Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Foras, The Seeker

Hellworm1

Loyal Servant of Altera
Foras Gylnith

Name: Foras Gylnith
Full Titles: None
Nickname/Alias: Foras

KEY INFORMATION:
Race: Forest Elf
Social Status: Librarian and scholar of Valleyforte
Sexuality: Heterosexual and monogamous
Height: 5'3" aka 160 cm or generally 'short'
Weight: Below averagely light
Date of Birth: Unknown
Date of Death: Unknown as well, luckily
Homeland: A small woodland village to the north
Current Home: Valleyforte

PHYSIOLOGY:
Build: Slender and small, but never bowed down. An optimist in nature
Hair: Long hazel hair
Eyes: Chestnut eyes
Skin: A feint of hued yellow paints his skin, while keeping the sunglazed features common to forest elves
Identifying Marks: None at all, at least not physically
Appearance: A small statured elf, a thoughtfull expression perpetually there
Clothing: A green, opened robe is his main attire. Underneath it is a slightly ocherous shirt and anthracene grey pants. On his hands are grey fingerless gloves, more for grip than for fashion.
Weaponry: None, a true pacifist
Prized Possessions: A tome in which he keeps the information on behavioural patterns of fauna and monsters, which he calls 'The Menace Manual' (A fastly overlooked reference, for some reason, yet obvious as light of day)
Hygiene: Not a neatfreak, so to speak, but does appreciate a clean enviroment. Personal hygiene is just above average, whilst he doesn't mind to get dirty (the literal version, not the proverbial one) to get to his goal.
Voice: Youthfully low, maturely pitched

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Strengths: Foras is a scholar and a philosopher. If it is life advice you need or guidance on your journey, he is sure able to help you out. Even though his life is still in his prime, Foras has a both experienced and versed view of the world.
Aside from that, he is a selfless man. He will do anything for his friends or people he trusts and will do equally much for strangers and enemies.
Fears: There is not much that he fears, which doesn't mean he is fearless. While someone fearless will stand tall in the face of danger, Foras will take the most sensible choice, if the above mentioned doesn't work against this. Sensible if the best choice, fearless if anybody, friend or foe, is in need of help
Weaknesses: His greatest strengths are simultaneously his greatest weaknesses. While he is by no means gullible, he will help anyone with any trial at anytime, even if it is a trial of immense peril. A man that isn'tt willing to aid a man, isn't worthy of his own aid either
Intelligence: His intellectual prowesses surpass most peers and is equally matched, perhaps even above that of the average version of the 'wise old man' or 'Headmaster of the university'. Intelligence is his only strength, accompanied by wisdom. He is not only experienced in knowledge, so to speak, but versed in it as well. Any problem faced can either be taken on with sheer power of his brain or the sheer power of his mind and will.
Languages: Elven (Fluent), Common (Fluent)
Profession: Librarian, scholar, philosopher and friend to all

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
Personality: Foras is an optimist and a pacifist. He won't fight and is adamant in this. His optimism shows through his words and smile and it shows him new prospects in life. Even while he was in prison, his optimism prevailed. He is a friend to all, helping them whenever they require it and won't ever reject a favor asked. Viewed as an admirable man by some, others might see him as a fool. He cares little for what others think of him as he doesn't try to become influential or a hero. Foras simply wants to exist, rather than to 'be'
Religion or Cults: He does know the divine exist, yet he considers them to be on average footing with mortals. Every living being is equal and should be treated as such. Where he to meet a god, he would most likely have a conversation with them and ask about life itself, rather than worship the entity.
Alignment: While some would say that True Neutral would fit him best, this is far from the point. True neutral would mean a sense of selfishness is quite apparent. For that reason alone, Foras is Neutral Good
Short Term Goals: Expanding 'The Menace Manual' and begin studying magic, as well as the always present helping out of friends (The current main goal being to help Henry Hotspur find the answers he seeks)
Long Term Goals: Apart from finishing the tome, none. Life brings goals on your journey along it. They will reveal themselves in time

TRIVIA:
Favourite...

