Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Enactment VIII] Dissolution of the 'God of Justice'

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
"God wills it."

[Music]

Truly has their never been such a dishonor to the Divine Pantheon than
that of Rahas, the Angel. His refusal to lay his supposed enlightened sword
upon the entirety of the House of Telarion, their damned existence and decadent
regard to others not their own. Their banners scattered, their people in exile. Such
truly called for a true Sentinel, Crusade- to rest an enlightened hand on the Infidel.

Sunderday, 3rd of Springbloom, 2293.

"The Enclave extend it's greater quarter of the Knights, siege weaponry, and munitions, towards the ancient, now abandoned territory of Padure, of Blackrose; in attempts to seize and take the invalid lands from the House of Telarion, declares all of it's holdings void. All lands and holdings aside of Civilian Property will be destroyed should the Holy Charge of Crusade be denied. War is on the horizon, it demands tribute for the heresies committed unto it's countrymen, citizens for and against the Realm, whether or not they be past or present. Failure to comply is a scream to be put to death. No longer will the Realm hear the incessant screams of the failed God of Justice. No longer will it hear of the decadent ways of the Telarion. No Longer. The Blessed of Rahas hath failed, so to will the Kingdom of Rahas. We, the Hand of Crusade, will cleanse this damnation from the Realm, by Reason or By Force."

"Let our swords be sullied!"

forgot to tag
UmbraSicarius
[OOC]
If you want to involve your faction in any way, be it supplying food in the most minimal amount, to weaponry,
or supplying soldiers to garrison, it will be considered an act of war as Padure has been noted to be a ruined town/settlement, without
creed or banner, and Arike wants it. All stakes are present, this could mean the end or a major resurgence, depending on situation.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
ummm i still own padure ooc so no as i have said before in pms

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
ummm i still own padure ooc so no as i have said before in pms
OOC does not mean anything iirc past this point.

If you are saying it's an OOC territory and that is all, these people will simply occupy it and everything else falls into place.
Not consenting past that would be ah.. ridiculous.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
You cant force war and taking peoples regions on others.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
No, he means he owns the place OOCly as well as ICly, so he has a right to say 'no, leave my region be'. You can't force stuff with people's regions if they don't want it, really. Will tag Solus to clarify

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
No, he means he owns the place OOCly as well as ICly, so he has a right to say 'no, leave my region be'. You can't force stuff with people's regions if they don't want it, really. Will tag Solus to clarify
The region was specified as otherwise by an IC owner, nor has RP done anything to justify otherwise [as far as we're aware]. I'll provide logs if need be.
Beyond that, the faction in question is considered 'nonexistent', or, as said- 'something that cannot be reasoned with.'

New thread coming in to justify claims if this is denied at this point.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
The region was specified as otherwise by an IC owner, nor has RP done anything to justify otherwise [as far as we're aware]. I'll provide logs if need be.
Beyond that, the faction in question is considered 'nonexistent', or, as said- 'something that cannot be reasoned with.'

I'll be honest, I haven't been keeping up with the situation or even read this post. What I do know is that an IC 'owner' is exactly that. It is not their prerogative to dictate what happens to the region OOC. Possession of the region, at the end of the day, is ultimately whoever's IGN is OOCly on that region. If Umbra is indeed the OOC owner, then his reply is "no" and so be it. As much as I am opposed to consent and being able to refuse things OOCly, it's not worth strong-arming another player into something they don't want. It will not be enjoyable for either party.

I'm not taking any kind of 'side,' but it seems like he's made it clear that he's uninterested in any kind of conflict and seizing of his regions. As frustrating as it is for the opposing party (yourself and your faction, I gather), it might just be time to look for greener pastures.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
I own it both Ic and ooc anre has interacted with lyssian once when he came threw the city gates the one time other then that not done anything other then being associated as a priest of rahas with the land and faction of mine, I was annoyed in discord yes a few weeks ago as i got tired of saying no and got annoyed and upset and a bit vulgar. But Padure and slyannen and other towns we have all talked and dont wish for player conflict its not what we enjoy in roleplay is war and such and do our best not to provoke it.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I'll add to this with things that should prompt war:

• If both parties want to do a war, there's no problem with establishing it.
  • Declarations of War: Certain actions entail a de facto declaration of war, at which point the aggressive faction must agree to see it through. Examples of such are as follows, and others in their vein may apply at discretion of staff.
    • Assassination, attempted or otherwise, of a political leader.
    • Hostile occupation of a sovereign territory.
    • Wanton destruction of a faction's resources (ships, fields, etc).
    • Coordinated violence against a faction's members.
    • Declaring war.
  • Factors leading to war: Smaller acts of aggression may lead to war as a reasonable recourse, at staff discretion.
In this case- having territories nearby and wanting to take over isn't a good enough reason to pull Umbra's regions into war with your own. Occupying his territories would incite it and engaging in war with a player who's made it clear he's takes IC stops to prevent it and doesn't want to escalate things wouldn't necessarily be a good thing to keep promoting. If his character did breach one of the categories and he doesn't want war, though- then we can form a convo to sort the situation out.

I'm aware there are folks who want religious crusades (as is part of medieval history) and it does beg the question of when territory claiming becomes too large to be able to not have others try and counterclaim it for a reason (uprisings and so on), but the quote is what our current approach is for casus belli at the moment. We do try not to make it just 'OOC rules say so' as there should be compliance in RP as well to make sense within the realm of the roleplay world.

