Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Elf] Saelihn

Teeke

Lord of Altera
*Written in a journal*

So I've moved to the Northern Kingdoms now. The boat ride here was pleasant, clear skies and calm waters the entire way. After arriving in port I wandered around their little town of Crossroads. It's small, but busy. There's an inn there. Lots of traffic in and out of the inn all the time. This is a rather lawless area though, the first thing that happened when I got off the ship was a man trying to kidnap a young girl. I made it very clear with my body that I was not about to allow him to carry that plan out. He eventually got the message and left. I've also adopted a child of my own since moving here. His name is Ripley and he is so beautiful and smart. I'm teaching him the proper language, Elven, and we're going to rid his tongue of that nasty common. Nwalme, someone who I met in the Crossroads is letting us stay in Riseport. It's a gorgeous dense jungle with homes and paths. It really reminds me of home. Soon I'll show Ripley around our jungle - all the way up to the mountains, hopefully then he'll be less interested in playing at the Crossroads. There is a man who hangs around the Crossroads, James... He's a wicked soul. He constantly threatens women, with knives. He got my son drunk, and almost made my son fall from a roof. I've told Ripley never to speak to James. ... I may have to kill the man if he does anything further to my son. But now is happy times! I have a son and we're loving in a proper home in a jungle. I'm loving it here.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
*Another entry*

I should mention my friends as well. There's Padragin. She says she honors Theodra, but the amount of time she spends hugging you'd suspect she honors Sallana! I love her as a sister, and perhaps I can get her to stay in Riseport with us, I suspect she'd very much like it.
There's Antalion ((I'll spell that right in a bit)) he seems nice enough. I've asked him to give Ripley lessons in Elven. He is gracious enough to do these lessons out of the kindness of his heart.
I've met a few others, none worth any particular mention at this point.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
*Journal entry*

I showed Ripley around some of our jungle today. We climbed the nearby tall hill and went to the settlement that used to be there. He seemed to really have a lot of fun up there, I'm glad for it. We also talked about how it's okay for him to speak Elvish, and that I might get some brothers and sisters for him. I'd like to see him playing with children his own age, rather than adults all the time.
There was a woman teaching him how to fight when I got to the Crossroads, I spied on them for a while. I'm glad to see him learning stuff on his own, maybe I'll give him some lessons too some time. I'll have to talk to him about it.
Later I visited Tybalt again. He was arguing with a man and a woman over how to punish murderers. I have a lot of conflicting feelings over these sorts of things... but I was able to speak with both parties, and I may have to visit some people later too... I told Tybalt I won't be able to work at the orphanage he showed me. What I didn't tell him is that I'm going to be making my jungle into a home for orphans. They'll be able to learn all the survival skills they need, and have a sense of belonging and community.

Oh. Just before I went to bed a wandered happened into Riseport. He doesn't speak Evlish. I made him a bowl of soup, and invited him to stay. He seems nice, shy, and possibly afraid of the world? One of those types.
It sure would be nice to get more people living in Riseport, I do so much prefer it to just about any where else I've visited since landing in the Northern Kingdoms.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
*Journal Entry*

Trying day. I found myself to the Crossroads Inn today. Ripley was there, I could see him from the doorway so I ran to him and hugged him! But lo, James was there too, of course. He was speaking to Tybalt loudly about his plans to corrupt my son. He spoke loudly about his plans to kidnap my son. This is completely unacceptable in a person. The danger he poses to my son is real, and I must actively work to prevent him from bringing harm to my son. I approached him, and told him to leave. He refused. I grabbed him and began to drag him out, at which point he chose to move on his own accord. Mother. I planned to spill his blood. I planned to gut and clean him the way I would a dinner pig. But I couldn't. There were so many people standing, watching. Ripley was watching. I didn't want to teach him that murder is a resolution to conflict. So instead I took my child and returned to Riseport. I spoke with the captain and he agreed to not give passage to Ripley for a week. I hope during this time something can be done about James. I will need to speak to Boss and let him know that this man has very real plans to travel to our home and abduct my child.
Depending on how things occur I may have to find a new home for us. Boss openly admits the town is intermingled with some colorful folk. Riseport may not be the safe haven I had hoped.

I'm sorry Mother, I faltered. For a moment I lacked love in my heart. I'm sorry. I'll write a new song for you tomorrow.