Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

General Hrothgar SharpPick I-The Dwarven Warrior's Tale

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Hrothgar SharpPick, General of the Dwarven Army, is from the small town of Ascension Heights, however he lived most of his life in Skara_Brae.Now he lives in Karuk-Thol, after discovering it on his travels. Being a powerful dwarf warrior, he commands the dwarven army, and is usually hunting the bandits of the Southern Wilds.

Appearance:

A muscular, and tall (for a Dwarf) warrior, only reaching 4'2", wears his Dwarven star armour, he carries his Dwarven Pick (Cerebrum Ruina). His hair is tucked into his helmet, however his beard ,of average length and plaited, adopts a dark brown, auburn colour.

Personality:
Hrothgar is usually a kind, but firm, character, and he is always willing to help one in need of help. However, he can be a bit quick-tempered, and is known to easily start a pub brawl. He is a brave, courageous warrior, and one not to be messed with.

Star Iron Armor:
Hrothgar attained his Star Armour relatively soon before the Battle of Ascension_Heights. It was hand forged by his father, Hioghan SharpPick II, cast out of the dwarven material; star iron. It is incredibly strong, and can withstand many fatal blows. Stronger than diamond itself, Hrothgar also wields his Battle-Pick, also crafted by his father. It also carries the spirit of his father, which gives him the grand Silk Touch enchantment.

Weaknesses:
Hrothgar has few weaknesses. Being a mortal Dwarf, his capabilities in battle are what has kept him alive. However, Hrothgar is unable to swim, as his parents never had the time to teach him, and so whenever he is close to water he gets rather tense and upset. However, in addition to this, his height lacks advantage.

Other People:
Hrothgar generally gets on well with others. However, he dislikes Elves as the two races (Dwarves and Elves) continue to fight with each other as they grow amongst Altera, however, when both need each other, they get along (for a while). He gets along extremely well with those of his own race, and some humans, however, Hrothgar strongly hates the western humans for what they did to his parents and homeland.

General Hrothgar SharpPick I
Hrothgar was crowned General of the Dwarven Army when he was 56, after defeating many of the evil creatures the demons had summoned. He now leads the army into many battles, and works alongside the Great Dwarf King.

Hrothgar SharpPick, I remember those days, ha, t'was such a long time ago, when me Mam and Dad were still walking....

I was born and raised in what is now Ascenion_Heights, when it used to be the Dwarven Stronghold. My Mam and Dad were major citizen's of the area, and my Dad was the greatest dwarven warrior within the land. I had several dwarven friends, many being the same age, I remember we used to play in the cobbled streets with our wooden picks...Ah,those were the days. Anyways, when Mam and Dad had a day off or two, they would take me and some of my friends to warstrom arena, where we would watch the fights and place bets on who we thought would win. It was a great life, and I admired my Dad very much, he was Hioghan SharpPick, the greatest battle warrior, and whenver he went to battle with invading towns, I knew he would always come back safely....but then one day...

I was about 15 when it happened. We were now living in the main stronghold of the dwarven stronghold known as Ironhelme and my Dad had been promoted to Battle Commander Dwarf. I was so proud of him...Whenever he had time, he would take me to Warstrom training grounds and teach me his tricks, and one of these days, I gained my Armor*.

*Gaining Armor in Dwarfhood is the major rite of passage a dwarf goes through in becoming a man/warrior.

My Dad helped me pick all the things out, most of it was Star Iron, the rarest material lately discovered by the Dwarves. it was as hard as Bedrock, and as light as feathers, and it all fitted me perfectly. My helmet was my favorite piece of armor,it was made of pure diamond, and served me well in many battles-I designed it myself,with my Dad, he was great at armor design and crafting-anyways, it was after that day, after I got my armor, was when ascension finally fell.

My Dad was in the battle, he was at the front, with his hammer, smashing his way through, meanwhile, I was an archer on top of the Hill, shooting the back line of horsemen. My Mam was with me, she was Archery Commandswoman, her bow skills were one of the best, hence the reason for her title. The start of the battle the dwarves had the upper hand, it was only after they released the Demon that the tides changed.

The Demon-a pure shadow of evil-rose up high above Ascension, coating it with fire. the distraction cause my mother's loss. She got shot by an archer on the opposite hill.....

