Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Glowing Rose Lore~

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wakerman4

Log:
Font Family - OOC
Italic Font Family - William O'malley
Bold Font Family - Gromm

Hello.
My name is William O'malley, and I have dedicated most of my childhood to writing and looking after rare Roses, found rarely across Altera...I will write now, in this journal what I have learnt.
This is extremely rare, so I shall tell you this:
DO NOT LET THIS GO INTO THE WRONG HANDS.

Glowing Roses:
Upon Altera, there are three such Glowing Roses.
The Red Glowing Rose, the most common, constantly growing where love is found.
The Blue Glowing Rose, hard to find, and used by many alchemists.
The Green Glowing Rose, holding a power beyond wizards can imagine.

Lets start with a Red Glowing Rose, as this will tell us much more about Glowing Roses in a whole.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Red Glowing Rose:

When I first found the Red Glowing Rose, it did not glow. I mistook it for a common and simple red Rose, found all over Altera.
It was only when I found something I never expected in life...the glowing began.

Red Glowing Roses are easier to find then the others.
The most simple fact about the rare Glowing Rose, is that it glows. How? Well read on, dear reader.

Glowing:
The Red Glowing Rose has a unique power to, well, glow.
No one quite found this out, apart from the rare few. In fact, the Rose will ONLY Glow, when two people, whom both love each other with no quarrel are nearby.
When they show this love, by a hug, kiss, or even just a simple holding of hands, the Rose will glow brighter.
It seems the Rose can only glow to a certain limit, only enough to light up a room with it's glowing bud.

The Glowing Rose, so it seems, will only glow when two people, be it a King and Queen, or two lost peasants, love each other are nearby.
This Rose only seems to glow for love. The reason of this is unknown, but nature would never create such a gift......would it?
I only found this out when I took the rose from my garden and put it in a pot on my window. Thinking it looked nice....when I showed my love, whom I am not married to yet, it began to glow.
Both me and my love were amazed by it's beauty. . .I had to do more research.

Growth:
Glowing Roses only seem to grow more Roses after glowing. While glowing, it seems to give off tiny tiny seeds, that don't move very far from itself. The Roses only grow through glowing...well...love. Without love for a certain amount of time (two months), the Rose will wither and die.
It consumes a little more water then needed though, storing it.
The glowing is caused by the flower and bud, which both consume water, to glow brighter. When ran out, it will continue to glow, but dimly.

After the unexpected glowing of the Rose, I woke up the next morning to see two more flowers had grown in the pot. At first, I thought this was a joke, but it seems not. I took the pot to the garden and planted all three in the garden.
They still seemed to glow when I was thinking of my love.

Moonlight:
The Roses seem to glow more in the full moon, for it's moonlight.

I myself have no idea how it works, but it was a full moon last night, and the three Roses lit up my entire garden while my love sat with me.
It was amazing. Was this an act of nature, or magic?

Habitat:
The Glowing Roses like the shade of an oak tree or a birch tree, and will gladly grow under one of these two. It is not clear why this happens. But it makes sense for the Blue Glowing Rose (read on).

Where It Came From:
No one in Altera has a clue. It's not normal to have 'A Glowing Rose' in your garden that only glows when love in around, understood...
Was it a gift from the nature goddess herself? A love-crazed wizard? No one is really sure...

It still confuses me.
Where did this flower come from? My grandmother speaks of simply finding these flowers growing under our birch tree in a field one day, so she simply dug one up, and put it in our garden. So how did it get under the Birch tree?
This flower is shrouded with mystery, and I'm not sure I enjoy it....

Magic:
There is no magic involved in this. Only nature and the way the flower has grown.
The Red Glowing Rose does, though, power the Green Glowing Rose's 'power' perfectly (read on).

I got our towns alchemist and wizard to come to our home and inspect this flower.
The wizard took no interest in it. "It's clearly not magic" he said with some anger....but he's always angry. The alchemist however, said he'd like to take one. So I let him.
He came back to me the next day....

Alchemy:
It's typical that Alchemist would acquire a Glowing Rose for any reason.
There are many mystery's behind this flower, but this does not concern the potion-maker. Potions created by mixing this Rose with other herbs as such are amazing.