Last edited:

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
I own it both Ic and ooc anre has interacted with lyssian once when he came threw the city gates the one time other then that not done anything other then being associated as a priest of rahas with the land and faction of mine, I was annoyed in discord yes a few weeks ago as i got tired of saying no and got annoyed and upset and a bit vulgar. But Padure and slyannen and other towns we have all talked and dont wish for player conflict its not what we enjoy in roleplay is war and such and do our best not to provoke it.
Literally all I needed to hear about this in that regard, however I do want to point something out before we concede here and I have my character screw off to do.. whatever a Crusade worshipper says and does, right; this means he's gonna cease action and shit towards Sylannen, as honestly I can't be asked to continue having Arike do propaganda as he does. This does rise on the other hand, the current classification of Sylannen, you don't want war, I will respect that in the very least.

My only thing is; it's like false advertisement, it's considered moderate, yet other casus belli and such has been levied against it time and time again, as I said- I respect ur want to not do war, but frankly I don't understand why you haven't just said- 'dude this is peaceful screw off', just classify it as peaceful I guarantee you no one would want to touch it with a 20 ft pole (in regards to war, it's a lovely build I'd like to visit). I already don't and I'm me. In addendum to this and a lasting impression- dude, I play multiple characters and while some may seem similar, that's something I'm trying to fix consistently. I'm a bad roleplayer in that regard.

In note; Arike is not Mortimer, and vice-versa, both are completely different characters with completely different agendas. I personally have no great vendetta, my character on the other hand, might. I hold no greater disdain aside of failed communication, a fault of my own in any given circumstance, really.

Have a nice day.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
I'll be honest, I haven't been keeping up with the situation or even read this post. What I do know is that an IC 'owner' is exactly that. It is not their prerogative to dictate what happens to the region OOC. Possession of the region, at the end of the day, is ultimately whoever's IGN is OOCly on that region. If Umbra is indeed the OOC owner, then his reply is "no" and so be it. As much as I am opposed to consent and being able to refuse things OOCly, it's not worth strong-arming another player into something they don't want. It will not be enjoyable for either party.

I'm not taking any kind of 'side,' but it seems like he's made it clear that he's uninterested in any kind of conflict and seizing of his regions. As frustrating as it is for the opposing party (yourself and your faction, I gather), it might just be time to look for greener pastures.
I'll add to this with things that should prompt war:

In this case- having territories nearby and wanting to take over isn't a good enough reason to pull Umbra's regions into war with your own. Occupying his territories would incite it and engaging in war with a player who's made it clear he's takes IC stops to prevent it and doesn't want to escalate things wouldn't necessarily be a good thing to keep promoting. If his character did breach one of the categories and he doesn't want war, though- then we can form a convo to sort the situation out.

I'm aware there are folks who want religious crusades (as is part of medieval history) and it does beg the question of when territory claiming becomes too large to be able to not have others try and counterclaim it for a reason (uprisings and so on), but the quote is what our current approach is for casus belli at the moment. We do try not to make it just 'OOC rules say so' as there should be compliance in RP as well to make sense within the realm of the roleplay world.
clear as day.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
As I stated I would do peaceful but would lose my walls that I would like for pve events and such like when we had the large zombie hordes from last time in the end world event only reason I have it as moderate the current system does not allow regions to build defenses as peaceful for such things.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
As I stated I would do peaceful but would lose my walls that I would like for pve events and such like when we had the large zombie hordes from last time in the end world event only reason I have it as moderate the current system does not allow regions to build defenses as peaceful for such things.
Then I understand your point here. Have a nice day.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast

you are 100% changing my words, Raph. You asked me to describe the state of the region and I told you that afaik no IC work had yet begun to repair the region and renovate it and that the people of Telarion would have little to no presence there yet because of such, however that does not mean that it is not owned by Telarion and known as such. It is owned by Telarion and I made very clear to you that I would not be giving you the region and at no point did I tell you it was ICly neutral or ICly completely abandoned by Telarion.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
you are 100% changing my words, Raph. You asked me to describe the state of the region and I told you that afaik no IC work had yet begun to repair the region and renovate it and that the people of Telarion would have little to no presence there yet because of such, however that does not mean that it is not owned by Telarion and known as such. It is owned by Telarion and I made very clear to you that I would not be giving you the region and at no point did I tell you it was ICly neutral or ICly completely abandoned by Telarion.
You see, me and Rawkiller seemed to have solved it quite peacefully. You opened up the can of worms where I can whip out logs provided you don't alter. I asked very clearly- to which you replied in earnest regard,

'hey, this region is dead as all heck, can I use this.'
"Well, no, that would be a dick move to Rawkiller and such."
'that's unfortunate, can you explain how the place is so I can RP accordingly?'
"Yeah- it's ruined, uninhabited," [insert blah-blah],
'I see, well I'll go confirm with Rawkiller on the state of the region.'

I then proceeded to, now we are here. As spoken, though, I wish you well and have a beautiful day.

As an addendum; Edit: If I'm so bold to have even stated this, your character is what I followed through with as I do literally almost everything ICly, and expected that courtesy in return which is my fault for having wanted this.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
You see, me and Rawkiller seemed to have solved it quite peacefully. You opened up the can of worms where I can whip out logs provided you don't alter. I asked very clearly- to which you replied in earnest regard,

'hey, this region is dead as all heck, can I use this.'
"Well, no, that would be a dick move to Rawkiller and such."
'that's unfortunate, can you explain how the place is so I can RP accordingly?'
"Yeah- it's ruined, uninhabited," [insert blah-blah],
'I see, well I'll go confirm with Rawkiller on the state of the region.'

I then proceeded to, now we are here. As spoken, though, I wish you well and have a beautiful day.

As an addendum; Edit: If I'm so bold to have even stated this, your character is what I followed through with as I do literally almost everything ICly, and expected that courtesy in return which is my fault for having wanted this.
I will defend my words if I want. Do me a favor and next time don't take my words as permission to try and start war against a faction that isn't mine.