"Hrothgar!"She wimpered loudly for someone who's dying.
"Mam!" I cried, rushing towards her.
"Hrothgar, run, run for your life, go to the Armory, pick up Hamth, (he was my best mate at the time) and flee fo Skara Brae, there you will meet a friend of ours, tell him what's happened" That was the last sentance I ever heard from my Mam. She was always a quite person, but always was there when needed.

And so, I unsheaved my Pick from my back, and headed to the armory. It was a short jog down the cobbled stairs to the underground shoppes, over the glass bridge which beneath flew a long, river of Lava, dwarf-made centuries ago. Finally, I reached the Armory, where, Hamth was there, smelting more Star Iron for more weapons. He was a year older-but his father, the mayor of Ironhelme at the time, disallowed him from fighting-to his disappoint.

"Hamth, my Mam is dead, we need to flee to Skara before Ironhelme is lifted-my Mam said there is someone there that ill help us!"
"What mate? You can't expect me to leave my family!" Hamth replied, confused slightly.
"Hamth, if we don't leave now your parents will be leaving-and not in a nice way!" I hated to say it, but sometimes the truth hurts.
"Get yor things and let's go! We don't have long. we need to take the undergound tunnel back round to the stables-from there we will take a horse onwards to Port Silver, then a ship to Skara_Brae." I grabbed a few loaves of bread and some porkchop, then flipped the rucksack on my back-over my armor.
"What? Mate, NO! What's ahppened to you!" he shouted.
"Hamth, WE NEED TO GO!"
"ARGGGHHHHH!!!"A scream erupted from the gates, as there was Hamth's Father being stabbed by the captain of the attackers.
"DAD NO!!!!!" Hamth screamed, as he watched his father die....

It was after we reached Skara when i saw the poster:

Hioghan SharpPick,
A Dwarven Warrior,Friend, Next Mayor of Ironhelme,
Was killed In actionwhile fighting for the defense of Dwarven Stronghold
Ironhelme.

I cried the rest of that night. My one hero,idol,Dad....was dead.

A year later...
Hamth and I were getting on in Skara_Brae. The mayor of Skara had kindly taken us in, and after a whil we settled, made new friends and built our houses. we were now major citizens of Skara, and great friends of the mayor, who was great friends himself with our parents. Me and Hamth were the last Dwarves from Skara, and many respected that, remembering how strong and powerful we were, but noone realised my true potential...

Another Year Later.....
Hamth was dead. The New Mayor of what was now founded Ascenion_Heights had him assasinated, he put spies in most of the towns in altera. I was sure he was aiming for me next...the last dwarf...the last warrior.
It was that day in Warstrom Arena, I went to rememeber the great times I used to have with my parents and friends, when I got called up to fight. I'd only ever practised before with my Dad, but now it was real, I was actually fighting. My opponent was the current record holder-with a score of 18 wins to 0 losses. I had no chance....

Skara_Braeian Dwarf-last alive...
Beat warstrom Record Holder...
At Epic Fight...

I Don't know how I did it...
The commentators there, I think Arkkaine was one of them...I'm not sure.....but they mentioned my skill and speed compared to my competetor's. Back then we were allowed weapons and armor, and I can recall it was a long battle, my competetor sure did deserve his title. It was pure luck that I won, most of the fights my opponent had one had taken seconds, but we had been fighting for at least two hours.

"Your Good SharpPick, just like a Ninja..." That's where my name came from....He said I was too fast to get a hit at, and too short-a great Dwarven advantage i tell ye.

Now I be livin' at the Grand Fortress of Karuk-Thol, leading the army as General, it be a good life. I often 'av a beer with the King when he's not busy, and it's good to be getting along with others of my race. I still grief for my family and the people of Ascenion, but I know that cannot be changed.

