Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

HappyTheGoldfish Unban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy

Lord of Altera
It appears I was banned for grinding mobs. :( I was farming enderman for their drops, I didn't realise that was illegal. I apologise for this and wont do it again. :(

I would like to ask though how many mobs I am allowed to kill before I have to stop. The reason I ask is because I was hoping to farm slime next as I need 600 slime balls for my build (sticky pistons). So I'm just wondering how many slime balls I would be allowed to farm per day?

I admit I may have overdone it a bit with farming the enderman. The reason I done it was so I could increase my swords skill, repair skill and gain drops all at the same time (3 birds with one stone! :D). I didn't use any machines or spawn traps or anything like that, just my sword, which is why I thought it would be ok.

I believe I may have been banned by the pirate queen Sally because the message said 'Yar! Dinna yer know that mob grinders aren't allowed' which I admit did put a smile on my face (The way she wrote it not the ban). :)
Ignorance is no excuse so I accept that what I did was wrong. I hope you can forgive me and allow me back on soon. :) Until then I shall be doomed to single player.. D:

Regards,
Happy. :)

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Not if the mobs can hit him back i thought
This.

Mob grinding can be explained in two ways. The first is building some form of contraption, such as drowning or lava traps, that kill the mobs to get their drops.
The other is that you wall off or block a spawner in such a way that you can kill mobs and take their loot without any risk to yourself.

Killing mobs in itself is entirely legal no matter how many you slay, it's the nature in which you do so that determines its legality.

Happy

Lord of Altera
I think you may be missing the point, mob grinding or "farming" is illegal period.
Isn't farming itself only illegal if you do it on a large scale? Cause hunting more than one of any mob for its drop is technically farming so it cant be the farming itself that is band. I believe what I was band for is hunting enderman for a solid hour.
My reasons for hunting them I stated in my previous post (A quick and easy way to level my skills, drops were a bonus). I apologise for that and wont farm them on that scale anymore if it gets me banned. But if I was to hunt slimes for their slimeballs would hunting a stack, then going and using them all before hunting more be ok? After all I am actually in need of slimeballs and I have no money to buy any. :(

Happy

Lord of Altera
This.

Mob grinding can be explained in two ways. The first is building some form of contraption, such as drowning or lava traps, that kill the mobs to get their drops.
The other is that you wall off or block a spawner in such a way that you can kill mobs and take their loot without any risk to yourself.

Killing mobs in itself is entirely legal no matter how many you slay, it's the nature in which you do so that determines its legality.
Ah ok thanks for clearing that up Itzza. :)

In that case I was doing it illegally as the enderman could only sometimes hit me (Though they did kill me several times.. XD 'HappyTheGoldfish was slain by Enderman' hehe sneaky ninjas.. :p).

I have not broken any rules in the past and I didn't mean to break this one. I apologise for the way I was farming them, and I won't use that method anymore.

I would appreciate it if I could come back, I think I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.. D:

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
happythegoldfish Yar! Dinna yer know that mob grinders aren't allowed?! SallyPirate 17 Aug, 2012 9:32am Permanent

Sally banned you, so Sally will decide whether you can return or not.

Also may I ask that, unless you were directly involved, you do not post on ban appeals, thank you.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
You built or at least used a contraption that prevented the Endermen from attacking you. You killed at least 900 endermen. And since I removed it, I rebuilt it in single player for example.

I used this when I found it to try figure out how it worked, the endermen couldn't attack me at all. I also brought several players to take a look as well, which they also couldn't get hurt by the endermen.
Example:
2012-08-18_07.03.33.png

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
How does it work? Endermen cant be hit by arrows and they wont walk onto that without teleporting away.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
They run against the sides when you stare at em, they can't get inside because of the water. I could attack them safely from below the wooden roof.

Happy

Lord of Altera
Hmm well this gave me an idea for my town. If I do get unbanned I will make a crypt/tomb full of graves where people of my city who were banned lay (Cause when your banned you die). And as for my return, A villager performed a dark ritual to revive me through 'trading places' meaning his soul for mine. He knew it would kill him but his love for his town and lord meant that he was wiling to sacrifice himself to see Mythicity gain a future where it could grow and prosper.
Now thanks to his sacrifice I am free once more to walk among the people and continue the construction of Mythicity, 'the stone cold city of the north'.

Ofcourse that is for if I get unbanned, If I do not then can someone please make me a grave in Mythicity saying:

'Here lies Kaiser, Lord of Mythicity.
Deceased 17Aug 1012.
Cause of death, Enderman.
May he rest in peace.'

Happy

Lord of Altera
When I made that the windows were just to attract them I attacked them at the door (hence why the could only sometimes hit me when i got too close), I even died a few times if you check the logs. But I have no desire to farm that way anymore. That is just the method I use in single player and I didn't think before using it in multiplayer.

Is there no way I could come back on a probational period? Hollowworld is the only server I play on minecraft and was the reason I bought minecraft in the first place (was introduced to it by Cast).

I'm not sure what else I can say. I have never broken rules before in the past and have no intention of deliberately breaking them now. I know ignorance is no excuse but everyone makes mistakes. If your decision stands then theres not much I can do about it, but I will miss the server. I have enjoyed playing it, getting to know people and participating in the RP events.

I do wish you all the best and hope that everyone else learns from what I did. If you plan to farm enderman fight them one on one and not blocking them outside.

Sorry for any trouble I may have caused. :(
Happy

Happy

Lord of Altera
I don't like unbanning cheaters.
I have no interest in cheating and didn't think of it as that when I done it. I now see that it was cheating and regret it. I have been here for a while and would like to stay even longer if possible. Is there nothing I can do to prove that I have no intention of cheating. Cheating does ruin games and I do not like cheaters/glitcher.s I take pride in playing games properly and doing well in the process, so the fact that I have cheated and was ignorant of it makes me very disappointed in myself.

I have learned my lesson but understand that there must be a punishment. All I ask is that perhaps you could change it to a temp ban so at least I have a chance to come back and the next time I break a rule then I am banned for good.
Is that a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.