Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Fundraiser] The in-between place - The Fairgrounds

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Good day, one and all.

No RP?
We've all been there; logging into the server, entirely empty or very full, and looking for casual RP, yet not finding any either way.
It is a problem that we may all face at some time; there being no way to 'just rp', for us veterans as well as us new players.
An issue hard to tackle.

This issue is persistent, but it can't be solved easily.
Nobody can force someone to RP with another, or include them in their group.
Nobody can force folks to be online every day to organize dailies at the expense of their own precious time and health.
Nor can we host events often enough; there is always going to be downtime.

Some folks don't mind the downtime and have things to do, like building their region or having a nice group of friends to RP with.
Not all of us do, though. And for those of us who want to fill that void of not finding a connection with others at times, we've come up with this idea.

After a long conversation, we've come up with a passive solution.
It doesn't require folks to be active, nor to push themselves into a burnout, nor does it oblige people to attend.
This passive side of the solution is very important because A LOT of people are already actively doing A LOT to accommodate everyone.
And I thank you all for your incredible energy to keep organizing these daily, weekly, and sporadic adventures!
The server runs on your sweat (and tears), you gorgeous people.

So, What is this passive solution?
It's the in-between place.
It is a place that has things in it that draws people to it and entertains them long enough for other folks to also go there and then; they meet and they can RP!
Why run around aimlessly, bouncing over fences, being generally bored, when you can have fun at that one in-between place during your in-between time?

So, this in-between-place... What does it have that draws people in?
Well, I'm glad you asked.

IC Minigames like archery, jousting, blackjack, etc.
OOC Minigames like parkour, boat/horse races, mazes, etc.
A tavern where everyone is welcome and only friendly violence will be tolerated.
(The goal of the tavern is to take RP outside and explore new towns once you found company, we'll find a way to encourage that)

And much more; do you have suggestions? Tell us!

To make this place a reality, we need the 3 F's:
Funds to buy plots from generous donators - send them to Bartooliinii and leave a screenshot here for documentation.
Friends with ideas for minigames who can build them in the region.
Feel-good enthusiasm. We want yes-sayers. Folks with ideas!

Help us alleviate some of the problems of the in-between time in a passive way.
Be a yes-sayer and help create some harmless fun during downtimes.

DISCLAIMER: Although we came up with this idea in a staff chat, I'm approaching this as a player.
This is therefore not a staff initiative as such.
Server Outreach / Events may be involved down the line if they see any potential they want to hook onto.

For now, it's all in the hands of you and me.
So let's make this a success story!
[
THE FAIRGROUNDS]

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Do reply if you feel like you want to be involved with building anything at the site that could contribute to creating this passive in-between place where folks can hang out and have fun. An easy way to find RP. Let's make this a community thing where folks can contribute in any way they like :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Super!

The way I intend for folks to move out of the region once a group has formed there is to put up advertisement books about other towns, with the way to get to that town, its features, and some basic information :) I'll put up a thread later to ask town-owners for descriptions once that time comes :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
1697133626303.png
Since the place didn't really take off and I became rather inactive when I was still building it, I've refunded the generous donations of TagTeamChampion Fronslin and Catalyst
Thank you for your faith in me, and have fun with the cash :)