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Elven Hatred: Explanation of General Hrothgar's Actions in the Southern Wilds

Hrothgar had always hated the elves. Ever since the day of his parents death, he had grown a strong hate towards them, and their entire race. The elves of course had always been rivals with the Dwarves, with friction between to the two races forever growing. But Hrothgar, he had a stronger hate. He knew what the elves could really be like, and had seen them in action. For years he had been working for the Dwarf King/s, in several fortresses as he travelled across Altera, and as he lead many an army into battle he always thought of the damage the elves caused. The Southern Wilds, once a vast land of Dwarven Territory, is now a vast overgrown forest, controlled by the bandits of Altera and the few travellers who survived. This happened because of the Elves' dislike to the Dwarves' forever expanding empire, and their jealousy overtook them. Over several decades, the Elves launched several attacks of the Dwarven fortresses, slowly depleting them one by one. Eventually, the Dwarves had dispersed to the East and West, building stronger and newer fortresses. The South was abandoned, for the Elves had no need for land, and was left to waste away. Hrothgar had always remembered this, and began to forge the idea of reclaiming his race's land. He started to build a small fortress for himself atop a mountain overlooking the lost temple of the Southern Wilds, and began to expand his plan of reclaim. Known throughout the Dwarven empire, he began to speak to his race, informing them of what was their great might and power. Collecting Dwarven members to help reclaim the land, Hrothgar is now set on another plan of his own, which will severely help to his plan of reclaim.

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Finding Karuk-Thol

Hrothgar was never a born sailor. After sailing for nearly sixteen days he approached a vast mountainous area covered in snow, and he desperately needed to get on land. After trekking to the midland of the area, Hrothgar noticed a ring of mountains, and a bright source of light coming from the side of one of them. Curious to see some civilisation, as he had been travelling for several years by himself after leaving Skara_Brae in hope of finding other Dwarves or survivors of the battle of Ascension_Heights, Hrothgar headed up to climb the mountain.

After several hours of painful jumping and climbing, Hrothgar eventually hauled himself up to a large ledge in the side of the mountain. After surveying the area, he noticed a large bridge connecting several mountains together, and a hot-air balloon attached to the point where they connected.

"Ae know a Dwarven Bridge when ae see one!" Hrothgar muttered to himself excitedly.

After several more hours of climbing he finally reached the edge of one of the bridges, and after heaving himself onto it, he looked around.

There, was the most beautiful scene Hrothgar had seen in a long while. A ring of snow capped mountains, with a large Dwarven Fortress carved into the sides of them, connected with long, beautifully crafted bridges. Awestruck, Hrothgar fell to his knees, and cried.

For years he had travelled and lived alone in hope of one day finding another of his kind. Now, here he was, standing in the middle of a large fortress, full of Dwarves.

A young Dwarf came up to him, and patted his shoulder, "Are yer alright mate?" He asked, wary of what Hrothgar's reaction might be. He then called over to a mate of his, who was working on mining out another entrance to the fortress, to call the King and tell him there's a newcomer. He then looked back at Hrothgar, and helped him up. Hrothgar, still crying slightly, sniffed and looked up to the short bearded fellow and simply said,

"I...I'm home."

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
General Hrothgar SharpPick: Grand Dwarven Promotion.

Hrothgar had always wanted to be like his dad. A great Dwarven Warrior, feared by many, and always inspiring other Dwarves. Hrothgar was good with his Pick, the Cerebrum Reina, and his armour was one of the best sets, but as he had travelled and lived in a fairly remote area, he had never been able to use them in a true battle. Of course, when he had settled into Karuk-Thol, he was reassigned his role as sergeant in the Dwarven Army, but never was he able to show his true skill. However, one day, a message was given by the High Dwarf King. Rumor of several bandits and pirates were jealous of the Dwarves' gold, and were planning an ambush on the Fortress. Hrothgar knew that this was his chance to show his might. On the night of the attack, Hrothgar helped fight the bandits and pirates, all who were extremely skilled in battle due to their extreme weaponry and armour. However, as the Dwarves fought, a large scream came from the front, the current Dwarven general was shot by one of the Pirates' pistols. he was rushed back into the fortress, and the Dwarves scattered, and were without a leader. Hrothgar shifted his helmet and poured to the front of the battle. There he roared commands to the Dwarves, reforming them and taking control. Still fighting several bandits, he constructed a formation of defence, and slowly the bandits began to retreat. The battle was shorter than most, but there were many casualties, as it ended, Hrothgar was greeted by the High Dwarf King, and received praise for taking control in the hour of need.

