Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

For Sale: The City of Arevastia

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
*eyes starts to sparkle with greed*

oooh, this would make a lovely Stronghold for the Golden Crusade, instead of buying a plot myself!
But, before we make a transaction, i got two conditions!

1.price reduced to a negociable 300,000 rads.

2.paid weekly/monthly instead of in a block.

And also, is there a way to change the town's name?

If you don't like my conditions, feel free to sell it to someone else, i am just making an offer.

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
*eyes starts to sparkle with greed*

oooh, this would make a lovely Stronghold for the Golden Crusade, instead of buying a plot myself!
But, before we make a transaction, i got two conditions!

1.price reduced to a negociable 300,000 rads.

2.paid weekly/monthly instead of in a block.

And also, is there a way to change the town's name?

If you don't like my conditions, feel free to sell it to someone else, i am just making an offer.
I'll help out with this, maybe with the weekly/monthly thin and 350,000?

JLA Montoya

I think I might like it here
As much as I want to say yes, it cannot sell for less than 400k. I'm not breaking even at all with 400, so less than that is even worse for me. The bare plots are 385k. There's a whole city on those plots, adding only 15k to the end price. I'm already giving away a massive amount of value.

That and it'd have to get paid off within two months if not paid at once. I started this city about a month and a week ago and I built it this fast. I don't want to sit around for half a year waiting on non-guaranteed payments to work on my next build.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
As much as I want to say yes, it cannot sell for less than 400k. I'm not breaking even at all with 400, so less than that is even worse for me. The bare plots are 385k. There's a whole city on those plots, adding only 15k to the end price. I'm already giving away a massive amount of value.

That and it'd have to get paid off within two months if not paid at once. I started this city about a month and a week ago and I built it this fast. I don't want to sit around for half a year waiting on non-guaranteed payments to work on my next build.
Then sorry, but the Crusade won't buy it. We can produce the money to buy it on a weekly payment, but not on two months.

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
isn't the land worth 432,500 or thereabouts when you add on t the 50K to start the region?

JLA Montoya

About. And then there's buying extra materials to build the city, as well as all the time to build it, the actual building of it. In a perfect and just world, it'd be worth around 500k, in my opinion.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
not to belittle your claim, but you do have to add in depreciation, and a discount due to the unfinished nature of the land. The 432k would make sense if the buyer got to choose where those chunks were, and what was built there. As is, they are forced into the location its at, and have to then work on the city to finish the cobble-to-sandstone as well as the wall. Much like if I tried to sell a car that I bought for 15k, I won't sell it for nearly that, especially if I stopped halfway through replacing the transmission. (I know the car example would lose more money due to wear and tear but you get what I mean.) It's really worth what you can get for it, and even at 300k that's a big commitment for any group to undertake. I wish you the best of luck in selling the land, and hope you can recieve a reasonable price for it.

Spark

Broken
pyrocide said:
not to belittle your claim, but you do have to add in depreciation, and a discount due to the unfinished nature of the land. The 432k would make sense if the buyer got to choose where those chunks were, and what was built there. As is, they are forced into the location its at, and have to then work on the city to finish the cobble-to-sandstone as well as the wall. Much like if I tried to sell a car that I bought for 15k, I won't sell it for nearly that, especially if I stopped halfway through replacing the transmission. (I know the car example would lose more money due to wear and tear but you get what I mean.) It's really worth what you can get for it, and even at 300k that's a big commitment for any group to undertake. I wish you the best of luck in selling the land, and hope you can recieve a reasonable price for it.
He's selling a city not a plot of land. The buildings there are beautiful and the change from cobble to sandstone isn't a big issue. The wall would have to be built anyway.

Its rightly named because its so magnificent.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I wasn't meaning the city looked bad at all, simply that you shouldn't go for full price of all the plots and all the materials since that isn't the actual value due to depreciation. I'm sure it's a wonderful looking city.

Spark

Broken
Depreciation isnt involved if your selling a city, If you buy a house do you ask for money off because the kitchen is at the wrong side of the house?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Depreciation occurs whenever an asset meets unfavorable market conditions. It most certainly applies to cities.

If the location is bad enough that I am going to pay people to build a better one where I want it, then yes.

Also, your example is off. A better version is "If you buy a house do you ask for money off because the neighborhood's value went down?" and the answer then is a resounding yes. A house originally sold for 100k that at the time was an upper-middle class part of town, but then due to moving trends becomes part of a lower income housing area, you will not get 100k back, specifically because it's location isn't ideal. This directly translates to minecraft because if the city is in a location that buyers do not favor, then that city is depreciated.

Finally, the land is depreciated because literally the city is not appreciated. There is a grand total of one person living there, who has already stated she is leaving. It's essentially a ghost town. It would take a good deal of work to get people interested in living in the same city again. Despite it's wonderful and nearly completed architecture, no one seems to really want to be there. Thus, the property is depreciated.

Once again, I do offer you the best of luck on selling the property JLA, and I hope you can receive a fair price for your asset.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
What happened? The city was quite busy when I visited it?

You can ask what you want and people can bid what they want. We'll see what happens! ;)

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
That's what this is isn't it? He can wait until someone pays 400k, or accept a lower bid if he want's it over with.

Let the bidding begin!

JLA Montoya

The City has been purchased by Port Silver.

They will use some of the buildings for Port Silver. Eventually in the future, the city will be erased and the area returned to its natural state. Visit and view the city while it still stands!