Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Halo 5 news

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
60 fps is a good goal. Also it will be interesting to see what is happening with this new character although hopefully it wont be a silent type like the Rookie and B-312

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I dislike the fact that it's xbox one exclusive, hopefully the price will have dropped by autumn next year

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
I dislike the fact that it's xbox one exclusive, hopefully the price will have dropped by autumn next year
Halo is owned by Microsoft and has always been an Xbox-Exclusive series (except for Halo CE/2, which were ported to PC).
Of course they would put it on XBone only, its a great way to boost sales and to take full advantage of the new hardware. What point would there be in putting a brand new game on an outdated system?

Granted, nobody wants to buy a very expensive console purely for a single game, and Halo 4 has left many people sour about 343i's abilities, but this is in all honest a brilliant marketing tactic to get sales.
I'd be interested to see how Halo 5 turns out, but I really do expect it to be awful considering 343's past efforts...

60 fps is a good goal. Also it will be interesting to see what is happening with this new character although hopefully it wont be a silent type like the Rookie and B-312
From what I've heard, its an entirely new character and (judging from that symbol on their armour) work for ONI. My guess, and a lot of speculation suggests, that this is a character who's goal is to hunt down and recover/kill the Chief. The trailer does hint that the Chief has gone rogue somehow.

I have a feeling that Halo 5 may turn out much like Halo 2, with two separate characters having their own storylines that show two different sides of the same coin.

@Warwolf may be interested to hear about this, if he hasn't already!

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
I heard about this 17 minutes after it was announced-
Oh Halo Waypoint Stalking xD

I am interested to see what this is all about and why it's be given a subtitle "Guardians"

Frankie has already confirmed that the character is not Naomi or Sarah Palmer or any female figure for that matter.
Which worries me, is that if it is Chief, I don't like the new armour.
You may or may not have noticed but the ONI Symbol on the Armour would suggest it's not Chief, since I highly doubt he'd willingly work for them. He's already a part of the UNSC Navy and that wont change.

The main confusing thing is, if this is Chief's trilogy, why have him as the reflection or upside down person? :eek:

Next thing- The Concept Art that was released with the announcement.
I don't have much to say about it other than that I am betting it's Charum Hakor.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I heard about this 17 minutes after it was announced-
Oh Halo Waypoint Stalking xD

I am interested to see what this is all about and why it's be given a subtitle "Guardians"

Frankie has already confirmed that the character is not Naomi or Sarah Palmer or any female figure for that matter.
Which worries me, is that if it is Chief, I don't like the new armour.
You may or may not have noticed but the ONI Symbol on the Armour would suggest it's not Chief, since I highly doubt he'd willingly work for them. He's already a part of the UNSC Navy and that wont change.

The main confusing thing is, if this is Chief's trilogy, why have him as the reflection or upside down person? :eek:

Next thing- The Concept Art that was released with the announcement.
I don't have much to say about it other than that I am betting it's Charum Hakor.
Does anybody remember the reward if you won the Halo infinity challenge 2 Christmases ago?

Who ever one the Spartan Ops challenge was guaranteed to have their face in the next halo game...... Perhaps it's the Winner of The Challenge?

@angryboy ?

I pertisapated and actually winded up in Teir one which was the top 10 percent of players...... But I was doing the Matchmaking Challenge which the Grand prize was a truck !!! XD

Angryboy

War, it was said that the top Spartan was a new character.
And like I said, I suspect it will be a 2-arc story, much like in Halo 2.

I am thinking that the top Spartan may be someone trained to kill the Chief, since they are with ONI and the Chief appears to have gone rogue and Halsey does mention at the start of 4 that they "want to replace him". I thought that was referring to the Spartan IVs, but they do seem too weak to replace the Chief.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
War, it was said that the top Spartan was a new character.
And like I said, I suspect it will be a 2-arc story, much like in Halo 2.

I am thinking that the top Spartan may be someone trained to kill the Chief, since they are with ONI and the Chief appears to have gone rogue and Halsey does mention at the start of 4 that they "want to replace him". I thought that was referring to the Spartan IVs, but they do seem too weak to replace the Chief.
I love you right now

Angryboy

Heard nothing about this. If its true, then it will most likely be an Easter-egg appearance, much like having the Red vs Blue characters in some parts of the series, or the numerous companies who've included fans or staff as characters as a joke/memorial. I imagine it would just be a random marine, maybe one who gives you information during a mission to make it more obvious.

Angryboy

Best we can do for now is just wait for the game to be released and play the storyline... I mean, its not like 343i are throwing out info like its candy.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Heard nothing about this. If its true, then it will most likely be an Easter-egg appearance, much like having the Red vs Blue characters in some parts of the series, or the numerous companies who've included fans or staff as characters as a joke/memorial. I imagine it would just be a random marine, maybe one who gives you information during a mission to make it more obvious.
That's what I thought, but who knows ;)

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
If it is a spartan "owned" by ONI then it could be a mark 3 seeing as how the 4's are not up to the task

Angryboy

If it is a spartan "owned" by ONI then it could be a mark 3 seeing as how the 4's are not up to the task
Spartan IIIs wouldn't be up to the task either, nor do I think any of them are still alive. They were trained and augmented for suicide-missions, to be "expendable" supersoldiers.
It is most likely a Spartan IV with advanced training, or another magically-appearing Spartan II wash-out who hates every other Spartan in the Universe.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Spartan IIIs wouldn't be up to the task either, nor do I think any of them are still alive. They were trained and augmented for suicide-missions, to be "expendable" supersoldiers.
It is most likely a Spartan IV with advanced training, or another magically-appearing Spartan II wash-out who hates every other Spartan in the Universe.
Gamma company of the 3's still exist.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Wasn't that the ones training on Onyx who got stuck in the Dyson Sphere?
I've not read the books beyond Cryptum, sadly.
Halo:Ghost of Onyx is my favorite book of the halo series, also made me like and look up to Spartan-51 Kurt more than any other

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
@angryboy knows this- But I hate Kurt probably the most out of all S-II's for one reason alone.
xD Though at the same time I love him, his 'Sixth Sense' is awesome. But he's still an idiot.