The next day, he was awakened by the sound of his redstone alarm, alerting him someone had entered his hall. There was a small woman, one of the King's servants.

"Quick Hrothgar! The King wants to see you in the Throne Hall! Get your armour on now!"

He quickly got changed and followed the woman into the grand Throne Hall. There was the King sat on his throne holding his axe. A large audience watched as Hrothgar entered, and he wondered what was going on.

Suddenly, trumpets roared. Hrothgar jumped as the Dwarven flags came down and the King indicated him to walk down the aisle. Still with no idea what was going on, Hrothgar obeyed, and slowly walked down the aisle. As he reached the end, the King stood up, and began to speak. The crowd were silenced, and the music slowly stopped.

"Hrothgar SharpPick! You have shown great dedication, courage, strength, commander-ship and ability in the current battle with the bandits. You have done well, and as a result of this and the casualty of the previous General, Legorth, I hereby announce you General Hrothgar SharpPick I, general of the Dwarven Army!"

The crowd roared, the trumpets began to resume and Hrothgar suddenly realised what had happened. Still a little light-headed, he bowed and then gave his Helmet and Pick to be stamped with the Dwarven General mark. The King then indicated that he sit next to him, as large tables were brought in, and the giant feast began.

Hrothgar had done it.

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
The Southern Wilds: Mislead

Hrothgar sat on his bench while smoking, looking out to the amazing view of the vast jungle, coated with leaves and vines. His base, high upon the jungle mountains gave him a beautiful view of the Temple, and it's great surroundings. Hrothgar had been living there for quite a while. He grew tired, drousy, and even more quick-tempered. The Bandits had mislead him. For a long time he believed he could gain his revenge on the elves for killing his parents and destroying his hometown, and during this time the bandits had just been using him. His base, still hidden from the people who dared enter the wilds, stood over several bandit camps, the people Hrothgar once thought were friends.

He was wrong.

Keros, a great friend of Hrothgar's was busy in his survival camp in Eden, collecting some raw material for his fellow villagers. It was busy, with houses and farms dotted around the area. However, none of them noticed the several bandits who watched from the shadows, preparing their equipment. Hrothgar was with them, he noticed many an elf walking in and out of the village, and glared at them with hate. Hrothgar had never hated anyone but the elves, for he had reason. Suddenly, the bandits moved. They sneaked into the village and started setting up their TNT bombs and flint and tinder. Soon enough, the village became a series of explosions and fires, with many a villager screaming and shouting, fleeing for their lives. Hrothgar stood there, watching as the last TNT bomb set off. With a load bang, the side of a house erupted. Keros then saw him. Hrothgar had always liked Keros, for they got on well, but never had he seen him like this. Keros just stared at him, then ran.

Several days later, the bandits betrayed Hrothgar. They were using his hate for the elves to conquer the Wilds. Hrothgar hid in his base, staying away from everyone, unknown of what he could do. It was only when he was in Port Silver buying some food, did he see Keros once again. he saw him, and collapsed in tears. Hrothgar was never a man to cry, and this was a first, excluding the time his parents died. Keros stared at him and said "Why?". Hrothgar sniffed "My family...my home...why would they do this? What have I done?" Hrothgar sniffed again, and could not bring himself to stand.

"Hrothgar. I understand. What's done is done. You must amend your ways. Help us."
Hrothgar looked up, "H...h...How?"
"You can help us win back the Wilds. Help us be rid of the bandits" Keros offered a hand to Hrothgar. Again, he looked up, wiped his face with his dirty linen garment, and then shook.

Bean/Benijim

Loyal Servant of Altera
Sadly the "many an elf" was me and my rp guy was killed by Hrothgar and his bandits several days later...

Bean/Benijim

Loyal Servant of Altera
I can be friends if you help me re-build the Miners Haven in Eden as a wedding gift for kk and PeculiarGuy. :D

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Dwarven Tales: After the Exodus
Hrothgar picked himself up from the floor. As he did, the shreds of his armour clattered as they shuffled around his body, He brushed off the piles of dirt gathered on his body, and dazedly looked around. T’was a normal morning, so it seemed, birds singing and the landscape scattered with trees, rivers and hills. Hrothgar looked down at his armour, ‘Bah, that wer one o’ me best sets!’ he thought to himself as he picked up his helmet off the floor. Despite the various dents and scratches, Hrothgar pulled it on his head, and looked at his Pick. Half the handle was snapped, and a large piece was missing from the edge of one side. Hrothgar sheathed it as best he could in his belt, and then started to search the area. He had no idea what had happened to him, and where he was. All he remembers was that he was having a pint in the Karuk-Thol tavern when suddenly a large rumble came from the ceiling. The roof collapsed and then...blank.

