Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Forum HTML Stuff.

Legendary Fiction

It took a lot to get here
My bad. BB Code. not HTML.

Is there an easier way to write forum posts, neatly, so that the code doesn't try to make things neater and put in wads of redundant stuff that can sometimes mess up with what I did?

I know sometimes it makes extra spaces inbetween my lines. Perhaps that's my typing, but I actually went through the BB Code editor, cleaned out the post of all the extra color size coding it had added in, and then saved it. It fixed the issue at the time, but when I went back into the editor, it had re-added a bunch of redundant code. (almost the same stuff I had just deleted.)

I'm assuming it's trying to nest and keep code correct or neat or something... but it seriously does not need to have 4 colors in one line (that I just took 3 of them out)... /especially/ when the code is actually clean, and all the brackets match up.

Or am I doing something wrong somehow? Is this, like, the eccentricity of bbcode? Is it maybe Firefox that's playing games with me? Is something outdated? Is there a goblin in the works?

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Unfortunatly the goblin is named Limitations-in-Xenforo. Its one of those "we need it to be understood by most users" situations

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
I have the issue where I make several spoilers in a row, it suddenly copies the first three extra times with nothing in it, yet those extra spoilers aren't in the code. Xenforo really confuses me like that.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Style your code back in default and not indented. Extra code in spoiler tags, like changing color and having it bold brings up faulty code like that.

Last edited:

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
dan nicki
this fun​

Legendary Fiction

Style your code back in default and not indented. Extra code in spoiler tags, like changing color and having it bold brings up faulty code like that.
I"m not sure this is all for me. I didn't use spoiler tags in my stuff. Though I do think I did have indented at one point in time.

Does this mean I should go through the entire post, take out all redundant tags, and make sure I dont use indents and spoiler tags? Why are those causing faulty code?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
If you had the same issue as RagingLunacy, then yes, I'd suggest un-styling at least the spoiler tags. If you want to keep your different styles- you'll have to look at the BB code editor in detail.

Simple example- I bolded 'spoiler' here and it shows up as two spoiler tags once saved

This is what the BB Code editor shows you:

The tags should not be around spoiler- any styling should be done inside the spoiler and they need to be closed properly and edited properly between:

If you didn't use spoiler- can you give an example of what you're seeing exactly?

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
If you had the same issue as RagingLunacy, then yes, I'd suggest un-styling at least the spoiler tags. If you want to keep your different styles- you'll have to look at the BB code editor in detail.

Simple example- I bolded 'spoiler' here and it shows up as two spoiler tags once saved

This is what the BB Code editor shows you:

The tags should not be around spoiler- any styling should be done inside the spoiler and they need to be closed properly and edited properly between:

If you didn't use spoiler- can you give an example of what you're seeing exactly?
You are my savior. Marry me.

Legendary Fiction

ok. in SIdaura's profile, i found a post that did weird stuff. I did an indented intro paragraph at first. Then it seems, it turned into a mess. I'd only done stuff on this post, in the normal editor and not the 'use BBCode Editor'.

Code:
[U][SIZE=6][COLOR=#b30000][B]Knowledge[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/U]
[INDENT][COLOR=#000000]Since leaving home, her main focus has been on improving her hunting and survival skills in the wild, self defense in the cities, exploring, and finding a more permanent place to keep her things. Home does not seem quite like a word she is comfortable with at the moment.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8puTUvl.png[/IMG] [/COLOR][/INDENT]
so here yeah, I have color and an image in the indented part.
It got wonkier later, though...

Code:
[CENTER][SIZE=4][U][COLOR=rgb(179, 0, 0)][B][COLOR=rgb(89, 0, 179)][I][U]Combat Skills:[/U][/I][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/U]
[COLOR=rgb(179, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(89, 0, 179)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]quarterstaff[/B] - [COLOR=#b30000]average[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(179, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(89, 0, 179)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]hunting bow[/B] - [COLOR=#b30000]good[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(179, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(89, 0, 179)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]knife [/B]- [COLOR=#b30000]average[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
I'd never even HAD it do the rgb color before. and it doesnt need all those color tags. it just like, kept tagging previous colors, and then changed to a new one, and continued on. This is similar to what I'd fixed in the post after this example; colors stacked inside colors I assume because the first one was used earlier and considered like a master color or something.

But I'd not used spoiler tags. So this because of the indent tag earlier?

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
so here yeah, I have color and an image in the indented part.
It got wonkier later, though...

Code:
[CENTER][SIZE=4][U][COLOR=rgb(179, 0, 0)][B][COLOR=rgb(89, 0, 179)][I][U]Combat Skills:[/U][/I][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/U]
[COLOR=rgb(179, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(89, 0, 179)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]quarterstaff[/B] - [COLOR=#b30000]average[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(179, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(89, 0, 179)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]hunting bow[/B] - [COLOR=#b30000]good[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(179, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(89, 0, 179)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]knife [/B]- [COLOR=#b30000]average[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
THis is an interesting thing to happen