Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

EULA Shenanigans

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I don't think that this server will be hit with a C&D. There should be no reason to change games, even through we might lose perks from donating. This community is worth more than perks. I was planning on starting a subscription (almost to enough money for a couple years), but I didn't care about the perks, just the fact that I can help out the community, and think that I could get the support back from this community.
I've heard a lot of comments from members to almost exactly this effect. I think that if it came down to "guys, we might have to close the server if we can't come up with the funds" there are enough people who would just donate in order to keep it around. I know I'm in that group, for certain. Y'know, when I have a paycheck. :oops:

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I
Excuse my outdated knowledge, but from what I remember, don't donators get things like Radiants, /fly perms, some sort of benefit from the horse plugin, things like that? All that would be in violation.
Isnt this an RP server? I don't see donations giving you an edge in RP.

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
I agree. I honestly feel there are enough people in the community who love it enough and probably already donate for the love of it.
I'm going to throw some more cash your way soon. Still have some on my paypal account I've been wanting to get rid of ;).

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Just gunna drop this out here as a contingency platform: Ultima Online. It's an old old MMO, originally designed to run on dial-up connections. Should be cheap and real easy to run. It offers a bit of character skin customization, but nothing like minecraft's skinning. More importantly, you can build houses. It's all medieval fantasy. The Ultima universe is one that I believe @cherbert is familiar with already. I gotta say . . I think it would be a nice match for us. Though it is a completely different viewing angle for playing the game.

And on second thought, there is next to no modding community that I know of. And it would most definitely be a downgrade from Minecraft in many ways.
UO is sub based

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Ok quick question:
Wouldn't it help to just proof Mojang that the donation money actually goes back to the server if they complain? - If what the guy in the video says is true that is.

C

Cubey

I once played on a server that used a plugin against grief(not queen), you could use coal ore, lapis ore or redstone ore. When you would donate you would always get 5 of those depending on how much you donated, but is this also something of in Minecraft items, because they are way more useful then
You made me laugh

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
Guys, aren't we a little crazy here? Look at our so called "rewards".
All we get is a different chat color and better titles next to our name, some even get a pocket. I wouldn't donate a cent to get it, I donated because I love the server and I honestly wouldn't mind donating and get nothing. I might not donated the most and I don't have all the perks other might have but still, I don't think that someone reallys pays 60$ just so he could have a pocket and change his nick more easily.

kaza125

Lord of Altera
All we get is a different chat color and better titles next to our name, some even get a pocket. I wouldn't donate a cent to get it, I donated because I love the server and I honestly wouldn't mind donating and get nothing. I might not donated the most and I don't have all the perks other might have but still, I don't think that someone reallys pays 60$ just so he could have a pocket and change his nick more easily.
don't you get a load of money?

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
don't you get a load of money?
I did forgot about that, but still. Its not that much. It is a lot for personal use but it hardly affects the game play, and again, I wouldn't have minded not to get the money when I donated.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
It would be nice if there were more people like you and thank you but the reality is quite far from how you think it is.

overlord2304

Lord of Altera
No its a one off payment to have a whitelist. Mojang have acknowledged that charging for access to your server is ok. You might not like it but do you seriously think people will donate out of the goodness of their hearts? This server will close if this EULA is enforced any more than it is currently.
This actualy doesn't seem that bad, Although I do feel aditional payment options should be put into place, for instance, alot of people in the Netherlands don't have credit cards or paypal and use Ideal instead, the only reason I was able to donate was because my step-dad had a credit card, which in near impossible to get if you don't have a high income