Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Good news everyone!

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
You're all terrible, think of the non alcohol drinking childeren, and by childeren I mean myself
Well technicly I'm still a kid because I'm 16 but ssshhh

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good

Nothing much else to say really. Good diplomatic skills on your part~

Anithola

Lord of Altera
This is awesome, although I'm inclined to ask; "whats the catch?". Sounds odd that they would practically halve the cost without any changes?

This is awesome, although I'm inclined to ask; "whats the catch?". Sounds odd that they would practically halve the cost without any changes?
There is no catch. We've been on the same equipment since 2013 and paying the 2013 price. Since then, several new versions of our equipment were released, making our own equipment obsolete. The cost of renting a new server with the exact same specs as ours is thus quite a bit lower than it was 3-4 years ago. What we have works just fine for what we're doing, so rather than upgrade our equipment and continue paying more money, we thought it would be better to just keep our equipment and take the cost cut.

As a result, we did not lose any services or downgrade any equipment, and no migration was necessary. We could downsize our services and equipment and save a little bit more money per month, but Read decided that wouldn't be necessary at the present time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
There is no catch. We've been on the same equipment since 2013. Since then, several new versions of our equipment were released, making our own equipment obsolete. The cost of renting a new server with the exact same specs as ours is thus quite a bit lower than it was 3-4 years ago. What we have works just fine for what we're doing, so rather than upgrade our equipment and continue paying more money, we thought it would be better to just keep our equipment and take the cost cut.

As a result, we did not lose any services or downgrade any equipment, and no migration was necessary. We could downsize our services and equipment and save a little bit more money per month, but Read decided that wouldn't be necessary at the present time.
I was going to ask "how do dis" but you've answered my inquiries :heart:

Anithola

Lord of Altera
There is no catch. We've been on the same equipment since 2013 and paying the 2013 price. Since then, several new versions of our equipment were released, making our own equipment obsolete. The cost of renting a new server with the exact same specs as ours is thus quite a bit lower than it was 3-4 years ago. What we have works just fine for what we're doing, so rather than upgrade our equipment and continue paying more money, we thought it would be better to just keep our equipment and take the cost cut.

Oh I see, how convenient for us!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I love how it's updated with that meme from Futurama, I can hear the professor's voice in my head saying that line :')