Place: Two places, a thick forest rich with wildlife, to study and learn... And wherever his friends might be
Pastime: Studying, writing, fishing, spending his time with others
Food: Nothing in particular, but bread is what he usually orders at the Crossroads inn. Just plain bread
Drink: Anything non-alcoholic. Alcohol ruins ones mind and makes one prone to behave less like they would usually do (Plus I stopped drinking IRL due to... impactfull reasons)
Colour: Deciding on a color would be the same as to say what your favorite type of grass is, to him. Rather than favoring one color, Foras appreciates all
Animal: All, he studies them for his occupation

Least Favourite...
Place: Wastelands.Plain, flat, dreaded wastelands with nobody around. Complete loneliness in a place torn apart through nature and war. The fringe of chaos and entropy
Pastime: There is nothing he would dislike in his passtime, as everything he dislikes, would be what he wouldn't ever do. Training swordfighting skills for example, would be something he dislikes, but he wouldn't train that skill in the first place
Food: Again, everything is appreciated. Everything he ate thus far, that is
Drink: Anything alcoholic. At least, when he drinks it (which he wouldn't). Others drinking he holds no trouble with, but he won't ever drink it himself. If drinking a substance of alcoholic nature without him knowing it, he would probably end up dreading himself, rather than the person who gave him the drink
Colour: Same answer as before
Animal: Again, same answer as before

RELATIONS:
Loved:
Sasha Baihne
Trusted: Henry Hotspur, Garrett Ashworthy, Balatro DeCronus, Illthilior Athrendu, Niah Dacar, Tzemik, Naelwyn, Vilvin, Tybalt Rhett-Mar, Bjorn Bainard, Nylarii, Jack (The one at the Crossroads) and Sankera (The latter from times long ago)
Befriended: The above
Liked: Every single living entity
Neutral: Good luck getting in this category
Unsure of: Good luck getting in this category
Wary of: Good luck getting in this category
Afraid of: Good luck getting in this category
Disliked: Good luck getting in this category (This is getting a nuisance)
Hated: I have more envy than pity for the person able to get here, good luck if you think you can (And it is done)

BACKSTORY:

Foras Gylnith, the son of two retired hunting forest elves, who have stopped their hunt to live a quiet live as farmers. He was a cheerful kid, caring about others and sharing their emotions, be they sadness or joy. Explorative and curious by nature, he always wanted to learn and experience more, never satiated by simply ‘living’.

Foras was bound to be sent to learn the trade of hunting, always sent with his friends to venture into the woods to shoot small prey, like bunnies and ducks. But Foras was a peculiar child. He was way ahead of his peers in terms of intelligence. He never felt the need to kill a beast, but rather to study it. Picking up the art of paper and pen, rather than the art of sword or bow wielding, Foras wrote down what he learned about the hunted, but never been able to captivate their behaviour on paper for the hunters would already have slayed them.

The only living beings he was able to study, were the cattle on his parents farm. Thus he did so and soon became well aware of their patterns and habits. He knew when the cattle would go to their barn and he would know when the chickens would go to hatch their eggs, but there was no challenge... No thrill and no... Gain in mere cattle.

So he embarked off to Port Silver, to find other creatures, monsters and beings to study... And to let his work be known to all of Altera. The joyfull, ever friendly young man embarks on his journey to fill his Menace Manual untill every single menace is captivated in black and white...

Foras recieved a letter during his stay near Port Silver. His parents both had gotten sick and he needed to head back home to take care for them. During his time back at the farm, he found himself quite easily bored, as he didn't find a new specimen to write about. The curiosity finally got the better of him as his discovering surge brought him to trespass on the land of prestiguous, yet moody merchant in pursuit of an unknown critter. During that same time, unbeknownst to Foras, the mansion of the wealthy businessman was burglared by skilled thiefs who, without any trouble, got away easily. When the owner returned, he frantically searched his premises to find that the only trespasser was the young forest elf. During court, he was played off as an accomplice and was thrown in jail for his alleged crimes against the city.

After serving a year in prison, he headed back to the farm to check on his folks and found out that his other siblings had arrived and relieved him from his shift. This allowed him to return again to Port Silver and to ignite the passion to learn once more with a new cause. The library of old and it's secrets...

And of course... magic

INSPIRATIONS:
I have roleplayed for a while now, done every branch of it (usually combat or engineer), but after simply overpowering opponents with tactic alone, rather than sheer power, or already knowing too much of engineering to be able to do anything new (as holding the fictional view to it (It was Starbound RP) is pretty annoying when you know how the engines of a ship should work) For that reason, I decided to go on a completely new path, the one of the scholar. Not yet finished 'knowing' and not combat oriented. A character like this isn't waiting for development to happen, as is the case with battle/opponent seeking fighers or broken engine repairing engineers, but creates his own, by studying and learning a subject unknown and unexplored. You don't look for character development through the focus of your persona or the side RP of his personality, but use both to develop your character on your own terms. You are never left without RP, as you can just continue your pastime, which is the goal of your character and is often the inspiration of many subtle, yet interesting roleplay conversations.

