Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Fire and Earth

Moochick

The Very Best, That No One Ever Was
Warning: The content following is only mostly non-canon. The likenesses used of specific people are not mine and belong to their respective creators. There may be some parts that some may find unsettling to read. You will know when you get there. Asa side warning, bad writing follows.

The setting is Altera: post the death of Queen Leminth. The houses are in chaos and fighting for control. Over the years of death, destruction, and overall carnage, only two houses stand, opposing each other. House Dormus, led by the almighty warrior Scardrac Dormus; and House Arretez (this is a house in this timeline :I), led by the swift Dayter Arretez. (For better descriptions see Here for Scardrac, and Here for Dayter).

The town of Tauredal is ablaze as the two factions are facing off. The sound of clashing steel can be heard all around. The giant trees are toppling and causing the fire to spread. Separated from their men, Dayter and Scardrac are found face to face, alone amongst the burning trees.

"Why did you do it Scardrac? Why did you kill Ced?" roared Dayter aiming his bow at Scardrac.

"I had to do what was best for the prospering of Dormus. You have done no different Dayter." Yelled Scardrac across the roaring flames.

"He was your friend! And mine as well."

"All that doesn't matter in war. Even he knew that."

"No! That wa-" Dayter stammered a bit and felt a little off balance, releasing the arrow he had knocked but off course. Scardrac moved to the side noticing the movement and the arrow missed (it would've missed anyway) and began to run towards the ranger with his sword draw. Dayter, still a bit woozy drew his sword from his side. As Scardrac came closer and began to stab at Dayter's hip, Dayter began to sink to the ground. Scardrac had already stabbed Dayter in the hip and the damage was done.

This isn't right. Scardrac thought to himself. This isn't a victory at all. "Hey, get up Dayter. I know you're more than that."

Dayter was unmoving beside some faint breathing. Didn't help that he was also bleeding all over the grass.

I won't let it end like this. He thought while picking up Dayter's body and carried it with him and eventually hid Dayter among his things (don't question my logic, this isn't important anyway :I).

The next day Scardrac had Dayter a bed in his personal quarters and had his personal doctor see to Dayter's wounds. Dayter himself has yet to awaken.

Scardrac sat next to his bed and started pondering. Why did I take the risk in bringing him here. If anyone were to find out, I would be finished. I couldn't just let him die there though... we needed to have a fair fight before I can let him die. He looked over at Dayter resting in his bed. Scardrac smiled. Even when we were friends, I've never seen him so peaceful as he is now in his sleep. Scardrac leaned froward towards Dayter's face and moved a bit of his hair out of the way. What am I doing?! Scardrac quickly moved and looked away blushing. Only to take another glance back and smile.

At this point Dayter began to awaken. His eyes began to dart all over the room and then he shot up to a sitting position on the bed. "Argh" Dayter moaned clench his right side where he had been stabbed. "Where am I Scardrac!?" yelled Dayter.

"Shh, not so loud. Someone might hear you. You're in my private quarters." said Scardrac.

"Why am I here? Why didn't you kill me?"

"You collapsed during our fight onto my blade. I had no intention of killing a sick man. I have my own standards you know. If I left you there you would have died but I wanted to end this with a fair fight, so I snuck you in with me to be trested by my best doctor."

"Well... err thanks... I guess."

"It's the least I could do... for an old friend..."

"That time was long ago Scardrac. I cannot forgive what you have done after Leminth's death."

"Oh as if no one else was out there killing? Might I add you were one of them. You are no better yourself."

"I don't kill my 'friends' though..." There was an awkward pause after this.

"Well anyway, we can't have our fight until you are well again. I'll take care of you in the mean time..." he coughed, "... in a manly way." (happy @mairinbaihn ?)

"Hmph"

A few hours pass before the two start to talk again.

"... Life was more simple while the queen was still alive." said Dayter.

"I wish we could return to that time as well." said Scardrac.

"A time where I used to call you friend. Ced was still alive. Queen Grief was dead. It was a great to be alive... How did it all come to this..."

"Just the nature of people I guess. When one power dies another must rise. Everyone wants their house to take advantage of this."

Dayter smiles, "You make us seem so weak when you put it that way."

"Maybe we are."

"... Mind if I open a window for some air?"

"Just be careful that no one sees you."

Dayter raises from the besd only to cringe again from the pain to his hip and started to topple over. Scardrac tried to catch him but ended up falling on top of them. "Argh" cried Dayter yet again from not only the pain of his hip but also from breaking Scardrac's fall. And then there they were. Their faces just inches from each other. Their eyes looking into each others. Dayter immediatly darts his eyes to the side and breaks the connection. Scardrac then gets up off of Dayter.

He coughs then says, "Sorry about that..." The redness of his face would be apparent if Dayter were looking.

"Oh... errrm don't be. It was my fault anyway for not taking it slowly." Dayter said not making eye-contact with a slight blush as well.

"I'll get the window instead, you just lie back down in the bed"

"Yeah that would be better..." Dayter then crawled into the bed.

What was that? Scardrac thought. Why do I feel so stuffy? He push aside the thoughts and went back to his daily duties as the head of Dormus as normal.

As the days went by waiting for Dayter's wound to heal, Dayter and Scardrac started to become closer and closer again.

