Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

"Hack Man" Jackman The Sailor

ZETHCRON

Lord of Altera
Name: Jackman 's the name, sailing 's the game!

Nickname/Alias: The villagers called me "Hack man" because I was a woodcutter 'till I became a sailor.

Age: I'm 28 and I've been through some mighty storms too.

Race: Human

Height: 6 ft Not too tall.

Weight: 148 pounds I like to eat as much as I fish. But I don't eat what I fish, most of the time.

Hair: Dark brown and rugged.

Eyes: Brown, fairly common eye color.

Skin: Slightly tanned from all the sun I get.

Identifying Marks: I got this scar from a bad weather day when out fishing and got cut by a fish's tail, from my left eyebrow to below my left eye, ever since then my vision has been blurry on my left eye but sometimes I like to put an eye patch.

Appearance: Well as you can see I'm wearing some leather shoes they're old, an old but sturdy brown hide jacket, blue cloth pants, and red cloth shirt.

Strengths: Well I can swing an axe pretty well and I happen to be good at brewing potions and poisons, so I got less to worry about radiants!

Weaknesses and fears: I hate demons! Have you seen 'em, some float! Others either worship a nut with power or fire magic around like it was expandable!

Religion and cults: I know 'bout the gods but I don't look up to any of them.

Profession: I used to be a woodcutter when I was young now I'm a sailor. Mostly just fishing, though but who's to say I can't be a pirate?

We are shaped by our heritage. Facial features, skin tone, height,
build, race, even aptitudes are influenced by the genes
passed from parent to child. Attitude, too, is taught by parents,
informed by their own lives and their cultural heritage. Where
does your character come from, what is her lineage, who were
her parents, and what did she inherit from them? I lived in a village called Thumblevine, I never knew who came up with the name but he must have been an idiot or a nut. Nothing special ever happened in Thumblevine, 'cept a few famous warriors and fighters came passing by the village, though none of 'em seemed like they were swimmin' in radiants. As for my parents, my father worked as a woodcutter as well and taught me a few things to help me cut wood, my mother and sister tended to the pig farm and sold porkhops. Don't think my father was lazy for just woodcuttin' while my mother and sister took care of a whole farm, first of the farm wasn't very big and second most of our money came from me and my father cutting wood all day. I also have my father's stand and my mothers eyes, my sister looked just like a younger version of my mother, but we never got along. My father and I always made rude jokes, my mother always made me soup when ever we had a long day of none stop woodcutting.

Parents can be proud of their children or regret ever bringing
them into the world. Some are loving, and some are indifferent.
All of them are only metahuman and have their own opinions
of their children. Assuming they could speak, what would each
of your character’s parents say about her? My father and I got along great! Especially since I spent most of my time with him, course that doesn't mean I didn't get along with my mother. My mother was always so sweetly kind towards me and despite my sister looking just like her, I never once confused their names. My mother did get angry when she caught my father and I making rude jokes and comments about the people we see pass by. My father always thought I'd be something one day, something more than some woodcutter and there's still enough time to prove 'im right.

People have control over their own living arrangements. From
the child young enough to use crayons and tape all the way up
to the elderly shut-in who plasters her walls with family photos
and cat pictures, everyone makes their living spaces more personally
pleasing. What is your character’s living space like, and
what has he added or changed to make it his own? I typically live in cabins, not log cabins, ship cabins; the sort that rock back and fourth. I normally don't change anything about the cabins but if they have some hole from the kitchen or some other room that is constantly noisy or just has noisy residents, I'll use all the wood at my disposal to close that hole. I have a sensitive nose but cabins that stink of me never bother me, if they stink of some sweaty fat idiot, I'm washing it by hand myself.

Everyone has beliefs, and many have beliefs strong enough to
be convictions. Some are religious, some are political, some are
social, and some are just about why people are here. What does
your character believe in, what are her convictions (if any), and
why does she hold them? I believe that the best way to gain radiants is by plundering, the fun way too! And if I can't plunder anything good, then why not kill? Course I'm not a pirate, it's just that the fishing boats I work on have to fight some other fishing boat off for fish to catch, fun stuff but only lasted a few minutes, the lot of 'em were just a bunch of scared idiots over their heads. I guess I believe in a system of respect, you respect me I respect you. If you don't respect me I don't respect you, your life, your existence.