Red Glowing Rose + Fire Daisy = Potion of Health and curing illness.
Red Glowing Rose + Grace Lily = Help Bones Growth Potion.
Red Glowing Rose + Holy Leaf + Grace Lily = DarkBlood detect*
Red Glowing Rose +Elven Poison Mushroom = A very strong poison...

The Alchemist came back to me...
He did many tests with the Rose until it had been totally used. Simply, but mixing this flower with other flowers, he had created potions beyond imagination.
The greedy bugger wanted another, even offered 50 radiants. I refused, because there was only two more....and my love liked them.

*DarkBlood detect is a Potion created by the Sisterhood. Giving it to a simple person, it would have no effect. Though if a DarkBlood drank this potion, he/she/it will begin Glowing as the blood hits the potion. This is caused by an insane chain of chemical reactions.

Love And Other Mortal Stuff:
As a perfect gift to anyone, the Glowing Rose make a excellent gift for a lover.
For as one gives, it would glow, showing beauty. And for the Mortals in Altera, beauty (which is an illusion) is everything.

Better take note.
Five more Roses were found in my garden, new flowers, all growing in under a week.
Still not giving any to the Alchemist. But I did remove one.
I took it and went to my loves home, and as she answered, I held out a Glowing Rose to her. You know, even without it's roots.....
...It still glows.
I am amazed at this flower....it is truly amazing.

Smell:
It smells like a Rose.

Taste:
Why would you eat a flower? This isn't the Elder Scrolls series!

Sound:
It's a Rose....not a goose.

Sight:
Really? There's a PICTURE at the top of the screen!

Touch:
...I'll let William answer this one.

It's amazing. I took this for a normal flower, a normal Rose, in my garden.
It feels like a normal rose....it looked like one too! Then it glowed!
The best sight on Altera.

It Knows:
The Rose knows when you plan something for your love. It will sense that you have planned something. And it will glow in an odd way....like half of it is glowing, the other half isn't.

I am going to purpose to my love, with Glowing Roses around us.
But they know! It's like the flowers are staring at me. And half-glowing....
And...it's scary in a way. They don't have minds, they are flowers, but it seems....
...it's like they are alive.

Are The Roses Alive:
In a way, yes. Not like we know, with organs and blood. All flowers are lives, growing and dying. But the Glowing Rose is a little more advanced. It can sense danger, love, even shyness. It can detect a lot of things....for it's own well-being.
If it could move, it'd like to trick us and play games....but it can't move, thank Korog.

The Glowing Roses didn't glow at first.
They waited until I asked her. Then they glowed brighter then stars at night.
And of course....she said yes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Blue Glowing Rose:

The Blue Glowing Rose is extremely rare to get hold of. And it holds very magical properties....yet it isn't magic.

I went into my garden today and found something....something that changed this whole research upside down.

What Is A Blue Glowing Rose:
A Blue Glowing Rose is not different from a Red Glowing Rose....the Blue Rose only holds slight differences. The reason for this?
The Blue Rose used to be it's Red Cousin, in the same life.

Growth:
A Red Glowing Rose grows over love, of course, and gives off seeds when glowing.
Well...
The Blue Glowing Rose used to be a Red Glowing Rose.
How? If a Red Glowing Rose is in shade of an oak tree, and has very strong love around it, then it will need to glow brighter then normal.
To do this, it must evolve (yes like a Pokemon). By a hard process of changing it's colour to Blue. This happens by a chemical reaction of water and many of the Glowing Roses inside liquids (which are unnamed and unknown).
As it turns blue, the bud also grows slightly.
In doing so, the Blue Glowing Rose can glow brighter and give off more seeds for Red Glowing Roses. Like a mother-rose.

Under a Oak Tree in our garden, was a Blue Rose. I tested it, and it still glows, but BRIGHTER.
I told my love, whom I am soon to marry...and she came to have a look.
At the full moon, the Red Glowing Roses glowed, but they were overwhelmed, or, beaten, by this new flower.
I don't understand how this happened....but nor do I want to.
The Blue Glowing Rose is the best gift anyone could ask for.
(so he thinks).

Rare:
The Blue Glowing Rose has 7% chance of being created without help.
If there is love and of course, an Oak Tree around, it has a 20% chance of being made.

Alchemy:
Most Alchemists spend their lives looking for this Blue Glowing Rose. They do not know what properties this holds (they have the same as a Red Glowing Rose).

Word got out, and that Alchemist came back.
I refused. Never would I give up a gift like this. Then I caught him trying to sneak into our garden. . .never should anyone steal from the O'malley family.
Never.
He didn't make it out the garden. The Roses didn't like my act, but it had to be done. To protect them. When my love came, they glowed again....at least these Roses don't hold grudges.

Magic:
There is no magic in the Blue Glowing Roses.
Though they are the main source of energy for the Green Glowing Roses 'power'.

Other Stuff:
There isn't much else to Blue Glowing Roses. But they are fun to collect, or even an award to find. They would be sold for handsome money to an Alchemist.

I'm going to have to find many of these Blue Glowing Roses for the wedding...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The wedding is in a week, and the Roses know I am up to something. I've gone to traders around Altera, and bought all the Roses and Blue Roses I could find.
Then I planted them all in an abandoned temple I found...
I got my family to help me make it like a church. My brother, Sevrince, who I don't see much of, gave me quite a big 'well done' for finding these flowers.
She loves nature. So it makes a lot of sense.
We set it up, the Roses were ready...

On the day of the wedding, there was not a more beautiful sight.
As she entered, all the millions of flowers glowed. It was...amazing. The best wedding anyone could ask for.
And it's all because of these flowers. Mind blowing, eye boggling flowers.

I thought it was all done. What's known is known. I had the biggest Rose collection in Altera in that temple.
Time passed, I have two kids now, Bryce and Rox, my wife, my love...but I spend so much more time looking after these Roses...
A trader, who supplied me with many Roses, contacted me.
He said he had found a Rose from an exotic Nakat adventurer, and bought it. If I paid the radiants, I could have a Green Glowing Rose.

The Green Glowing Rose:

The Green Glowing Rose is unique, and not the same as the Red Rose or the Blue Rose. Instead, it is totally different.
Like a difference between a Polar Bear and a Cave Bear, this Rose comes from another part of Altera...yet it's 'power' needs the other Roses to power it.
Another fact....the Green Glowing Roses are 4X smaller then normal Roses.

I ran to the trading post and bought this Rose.
Then took it to the Temple.

Growth:
No one knows.....since these Roses are hard to find, and such a small size, they are hard to find. So no one can really watch/see them grow when they are alone.

*Written scruffy and quickly*
Life is calling...
Both my children, Rox and Bryce have ran away, mad with magick. I don't know what to do any more, the love I used to have is gone, and the Roses are dimming. I am losing my mind to madness, and don't know how to react. My wife...she's....I don't know...
...she's not what I once knew. Of course I'm angry about it....
...I must quit my research and go after my children. My wife....she threatens to leave.
Let her.
*Tear drops can be seen on the page*
I'm sorry Roses....I must leave you.
*The Journal was left in the temple*

Lands Far Far Away:
The Green Glowing Roses come from the far far West of Altera, in a Arctic-like environment. Though, if the Rose is taken away, it will still live.
Traders and adventurers have been told to get the Green Glowing Roses on sight, for they are sold for about 1'000 radiants a petal.

Ack...
Alright. I've read all 'tis...and found 'ta temple...
From what 'ta bloke said, it used 'ta be full of Roses, but because he's gone, many 'ave died. So when I came 'ere with Eala, 'dey all started 'ta glow and live again.
I'm go'in 'ta do a lot of research on 'ta Green Glowing Rose...since I 'ave it 'ere, and it's nev'ah been used before.

-Gromm Wake

Glowing:
The Green Glowing Rose glows less then the Red Glowing Rose, that puts many lovers off. But the 'Power' is a great answer to this.

The Great Power:
All through this lore, I've mentioned that the other two flowers 'give energy' this Roses 'power'.
Well...the Rose, does indeed, have a power, that's not magic, but a unique power that only the two people most in love can do.
This power has only been seen by a rare few in Altera.
Here is how it works: when two are in deep love, they have the opportunity to see how much they love each other. Some argue they don't need to, but it's still a nice sight.
You must have a large place with many Blue Glowing Roses and Red Glowing Roses, such as William O'malley's old temple. Inside, you must get one of the lovers to crush the Green Glowing Rose in their hand.
This causes an unexplainable amount of reactions. Water mix in the liquids, the bud is crushed while glowing, and petals crushing into each other.
No wizard alive can explain what happened's, but the end result is:
A gas is realised. Many call it a drug. Some call it a poison.
But the fact is, this 'gas' is called Love. Not any old love, but the force, the power, the love, itself.
You can SEE love!
To the normal eye, love is purple. In a nakat's eye, it might be yellow, but in a normal persons eye, it's a purple mist.
Depending on how much one loves the other depends on how much mist is produced into the area.

*Written recently, 24th (march), Season of Birth.*
Ack...
Well I tested 'tis out...not really a normal test, but more of a visit. I moved all 'ta Roses to a garden near an old home of mine, deep in a forest.
I took Raisa 'dere.
And I told her 'ta crush 'ta Green Glowing Rose in her hand. As she did, Purple mist filled up 'ta entire forest.
It was....amaz'in, I've nev'ah seen any'thin like it. All 'ta Red and Blue Roses glowed madly in 'ta Mist...
...But it wasn't Mist....'tis was Love. 'Ta power, itself, Love. We saw it!
Love is a force, a power all around us, and 'ta Glowing Roses can sense 'tis power and live off it, like a person breathes Oxygen, and a tree 'ta opposite.
It was...'ta best sight any couple in Altera can imagine 'ta see.

-Knight Gromm Wake Elumeril.

The Power Source:
What powers the Green Glowing Rose to do this? Well the Glowing of the Red and Blue Roses. The Glowing gives off some sort of energy that powers the Green Rose to create the mist of, well, Love.
There is no cheating the Roses.

Alchemy:
No one's found out yet. But it may consist of many Love Potions.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*Some notes of William's were found on the back page*
No one can really tell where the Roses came from....and why look it up?
Why waste your life trying to learn?
As far as I am concerned, the Nature Goddess, Shalherana, has gifted us this.
Why should we abuse it?

There is no cheating the Glowing Roses.
Nothing can lie to it, no fake love. It will only glow to true love.
No one. Can lie.

Fun Facts!
-House Elumeril, the word 'Elumeril' is Elven for 'Blue Rose'. Guess what Blue Rose THAT is?

-The First ever RP with a Glowing Rose started when Gromm met Eala. In Gromm's back garden was one of the last Glowing Roses in Altera, dying away, for there was no love at the time.
At the time.

-If an RP char. knows how to, he/she can grow Glowing Roses on the spot, just by talking. It's not magick!

-Elumeril Estate has Roses everywhere. These are ALL Red Glowing Roses. (RP wise, OOC wise, they are just normal. They were planted in secret by the old Gromm).

-Gromm used to have a cafe in Mirage, called 'The Glowing Rose'.

-This Lore was created by Connor Ford (wakerman).
And has been used in MANY Roleplays. If you ask: what use is this to me?
Use your mind. You will find an answer.
-Waker

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
... Semi-magic flowers with mystical abilities.

You need to talk to us for this kinda thing.

This counts as plants with magical or alchemical properties. Tis not cool to just write and publish this kinda stuff.

W

wakerman4

... Semi-magic flowers with mystical abilities.

You need to talk to us for this kinda thing.

This counts as plants with magical or alchemical properties. Tis not cool to just write and publish this kinda stuff.

There is NO magic in this

I posted this to Sally, which was agreed-
I posted this on the Staff section once, it was agreed-
But it was taken OFF the -wiki-.
It was -on- the wiki!

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Did you ever talk to the lore team, such that we could approve/deny/suggest changes?

Like the other "Plants that do things" posts did, Ex, the blood rose?

W

wakerman4

Did you ever talk to the lore team, such that we could approve/deny/suggest changes?

Like the other "Plants that do things" posts did, Ex, the blood rose?

...Plants, Animal Breeds, Fabrics, Dyes, Woods and Stains: Unrestricted...
Examples of escalating items out of unrestricted:

Someone plans an event wherein they will go and murder the Sisterhood.

A particular plant lets you throw fireballs for one hour after you eat it.

A dwarf invents combustion-powered tramways.

A man claims to be blessed by Sallana and can heal wounds with a touch.
I was going by this, and I always thought Sally -was- a member of the lore team >,<
Why else would it be on the Wiki?

W

wakerman4

Anyone can add to the wiki.

I never could~
It was added by Sally, or her PA, I don't know, forgot her name-
The point was, I didn't add it, yet I found it on there. So someone somewhere, must like and use these flowers.

And by nether~
I've used these in COUNTESS Rp's, before all this restriction.
Herbalists know quite a bit, and I've encouraged some others to use it in RP.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
*Sighs quietly*

I...

Can someone ask legion for this one? I'm currently reading cultural/lore stuff as my present priority.

W

wakerman4

Can someone ask legion for this one? I'm currently reading cultural/lore stuff as my present priority.

Of course~
No doubt it'd be rejected, but the flower has NO magical properties. I knew that if I did that, it'd have to be denied one way or another. It's done all through a total different force all together, which begins in L and ends with E.
This may be considered stupid, but I think this is true IRL too.
Love is a power that---you know what, nevermind, you get my point.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Im sorry but this is just wayyyyyyy too beyond server vision to be approved.
Not to mention that this is distinctly magical and nature, and of a kind of magic that makes no sense.
Sorry waker, but this is not going to fly.

W

wakerman4

Sorry waker, but this is not going to fly.

Right-
I'll just have to tell 13, maybe 16 people on the server that they cannot use them-
Rewind 6 months of Roleplay from a dead dwarf-
Lock this thread-
Tell everyone who said "Good One Waker!"-
And prevent myself from wasting any more time on writing anymore lore in the future. . . . .it seems what I write is always outside the servers vision, even with how many people like it, seems you do not.
No more lore writing for me~

Locking thread

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Waker, you write some damn good stuff; don't let this discourage you. Whenever I embark on a lore spree I consult Naelwyn or Legion about the subject matter, and if it goes through I keep them updated on it as it progresses. It's a good system, and I don't see how with a bit of rewriting the roses can stay. Make them bioluminescent, with blue being a rare mutation and green creating purple spores/powder that induce a state in which a person feels heightened affection and happiness.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Proof: Naelwyn liked my post, so there must be some validity to it! You're a great writer, Waker, and I'd hate to see your talent and ability squandered because you've become disillusioned.

W

wakerman4

Proof: Naelwyn liked my post, so there must be some validity to it! You're a great writer, Waker, and I'd hate to see your talent and ability squandered because you've become disillusioned.

I cannot think how to reply to this, I have both happiness and both loss of confidence.
Only time will tell weather I am really going to carry one, or once again, ignore everyone apart from those I hold close. Bah-
We'll see

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Waker: You write some good stuff, you just need to get in contact with us when doing so.

The plants, as a whole, are well named and are interesting.

That being said? All of the plants on the wiki, which I did not know about until now, and we've never been officially informed of them.

Like the one that cures poisons. Or the one that appears to perfectly resist corruption.

They shouldn't be in the Player's handbook section of the wiki, at least, not where they are, anyways. Stuff like plants should be in a subsection.

I'm reading them now, to give you immediate feedback.

Loopy Mushrooms are totally fine.
Fire Daisies are wonderful. A minor immune system boost is still fine.
The Grace Lily is fine on it's own, but the effects it has when it combines with the other too plants are too powerful and are out.

I was explicitly told to not allow Drugs or drug-like affects on the server, so Brighter Bloom and Old Man's crumble are out.
The Bitter is perfectly acceptable but also loses the combinatorial Drug properties as a result of the above.
Silverline is excellent, but should have the calming effect taken down a bit.

Elven Posion Mushrooms need more details about how their poison works to be accepted.

The Holy Leaf and Pot White Roses, plantwise, are neat. Their effects are too powerful to approve.

W

wakerman4

Waker: You write some good stuff, you just need to get in contact with us when doing so.

Right. . . .okay. . . .let me just write a thread about my lack of emotion control, then I should feel good, I hope.
Thanks, by the way, I never often hear you tell anyone anything is good. Not from what I read anyway.

I'll get to work on a later date

Status
Not open for further replies.