Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Entropy's application [Accepted] [Fronslin]

Entropy

Loyal Servant of Altera
En_tropy
En_tropy
About me

1. What is your Minecraft username?

En_tropy

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your time zone?
United States, Central Daylight Time

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when you use information gain through ooc means as ic information (i.e. Someone told you ooc you a character's weakness and you target it right away in a fight)

Powergaming is when you take control of another’s actions/to derail another’s actions (i.e dictating how the other person reacts when you attack them etc.)

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
Hi, I’m Entropy, I live in the Midwest of the United States and work as an assistant teacher in a learning center (I have a lot of sweet 4yr olds this year! ^.^). I’m a bit quiet and awkward, but I try to be friendly.
I enjoy reading, writing, roleplay, and various other things like doll collecting, sewing, and pretending I know how to draw. I’ve been into rp for years now - since I was about 12-13? - from ttrpgs like dnd and vtm to freeform rp with friends to getting into mcrp a couple of years ago.
As far as music goes, I don’t know if I have one favorite, I can usually find something to like in nearly every genre. My current listening habits range from Kesha and Hozier to Heather Alexander and Blackmore’s Night, Corpse Husband to BarlowGirl. Honestly, it’s all over the place.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
A friend, CargoCultist, mentioned they and some other friends were here, so I thought I’d check it out.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, have they settled the ire of Titans and Gods. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through tenacity and reverence. The memories of their trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the stars flicker and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

About my character

Character Name:

Miss Mewnerva (an alias)

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
A curvy, pretty young woman of five foot six with soft chocolate brown skin. Her dark brown hair is long, she keeps it tied in two pigtails that fall to about her waist. She has a heart-shaped face with full lips, a pert nose, and almond-shaped olive eyes she keeps hidden behind a pale mask carved to appear feline.
A soft green flowering vine tattoo crawls up her left arm to rest at the base of her neck.
Her clothing consists of a cream-colored dress overlaid with a colorful skirt and a brown corset. She wears various bangles on her wrists and ankles and rarely if ever wears shoes.

Picture of the Skin:

Written Test:

It was the perfect spot, really.

Mewnerva smiled behind her mask as she watched the passersby go about their business at the market. They would cast her little set up curious glances. Few approached though, most farmers or others of lesser means to spend on her trade.

She spent most of the long evening shuffling her carefully crafted cards, humming softly as she eyed the crowd for potential clients. She needed to find someone, or she’d go hungry tonight. Not much of a problem for her, she’d spent many a night hungry; but that was before, she had another to be responsible for.

Her eyes alight on a young woman in a fine dress tittering and dancing around the stalls, eyes downcast as she nervously fretted with pieces of jewelry.

Oh. There we are. Mew’s hidden smile warms. The young woman, mayhaps feeling her gaze, turned and met it. Mewnerva averted her gaze ever so slightly and lifted a hand in a wave, beckoning the girl closer.

“Hello, how are you? Might I read you a fortune, pretty miss?” Mew asks as the woman.

“Oh, I’m doing quite fine, thank you- what was it you asked? A fortune?” the lady replies, settling on the pillows before the small table. An air of haughtiness lingers about her, and, like her dress, it was befitting a young heiress. “Why, how quaint, I would love to!”

Mewnerva eyes dance with merriment. “What might I tell for you, miss?” she asked, skillfully shuffling the cards. “‘Tis but a small penance for a draw ah three, general asks of tha future. Or might I interest you in a draw ah six? More personal like, draws ah success, wealth an’, my speciality, love.” She winked at the young lady, before tilting her head away.

The lady sputtered and dropped her gaze, face flushing bright red. “O-oh...a-ah, a love drawing would, um, I would like that.” She looked up unsureness in her gaze.

Such a sweet one. Mewnerva nodded, smiling kindly behind her mask. “A payment firstly, I must beg ah you, miss.”

“Ah, of course.”

The coins were passed and hidden away in a pocket. Swift fingers set to twisting and turning, shuffling the cards and splitting them into three piles. “Pick a stack, if it pleases, miss?”

The girl lightly tapped a stack and Mew plucked it up, laying the others aside and laying out the chosen pile in a patterned circle. “Choose six you wish me ta read now.”

Once the cards were tapped Mew collected them. After clearing the other cards away she placed the chosen cards on the table between them.

“This one is for you,” Mewnerva explains, laying a hand atop a card depicting a dragon and nine silver swords. “Nine ah tha swords, reversed. It means you may be feeling trapped wit’in your own fears. Negative emotions have overwhelmed you.” She'd cast a look upwards to see the woman’s face is drawn and tight. “But, tha worst is almost over, miss, eventually your life’ll take a turn for tha better. Best not ta let yourself suffer on your ownsome if it can be helped.”

The woman didn’t answer, she sat stiffly, listening for the next card. Mewnerva laid a hand over the next card, showing a snake wrapped around three branches.

“Tha next is for your current or future partner. Three ah wands, reversed. You may have found your plans have ta be delayed, and you are unable to do abouts what you meant ta do.” Her voice is quiet as she explains the card, eyes watching the woman for every minute reaction. “You should take a gander back and look hard at your long-term ‘spectaions. There is still time ta correct your path.”

The lady takes a breath and lets it out, nodding. “I will keep that in mind,” she murmurs.

Mew nods and moves to the next card, a humanoid crow near-naked, and bound upside down to a tree. “This is tha Bond between you, tha Hangedman, upright.” She takes a breath. “He relinquishes his control, given-ing himself ta tha judgment ah tha World. Sometimes. The best ta plan is a swift backstep. Take time ta regroup and look hard at your options.”

The woman sat quietly, nodding to herself as Mew went over the rest of the cards. The outlook was not so much bleak, as it called for much self-reflection and observation. While it was generalized, the words seemed to strike a chord with the heiress, pinging little prickles of empathy in Mew’s heart for her, wondering what she might be going through.

The lady thanked her quietly after she concluded the reading, her budding curiosity replaced with quiet somberness, she still sat for a long moment.

Mew leaned over the table, offering a hand. The lady looked up, startled. Mew did her best to exude as much into her gaze as she could through her eyes. Slowly, the woman placed her hand in the fortuneteller’s.

Mewnerva squeezed her hand, eyes crinkling up at the corners with a smile. “‘Tis not all a bad, miss. I dunna know what goes on behind closed doors, but I feel for you. ‘Tis no easy task to bear and lookabout on. But have faith you can do it.”

The heiress smiled sadly and nodded. She left not long after, vanishing into the crowd.

Mewnerva sighed, poor readings always left her feeling low. But it would be against her practise to lie to spare someone’s feelings.

As the evening wore on and she didn’t get any more customers, Mew slowly packed up and headed back to the hole in the wall she had acquired for herself and her young charge, pleased she at least had enough for supper for her and the kit.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
I would like to take a second to say how much I enjoyed this application. I hope you enjoy your time here!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.
PS. If you are on discord, Let someone know, We'll get you into the newbie Chat!