Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Greatest Western?!

What is the greatest Western movie?

• The Searchers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Wild Bunch

• High Noon

• Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

• Total voters

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Nothing much to say here, as usual, elaborate on your decision if you wish. Note that several of the movies mentioned are rated R, or whatever the equivalent rating is in the UK (I don't know the UK movie rating system).

My choice, "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly", directed by Sergio Leone. It is usually considered the greatest of the "spaghetti westerns", and the last and greatest of the "dollars" series. Clint Eastwood stars as the Man with No Name/The Good - although he's really not much better than the others. He's just a better shot, and also he maybe has a little more morality. This is one of the few movies where dubbing doesn't irritate me - other than the three main characters, they were all dubbed. Great acting, particularly Eastwood, and great plot. The full, uncut version is nearly three hours, and it's worth every second. "There are two kinds of people. Those with guns, and those who dig. You dig." This is probably the best quote from the movie. Lastly, there is the memorable, iconic and unmistakable theme, to top everything else off.

Now I've said what there is to say, you all share your opinions.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
How is Tombstone not on this list? Doc Holiday is my all-time favorite western character, ever.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
To be honest, I think it would have been funny if you called the thread "best western" and didn't realise.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I definitely think there should be posts like this, but polls aren't that good, especially in such a widely varied subject. Otherwise, good post. MOAR PLEASE