Then one night Dayter got up from his bed. I should get away now. My wound is better and quite frankly I don't want to see Scardrac as I leave...

As Dayter walked through Scardrac's room to get to the exit he walked past Scardrac in his own bed. He went closer to it for another look. He's so peacful. He thought with a stroke of Scardrac's hair. If only we didn't have this war... And then Dayter leaned over Scardrac's sleeping body and placed his lips on Scardrac's for an instant than immediately retracted. Why did I do that? I need to get out of here. Dayter walked to the door but then...

"Where are you going this lovely night?" Scardrac said in a somewhat seductive manner.

Dayter blushed, the dark in the room covering it up mostly. "Erm... The cut is healed now so I thought it would be easier to sneak out at night..."

"Oh now? I think you forgot something." Scardrac said while opening his bed-chest only to retrieve Dayter's bow and quiver. And handed them to Dayter.

Dayter went to grab the bow that was handed to him but instead was surprised to be pulled into an embrace by Scardrac as he pulled Dayter in for another kiss. Dayter pushed Scardrac back and with a hushed yell said, "What are you doing?!" Still being held though.

"Oh well that's no fair. You 'did' kiss me first." said Scardrac, moving back in to finish what he started. This time Dayter blushed and let it happen. Sparks flew in their heads as it happened. Heat pooled throughout their bodies as it continued and then Dayter finally broke the contact.

"...I should leave now." Dayter said with his face as red as a tomato. He opened the door and took a final look back at Scardrac.

"Well... take care. Chances are we'll have to... you know..." said Scardrac with a saddened look on his face.

Dayter nodded and took off through the door. A few minutes later bells started ringing outside. Scardrac recognized these bells as the alarm bells for the keep. Oh no was he caught? What's happening? Scardrac grabbed his sword as a soldier rushed to him and yelled, "Arretez troops have breached the gate!"

Scardracs eyes widened in surprise and asked, "Was Dayter Arretez amoung them?"

"Not that we saw sir."

"Okay return to the-"

A loud voice roared throughout the keep, "We have caught Dayter Arretez!"

Oh no. Not now. Scardrac ran from his room towards the source of the voice to find Dayter being restrained by two soldiers, but otherwise unharmed. Dayter smirked, "I guess this is it huh."

"Silence Arretez scum!" said one of the soldiers holding him down.

Scardrac frowned and just watched. "Bring him with me." he said while walking toward the courtyard where a majority of the fighting was taking place.

The soldiers did as ordered but one questioned, "What are you going to do with him sir?"

Scardrac brushed it off and proceeded to the courtyard. The courtyard was full of soldiers and clashing steel. It was a ghost of the former beauty it once had. Scardrac's voice boomed over the battlefield and all were listening. "Attention all soldiers of Arretez and Dormus. We of house Dormus have captured the Arretez leader. Cease all fighting at once or his life is forfeit." The soldiers looked as saw Dayter, their jaws were agape at the sight. "I have decided to finish this war with a simple duel between Dayter Arretez, and myself, Scardrac Dormus." Then in a quieter tone to the soldiers holding Dayter. "Get this man dressed for battle. Nothing but the best for him. I want this to be a good, fair fight."

"A-are you sure th-that that's a good idea?" stammered the soldier.

"Did I stutter? Get him dressed in what he wants." said Scardrac dismissing them.

The soldiers saluted and took Dayter with them, Dayter looked back with a confused look towards Scardrac.

Scardrac then turned back to the crowd and announced, "The duel will be in an hour here in the courtyard." He turns back into the keep as the soldiers just sat there trying to process what just happened.

An hour later the troops were rallied into a circle in the courtyard. Dayter had been brought out and Scardrac had emerged from the keep towards the middle. The soldiers were cheering in the crowed for their own house to win. Dayter and Scardrac moved to the middle of the circle.

"Well I guess this is it..." said Dayter with a slight frown.

"I guess so..." said Scardrac return the sad look.

"Well they came here for a fight to the death." Dayter said while drawing his blade and backing away.

Scardrac did the same, unsheathing his bastard sword. The battle raged on, steel clashing steel, sweat pouring down both of the combatant's faces, however Dayter began showing more signs of fatigue. Dayter being a ranger at heart was no watch for Scardrac in close range combat to begin with and he knew this. Scardrac charged toward him with his blade, Dayter tried to parry the blow but couldn't handle the power behind the blow this time, his sword dropped from his hand and Scardrac's sword sunk into his chest.

Scardrac's eyes opened in shock at what he had just done. He leaned in to Dayter as the crowed became as rowdy as ever as the cheers of Dormus overpowered those of Arretez. He asked, "Why did this have to happen."

"'It's just the nature of people.' Isn't that was you said?" Dayter weakly said just leaning on the sword impaling him with a smile.

"This is just wrong though... I-" Scardrac was on the verge of tears when Dayter then cut him off..

"I- I love you Scardrac." said Dayter as he used the rest of his strength to pull Scardrac in for one final kiss. Sorrow filled Scardrac knowing that this was the end. Dayter became cold and he lied there dead.

Last edited:

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
This is possibly the greatest piece of literature I have ever read.

Deash12

Coffee Enthusiast
... *Flails on the floor.*
PLOTHOLE
Dayter is revived by the Sisterhood, Scar and Dayter unite houses. Take over Altera and live happily ever after.