Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon Eyes of Silas: Entry One

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I am Azure Cerridwen Chronicler of this Eyes of Silas Expedition. It is here I will record our ventures including our most recent one that nearly took my life. Yet by the blessing of the Goddess I remain to record our tale, even if I am bound to this room for the foreseeable future.

We gathered in the Arget Isles and boarded the Jax's Luck for our mission to head East into the Sea of Storms, and if blessed, cross it. Yet we did not know that before we even left we had been betrayed. Pirates who intended to steal all we had placed spies aboard our ship. I am unsure of how many I am still talking to the crew to get a clear idea of that from interviews with the crew. I for myself saw little of the main ship as I was the most experienced rigger available and as such had to serve, for on the Luck all hands are needed.

I was teaching a bright young Moor woman named Eli. She had zero experience but has exceptional promise to grow. Also my daughter Akasha Zima'maloj was part of our crew assigned to the main sails. Things were going smoothly, the weather was perfect and seas calm when I first caught the glimpse of it. I believe my experience in the southern Seas was responsible for me spotting it. I have grown wise to the way of Pirates.

I informed the Captain and had the crew to look out for Pirates. It turns out my warning was well placed for within the next few hours it was spotted plainly. I told Eli to prepare for battle and the Captain did like wise for the main crew. We mained the sails allowing us to dodge the worst of it when it came into ram us. However it was then discovered that a large portions of our cannons were sabotaged, their fuses soaked in water unable to burn.

The pirate entered the ship through the hole they had created and the battle ensued. It was utter chaos and I headed below deck to assist my friend Ater who had disappeared down there. I saw him engaged in combat with a man and ran to assist. My eagerness nearly cost me my life and yet saved it as well. For I didn't check my rear and a Pirate rushed me with an axe. Yet if I had not moved as quick I would have been killed by the Pirates swing. It forced me to the ground where the brigand then followed the blow with a bash of their shield to my face which drove me out of their follow up slash with an axe again.

However as all hope seemed lost and I turned to face my opponent they ran away. It seems this pirate only fought those whose back was turned. I ran into Eli briefly and she directed me to the rear of the ship. I limped that way through the sounds of battle everywhere and found my route cut off by the very pirate who had injured me. Unable to reach my quarters I doubled back and headed towards the only other place I knew a potion that could help me was stored.

The Captains Quarters.

I limped across the deck and heard the sound of the Captain fighting with theirs. I wished to join but my vision was already blurring and my head becoming foggy. I knew I had little time so I hurried into quarters. There I collapsed onto his shelf and removed my healing potion Ater had stored there when we left. Haphazardly applying it to my back I stopped the bleeding but the massive amount of pain nearly caused me to pass out.

I knew to do so in the middle of battle might mean I never wake up. So I forced myself awake despite my eyes becoming heavier and thinking becoming difficult. I heard footsteps approach sometime later, it could have been a few minutes or an hour I honestly could not tell you. I grasped a potion of harming the only weapon I had the strength left to use. Thankfully it turned out to be Jaden.

I gave him the weapon and closed the door. It was there I remained to my shame for the remainder of the battle, in a pool of my own blood in the Captains Quarters. I attempted to move once but the pain was so great I passed out. When I awoke I found Eli the Moor had found me and told me the battle was over. We had won. She did me the favor of checking on my friends and daughter since I was unable.

Akasha later came to me and took me to a room to rest and recover. I have been writing as mostly a way to pass the time as I heal. The ship suffered damage and lost some supplies but I believed we recouped them from the Pirate ship. I have heard rumors that we took aboard passengers the Pirates enslaved but I have not talked to Jaden yet to confirm this. Also it seems we lost a crew member in the fighting, a Elwyn Taviel. I did not have the chance to talk to this woman before her passing but it is still a loss. One I have regretfully come to expect on these voyages.

We have sailed peacefully since that encounter. I hope to interview the crew more during this lull and get a clearer picture. I believe we shall reach the Sea of Storms without much more difficulty but once we get there I worry. I will not be able to man the sails in my current condition and Eli is just learning.

I will write more as it happens.

Azure Cerridwen of The Arget Isles, Chronicler of The Eyes of Silas

Last edited: