Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

GoldWolfYT's Application [Accepted- Fluffy]

Goldbeean

Legend of Altera
Villager
Goldbeean
Goldbeean
Villager
The Whitelist Application Form
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username
?
GoldWolfYT

2. How old are you?
I turned 14 today

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
UTC-6

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, just finished

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when you try to use knowledge that you know , but your character does not. (Using IRL knowledge to solve problems)
Powergaming is basically when you force roleplays on another person, or do things without giving anyone time to respond

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, I will not use anything to give me an unfair advantage.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?

I like programming, and I aim to become a web developer. I love baking as well, and I'm sorta good at it, if I do say so myself. I'm practicing drawing, but I'm not too good at it. I'm bilingual, and I like feeding birds. And my favorite thing to do is daydream.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
(This question is optional. It does help us figure out where the majority of our players come from)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
I am a forest Elf. My weapon is a bow, and my passion is climbing. I have green eyes, dark brown hair, and pale skin. I am 20 years old. I like to talk a lot around people I know, but I don't speak to strangers. I have slight anger issues.

You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, have they settled the ire of Titans and Gods. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through tenacity and reverence. The memories of their trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the stars flicker and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Name:
Adora

Character Age:

Character Race:
Elf

Appearance:
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: green
skin: pale
I have a quiver on my back, a black hood, and black pants.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!

A tall, willowy girl with piercing emerald green eyes balances on a thin branch while her brother sits on the roots below. "Adora! Don't go so high!" her brother says.

" Don't worry, Dart! You worry too much. I'm not going to fall. I never fall," Adora replies. Dart sighs. Why did she have to be so careless?

Dart stands up. A breaking twig has caught his attention. "Adora," he whispers. "Come down!"

"What? Why?" she asks, but slides down anyway. "What happened?"
Snap! Snap Snap!
"
Run!" Dart yells.
"Dart, you're so dramatic. It is just a cat," Adora rolls her eyes. He could be such a coward sometimes. "Maybe we should leave the forest. It's clearly making you nervous. You get so nervous sometimes. I remember once you-"

"Come on Adora, let's go find a path to town," Dart says before she could continue.

She looks around until her eyes find a path. Maybe this leads into a town, she thinks. They follows this path into a bustling, populated town. "M-Maybe you should go ahead, Adora," Dart stutters.
Adora sighs. "Fine. But give me your purse." As Dart hands it over, she watches him take all the coins out and pocket them."Cheapskate,"She mumbles.

Adora quickly conceals her weapon. Who knows what would happen if someone steals it? As she walks inside the inn, it is surprisingly unpopulated. She talks to the short, dark woman at the bar, who tells Adora to give her 2 gold coins. Adora sits down at the bar to wait. She can feel everyone looking at her as she eats, at this strange creature with pointed ears and bright eyes. As she's eating, she hears a scratchy laugh. "This one is pretty, isn't she?" She looks up at the speaker, an old man. She finished eating, so she stands up, easily dwarfing the short man. He stutters, and she walks out. It's cold. She walks along the road when she sees a short tree.

"Adora? What happened?" Dart asks, concern on his face. "You forgot the food. Come on then, let's go get it."
"You should go in," Adora says with a shiver.
"Why?" Dart replies. "Stop being such a coward, come on." The sentence fills Adora with a fire she's never felt before.
"Me a coward? Really? If you're so brave why don't you go in yourself? You don't really care what happens to me. You just want to feel older. You want to feel like the responsible brother to me, your careless, risky sister." Adora could feel hot tears flowing from her eyes. So she turns, and walks back into the forest, temporarily leaving Dart in the world where he has no sister to protect him.

Last edited:

Fluffy Bristle

Lord of Altera
Legend
FluffyBristle
FluffyBristle
Legend
Hello! Thank you for your application! I've reviewed it over, but I have a few things that I'll need changed.

-Your metagaming and powergaming definitions are off. Can you please adjust them accordingly?
-Your backstory uses some cliches that we like to avoid- such as your family being killed and seeking revenge. Instead of this, could you try focusing a bit more on Adora's day to day life? Maybe some inner conflicts that she has?

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this thread! I'm here to help.

Goldbeean

Legend of Altera
Villager
Goldbeean
Goldbeean
Villager
Hello! Thank you for your application! I've reviewed it over, but I have a few things that I'll need changed.

-Your metagaming and powergaming definitions are off. Can you please adjust them accordingly?
-Your backstory uses some cliches that we like to avoid- such as your family being killed and seeking revenge. Instead of this, could you try focusing a bit more on Adora's day to day life? Maybe some inner conflicts that she has?

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this thread! I'm here to help.
Yep! I've changed it!

Fluffy Bristle

Lord of Altera
Legend
FluffyBristle
FluffyBristle
Legend
Hello there! This is great- but I have a few things I'd like changed still.

The backstory of your character that you have put in your written test is a little cliche, and your character might have a rough time meshing with the others in our setting. Straying away from these cliches (revenge plot, dead/missing family) allows more space for creativity and creates emphasis on character types that will fit in our world. I highly suggest for you to change this aspect of your backstory- and try to come up with something new! A rule that we do have for the test is a 'No Violence' rule, which is under the 'About Your Character' section of the Whitelist application format (found here under bullet point #4). With that being said, I would appreciate it if you changed up your written test a bit. Maybe focus a bit more about their day to day life? Things like that, and try to be creative. Thanks!

Goldbeean

Legend of Altera
Villager
Goldbeean
Goldbeean
Villager
Hello there! This is great- but I have a few things I'd like changed still.

The backstory of your character that you have put in your written test is a little cliche, and your character might have a rough time meshing with the others in our setting. Straying away from these cliches (revenge plot, dead/missing family) allows more space for creativity and creates emphasis on character types that will fit in our world. I highly suggest for you to change this aspect of your backstory- and try to come up with something new! A rule that we do have for the test is a 'No Violence' rule, which is under the 'About Your Character' section of the Whitelist application format (found here under bullet point #4). With that being said, I would appreciate it if you changed up your written test a bit. Maybe focus a bit more about their day to day life? Things like that, and try to be creative. Thanks!
I did my best!

Fluffy Bristle

Lord of Altera
Legend
FluffyBristle
FluffyBristle
Legend
I quite like the written test you have made! With that being said...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬​

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.