I don't have an inspiration for this character...

I try to BE one

My in-game name is: Hellworm1​

Last edited:

Hellworm1

Loyal Servant of Altera
Broader explanation of relations:

Loved:
Sasha Baine - "Sasha was... different. It all started as a strange twist of fate, yet I grew more fond of her on every passing day until I was completely infatuated by her. Now I can't even seem to find her... Not her... Not our child... Would our offspring be born already? I do not know..." @McWitty

Best friend:
Henry Hotspur - "'That man who was talking to himself at the Crossroads' he has called me. Now, I think I am more to him than that. I would go through fire for him as he would go for me. Then again, I wouldn't let it come to that point... On top of that, I walk through fire for everybody... I will just walk a long end more for him" @Fishymatt

Trusted:
Garrett Ashworthy - "I have only met this man for a brief period, yet he was one of the rarer examples of living beings. He was friendly and positive, two traits seldomly found in this world. A pleasure to meet such a person" @Rosary_Omen

Balatro DeCronus - "A jolly man, a swindler by profession. I do not mind, he helped me along the way in significant ways. He is friendly, yet that might just be a mask. It is alright, I am no fool. If the world perceives me as such, than they will find out themselves I am not" @Balatro

Illthilior Athrendu - "A man with a history, that is for sure. A history he would like to keep to himself. He isn't open to many a man, but that seems to be just a matter of trust. A wonderful man in essence though. He helped me realise a potential threat so that I can be wary in the future. A wonderfull man indeed" @Tempy_

Niah Dacar - "The innkeeper... Well... I am more than positive there is something behind that first layer of protective purity. See is not a horrible person, by all means, but there is more to her than meets the eye... I am curious to find out" @Niah

Tzemik - "The physical embodiment of 'grouchy cat', yet I would not dare call her that. She seems fond of her personal space and why wouldn't she. I have yet to see her without a flock of intruders swarming around her. She noticed something in me, which might have been the reason she didn't send me away... She said I have 'respect'" @Michcat

Naelwyn - "Wonderful person. Sometimes, he looks like the more social version of Tzemik. I am intrigued, but who am I not intrigued with? He said he would 'give it a try'... It is only fair if I gave my best shot at him then" @Naelwyn

Vilvin - "She appears to be the safekeeper of Vigil's Rest. Always throwing herself in front of arguments, even ones she shouldn't involve herself with. I would aid her in these efforts if she wasn't doing such a marvelous job already. One doesn't have to help if no help is needed, right? Doesn't /have/ to" @hothhorn

Tybalt Rhett-Marr - "A likeminded soul. He appeared to be royalty, but doesn't let it influence his life. Then again, I didn't recognise his authority, which might have helped with it, but for now, I perceive him to be a wonderful person. Selfless and kind" @Tybalt

Bjorn Bainard - "The short time I have seen this man has shown me a lot about him. Loyal, friendly, selfless... All traits that I can link to him. It is rare to meet an altruist like myself... A pleasure to have met him" @danthenoble

Nylarii - "The first time I met her I instantly noticed. She isn't as tough as her character portrays her to be. She is a gentle and soft person on the inside, with a hard cover. The last few days I have come to know that softer inside better. A marvel what I am seeing thus far" @Elz

Jack - "Ah, Jack. Not very talkative, just doing his job. He is a helpful person by nature, why else would he do such a job even in these rough times? The man is a listening ear and a wonderful company. A marvelous person indeed" @JackTheBartenderAtTheCrossroads

Sankera - "I have not seen him lately. A friend of times past. He comes to mind every once in a while... He helped me when I tried my hand at the corruption in Port Silver. If a man follows another into a contaminated contagion... I would consider that man a friend" @Sankera

Last edited:

Hellworm1

Loyal Servant of Altera
So, thanks for reading the post (I assume you did if you are reading this one now) If you want to respond to it, please do that in a PM (Conversation) as I would like to leave this thread uncluttered for future additions

Last edited:

Hellworm1

Loyal Servant of Altera
I hereby open this posts to comments as all the additions will be added into the first thread! *Opens the gates*

Just make your posts relevant, not about anything else than the post, please ;-;

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
*Shrugs*

Everyone makes mistakes, bal means well enough but he sometimes dose something a bit /too/ evil.

Hellworm1

Loyal Servant of Altera
*Shrugs*

Everyone makes mistakes, bal means well enough but he sometimes dose something a bit /too/ evil.
Naturally. Without just a tiny dose of evil every once in a while, we wouldn't ever have a good laugh.

All you tried to do was the best stand-up comedy ever