Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Halfling Culture

Halendar

Lord of Altera
Hello All!

I was curious what irl culture the Halflings are based off of. I'm making a Halfling alt, and would like a source to base her voice, name, and other details about her on.

Many thanks!

Edit: Also I know they are like Gypsies, but that's a little too vague for me I think.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Hello All!

I was curious what irl culture the Halflings are based off of. I'm making a Halfling alt, and would like a source to base her voice, name, and other details about her on.

Many thanks!

Edit: Also I know they are like Gypsies, but that's a little too vague for me I think.
They are filthy hobbitses. (j/k sort of.)

Very caravan oriented, tattoos. I think they're more like Gypsies than the desert wandering Sooleran, personally. But both pretty cool.

Ddaug

Lord of Altera
There are two types of halflings. There are the Flatfoot, who are like hobbits from LOTR/Hobbit movies, and then the gypsy like halflings.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Hello All!

Many thanks!

Imagine some kind of mix between hobbits and WoW gnomes and you'll be fine I think.