Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Europa Universalis Competitive?

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera

Alright budding EU4 players, I was talking to @Dr.Patriot about this a while ago, and the two of us had some interest in this idea, so I decided to see what the rest of HW would think!

Basically what we propose is that, as well as playing our occasional weekend-mulitplayer (see here), we issue a different type of play-style. All who participate will receive a set of starting conditions(all receive the same), in which they must abide to throughout the game. The players will then, over a period of time, play their singleplayer campaign to the end date, in which they will then submit a final scoring. Players may post their progress, adding stories and the likes to the thread, be wary of those who try to imitate your strategies however!

An example to those who don't understand yet;

Start Date: November 11 1444
Standard Ironman
DLC: Conquest of Paradise, Art of War, Res Publica, Wealth of Nations
End Date: January 31 1821

Winners judged by:
Overall game score
Total country base tax
Total provinces
Total manpower

If you're interested, post here and we'll make a round up of how many people we've got competing...and if I feel generous I'll perhaps dish out a proper prize/bonus prizes to the winner/s!

People who might be interested (feel free to tag anyone who you may think might be interested too!:
@Dr.Patriot
@Valonyx
@Gregor
@frank frappuccino
@Markisbeest
@Kyle1322
@Megadonkey30
@Tywin_Lannister
@Leo Decroix
@Con
@jakp25

Current Contenders:
@jakp25
@Dr.Patriot
@Markisbeest
@NinjaTangerine
@Con
@Valonyx
@Gregor
@Megadonkey30
@BarbarianGaming
@frank frappuccino

CURRENT COMPETITION:

For this first game we shall be playing the great Kingdom of Savoy!

Reasoning: My intentions for this first round is to see how everyone does and how the entire thing collaborates. I did not want to go for a complete start-game superpower because of course this is still meant to be a challenge, and I intended for an HRE nation to be the first we play anyways.

Savoy is an often disregarded nation which holds a relatively large amount of land at the start of the game, including the rather precious 11 base tax province of Savoie - as well as bordering the 16 base tax province of Lombardia. Players can have the decision to rival France, Burgundy ,the Emperor or the Italian States, and have the opportunity to form the beautifully coloured Sardinia-Piedmont, the Kingdom of Italy, or even the HRE. They start with a fairly strong king, a 3/5/2, as well as easy opportunity surrounding them. Their early ideas of 20% fort defence are very nice, as well as the rest being well-suited for vassals and/or client states; or of course an attempt to become the Emperor.

Start Date: November 11 1444
Standard Ironman
DLC: Any/All allowed.
End Date: January 31 1821

Winners judged by:
Overall game score
Total country base tax
Total provinces
Total manpower

Get playing!

Last edited:

Gregor

Lord of Altera
Anyways, albania first is my real suggestion. A real hard start even harder than Byzantium.

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Anyways, albania first is my real suggestion. A real hard start even harder than Byzantium.
Considering that Albania's start truly relies on the siege rolls (or at least the way I did it), it's not my intention to make the competition truly challenging in that sense, but rather competitive in to see how much all of us can conquer at the same conditions ;)

Gregor

Lord of Altera
Considering that Albania's start truly relies on the siege rolls (or at least the way I did it), it's not my intention to make the competition truly challenging in that sense, but rather competitive in to see how much all of us can conquer at the same conditions ;)
Then we shall play Ulm!

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
But revoking the privilegia is 1. Gamey to the max, 2. Easy peasy and 3. Soon to be patched/fixed next update.
But either way, I'll decide the indisputable start conditions once I've got a list of everyone who's up for it. I'm contemplating whether making the prize steam-based or minecraft.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Does the fact I have no DLC matter?

I think it just makes it harder for me tbh :p

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Does the fact I have no DLC matter?

I think it just makes it harder for me tbh :p
DLC doesn't make it harder per say, but rather it gives you less opportunity. For example, national focus is pretty damn nice especially if you're a bit unlucky concerning ruler rolls. Privateering too is a nice alternative - but most of the game changing mechanics are included in the free patches, so it's not like you'd be at an incredible disadvantage.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
I though this was about a huge MLG go-big-go-home hardcore salty multiplayer game. I was happy inside.

Then I realized i was deceived.