised that the mild racism was me say "learn to speak english before speaking to me" to Royo during an argument with him.

What I am writing here, as well as an appeal, is an apology from the bottom of my heart and myself owning up to my actions.

Many people know I am a disable person. I am abused every day for my disabilities, yes, even the paralympics were not enough to stop this. The fact is, that at my age no one cares about me at my school anymore. Studying my A-Levels are tiring, and daunting, which is why at the end of the day, I have something that I can do, that involves speaking with friends are playing with them. Anyway, why should all this be brought up in an appeal. Well, to be honest, I am completely and utterly ashamed of myself. I have dished something out that I take every day of my life. I agree with the ban, it is fair enough. But one thing I do care about, is the fact that deep down I am not a racist person. The reason I was banned was for using making this comment during an argument with Royo

Therefore, firstly, Royo, I am extremely sorry for what I said to you, it was a rash statement that slipped out my tounge.

Secondly, Hollowwolrd, please do not think I am a racist or arrogant person, one thing I know I do is take this game too seriously, but in my position, its the only thing I can.

As for my actions, I am ashamed of myself, I hope Hollowworld, Royo and the admins can forgive me on this one.

With regrets and appologies

Edward

Edward1878

Lord of Altera
May I say, in defense, I have never cause trouble on the server before. I have always gotten along well with admins and other people, in my opinion I have had a 99% good record on this server until now, we all make mistakes, most people know that I was not meaning what I said as a racist thing, I had no intention of it causing offense, it was just something I said whilst being stressed. If anything, what I said was nationalist, but I am not going to disagree with what the admins have said.

Edward1878

Lord of Altera
Yes, but as I have described many times before, I am a very limited person in my life. I am not saying I should be given slack, but I hold the right to appeal and I will, especially to clear my name of racism. We see many people here and there given warnings for swearing in chat, or temp bans of only two days. I said something, in my opinion not racist, maybe nationalist, but am banned for a whole week. Again, I am not going to disagree with admins, but state my opinion.

Edward1878

Lord of Altera
Racism is to discriminate a person or group based on race or religion.
Nationalism is like being racist but on terms of someone nationality, eg. Discriminating someone for being German.

I was at the most, rude at Royo, insulting his English. If I was on a Swedish server, I would stand no chance, I did not know Royo was actually from Sweden, but it should have been in my mind that he was a non-English speaker, therefore on the matter of me insulting Royo's grammar and English, it was extremely rude and impolite of me.

From Wiki (I know it is not always right, but it describes it quite well)

Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior.

Again, I am not trying to disrespect admins, obviously I am disagreeing with charges, but in a respective manner.

I again, wholeheartedly apologize to Royo.

Royo_Royal

Loyal Servant of Altera
I can see what you mean Edward but try to rembmer to next time that not everone in the world are 100 % good at english

Infernohawk

Lord of Altera
Resolved and unbanned. And the statement in itself was racist, not saying you are necessarily racist. Nationalism is something different entirely.

Edward1878

Lord of Altera
I can see what you mean Edward but try to rembmer to next time that not everone in the world are 100 % good at english
To be honest I do not think that, nor do I expect everyone to, as I said I wasn't even aware of the fact you were Swedish but the fact that I did not know where you are from should have always been in my mind. Thank you for understanding Royo, hopefully we can both learn from this and forge a friendship out of it, a new beginning eh? Obviously RP is going to have to s=stay the same ;)

Resolved and unbanned. And the statement in itself was racist, not saying you are necessarily racist. Nationalism is something different entirely.
Thank You very much. I appreciate you understanding my case and for forgiving me on the matter. This was a one off and will never happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.