Everyone has aspects of their personality that grate on someone.
Even the best of friends annoy one another from time to time.
The flaws in a person’s character are as important as the qualities.
What do you dislike most about your character’s personality? I hate how easily tempered I am, seriously have ya ever looked in the mirror and thought to yourself, "that was the stupidest thing to ever do!", I have that's why I've been fired from so many fishing boats, the other sailors keep disrespecting me.

People make acquaintances and friends; we’re hardwired for it.
Humans are social animals. This is especially true in Hollow World,
where often it is not the power you have, but the power you
can borrow, and not who you, are but who you know. There’s a
story behind each and every one of these relationships. What is
the story with your character and her contacts? I got no friends! At least not in Altera. But that's cause I travel a lot, being a sailor and all of course it's required to travel a lot and never complain. I ain't complaining but it would be good to settle down some where.

It’s Sunday morning, and your character has no commitments
until tomorrow afternoon. What does she do for the day? Nothing to do? Why not go out cut some wood or fish a bit, I always say. Fishing is relaxing and maybe you'll need the cooked fish for something happening tomorrow or maybe the wood.

Your character has a specific skill set, a list of active skills and
knowledge that define what she knows and her areas of
expertise. How did she come to learn those skills, and how did
she develop them to those levels? I know how to cut wood so well from my father. I know how to take care of animals cause of my mother, mostly pigs though. I know how to fish from being a sailor! And of course my knowledge of brewing, I picked that up when I was working on this ship that a captain who loved to collect books and I got bored often so I found one on brewing and read it, since then I have bought ingredients for potions and poisons and brewed them then sold 'em! For good prices, though.

Everyone has their limits. People can be dark, but most people’s
instinct is to draw the line at certain actions and thoughts, and
they keep to their own moral convictions. Is there a moral limit
that your character enforces on the jobs/adventures she takes, and in what
work would she refuse to engage? I would never take up a job to torture! I mean killing yeah it's fun but torture is worse then death, it's keeping them alive and inflicting pain but they won't die. I won't hear of torture and I won't deal with having a torturer near me! It's just wrong in so many ways.

Everyone has nightmares. Sometimes, we forget the dream
completely on waking. Sometimes, the nightmare haunts us or
even recurs. If your character had a lingering nightmare or a
deep-rooted fear, what would it be, and why does he find it so
terrifying? Actually, I saw a demon burn down an entire village when the fishing boat was setting sail but we couldn't turn back, the entire village was on fire! The demon was flying around the place just shooting magic every where and burning the entire village! I saw a kid burn to death with his mother holding him! I still have nightmares 'bout that demon shooting magic at me on the ship and the mother and child squatting' next to me, horrifying stuff!

People tend to attach sentimental value to items in their possession
or people they are close to. They make an effort to
keep these close by and safe. What is your character’s “sacred
object” or “close one,” and how did they come to be so important
to him? This brown hide jacket was made by my mother, it's the only thing that reminds me of my family. And I've had it ever since I first went on a fishing boat, when I was 18. My mother was worried if I'd be alright by myself but my father thought I'd be punching fish the size of a house, my sister wasn't there to say goodbye but I didn't care.

One of humanity’s greatest assets is its ability to look toward
the future and imagine a better life. Even small children
have dreams about what they want to be when they grow up.
What did your character want to become when he was a child,
and what are his goals now? When I was a child I always thought I'd be some sort of warrior or gladiator just cutting away the competition and earnin' my family more money then they knew what to do with it. Course I never hear from 'em and they never hear of me.

A person’s appearance can say volumes about him. From fashion
sense, to the colors he prefers, to the way he walks and speaks.
Sometimes, his personality determines his appearance, and,
sometimes, the appearance he chooses to present the world effects
his personality. What does your character look like, and
what inspired his choices? I wear this red shirt and blue pants cause I just don't really care what color they are just as long as it's cheap. As for the brown hide jacket, well, I got to keep some reminder of my family, right? Other than that I'm a pretty simple guy when it comes to clothing.

This is actually a second character, for one account, mine.

I'm not even sure if I can have two characters on one account.