After several days of searching and travelling, Hrothgar had still to find any other means of civilisation. However, after a week, while he was tackling a wolf in the large western forest, he saw a glowing light coming from outside the forest. The next day after following the light, Hrothgar came across then camp.

There were many a tent pinned to the ground around the large campfire, the source of light Hrothgar had seen in the forest. Many walked around minding their own business, cooking or forging weapons. Overlooking the camp was a humongous portal, stone brick carved to the finest detail, decorated with the most valuable blocks. Armour and such scattered the area around it, Evidence of the disasters Altera must’ve had.

Hrothgar looked behind him, and saw a girl he had once met. He definitely recognized her, for he remembered her eyes. He walked up to her, scratching his beard.
“...Luna? What...what ‘as happened?”
The girl turned around, and looked at him. She smiled with joy and then replied.
“Hrothgar? Thank god you’re safe! We thought we’d lost you! We couldn’t find you for Betty’s beard! Altera.....it has been destroyed....The Exodus...” Luna stuttered, and Hrothgar signalled her to hush.
“Ae be alright, child. What about the rest of the Dwarves? King Lars? Rosa? I hope they be safe too. Ae can only remember when a ewer ‘avin’ a pint with Lars an’ then the fortress begins to fall down, then...nought.”
“I’m sorry, Hrothgar....not all made it... Rosa and Lars are in the main tent, having dinner. But...not everyone made it here...Many roam this land lost, so we’re trying to send as many search parties as we can to find any others who got lost.”
“Ach that be a great shame. I must go and ‘av a look around an’ see what be goin’ on ‘round ‘ere. Ae’ll see yer soon, Luna. Ae wish yer well.”
“Farewell, Hrothgar.” Luna smiled, and then skipped off to the nearby tent.

Hrothgar grinned and then walked off to the main tent, and clambered in. There was a large table, filled with all races of Altera, scarred and battered. At the end sat King Lars, his beard dirty and overgrown, cloak torn and stained. As Horhtgar entered, silence began to fill the tent. Then, Lars stood up and said,
“Ah! Hrothgar, yer made it. Good job! Now get down ‘ere an’ ‘av a pint!”

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
A Series of Dwarven Tales: King Hrothgar SharpPick

'Twas a Sunday, the great sun overlooked the magnificent architecture which Thraall had begun to build. Dwarves roamed around, busy collecting materials, harvesting barley, mining out the mountain, and building the great walls of Thraall. Hrothgar watched over in the Grand Hall of Thraall as he watched his city grow. It had been several months since he found himself sprawled across the floor of the Exodus portal, and ever since his never ending quest to find the remaining Dwarves had begun. Thraall had grown incredibly quickly, with the walls almost complete, and a large bridge, although obliterated at the end, still available for use. The great Thraall Airship clung to the edges of the broken bridge, as it continued to transport materials to and from other cities in Altera. Hrothgar smiled to himself as he stood looking out from the great glass window. The sun slowly came to set, and Hrothgar pulled out his flask, and sat down on his throne. Tired, he slowly sipped the ale as he watched the Dwarves of Thraall pack up for the night...

"General! News from the capital! You need to come, quick!" Hrothgar's courier, Jungar shook him as he awoke.
"Huh? What? Ugh...." Hrothgar rubbed his eyes and reshuffled his helmet back on his head. He lifted himself out of his throne, and walked outside.

The shock of the sunlight made Hrothgar wince as he exited the Hall, Jungar kept tugging on his clothes, pulling him towards the airship. "Come on!! Quickly! It's important!" Hrothgar grunted, "Hmph, whatever...this be'er be good..."

As the two climbed onto the Airship, Jungar told the pilot to take them to the Capital, where they would meet Lord Lars.

(Part 2 Coming soon.)