Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Horse Owners!

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Specifically subscribers or those with the Horsekeep Permission.

Planning to mess around with different horse plugins and hopefully find one that doesn't destroy the horses stats when stored.

This is just a heads up! Keep your horses in a safe location (locked room would be prefered) and try not to store them (We already know that one but anyway)

There's no set date of when I'll change the permissions or plugin. But I'll keep this thread updated with whatever I do/find. Just make sure yer horses get locked away where no one can seal them, if I remove HorseKeep your horse will no longer be protected. I'm saying IF in case I don't find a good plugin to replace it.

False Alarm: Upon testing the plugins, none of them can keep horse speed.

Last edited:

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
If our horse is in storage already are they safe?
Nope D: the storage horse loses their speed and it defaults to a really low 9.7 (Which is awesome for mules I heard- but anyway) but they wont be safe if I switch out the plugins, all stored horses would be lost.

RecklessSquid

Lord of Altera
What about horses that are gone? My horse was eaten by the plugin. Any chance of getting... something? I remember michcat saying something about this but I can't remember what.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
What about horses that are gone? My horse was eaten by the plugin. Any chance of getting... something? I remember michcat saying something about this but I can't remember what.
Said we could look into restoring them- Unfortunately, we're still exploring that option. It may not come to fruition..

RecklessSquid

Lord of Altera
I understand, it'd take you ages to replenish everyone's horses. I think most people who want horses have found new one's as it is. A little disappointed about mah hoss's bling tho.

RecklessSquid

Lord of Altera
Is it wise to disable the storage command? So people don't get annoyed when their horse speed is reset? As when people have fast horses, people won't use the command anyway, so at the moment, it's only use is buffing donkeys/mules to a decent speed, which I don't think is a good thing. It would be nice though to just be able to summon a horse when needed, even if it has slow speed, just for transport or RP purposes. I don't know if that's configurable or not and that should probably only be available to the horses+ users or something.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Is it wise to disable the storage command? So people don't get annoyed when their horse speed is reset? As when people have fast horses, people won't use the command anyway, so at the moment, it's only use is buffing donkeys/mules to a decent speed, which I don't think is a good thing. It would be nice though to just be able to summon a horse when needed, even if it has slow speed, just for transport or RP purposes. I don't know if that's configurable or not and that should probably only be available to the horses+ users or something.
Horses can't use the dockmasters and stablemasters thats why you need to teleport them sometimes. - that summoning only works if its stabled though.

RecklessSquid

Lord of Altera
Horses can't use the dockmasters and stablemasters thats why you need to teleport them sometimes. - that summoning only works if its stabled though.
Yeah, I see what you mean, having a horse specifically for stabling so you don't lose speed works I guess. I was wondering if there was away around the problems. :D

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Well, I'll add warnings to the guide with the commands, but I think completely disabling them is a bit of an overreaction- as far as I know, most of the people with the permissions are already aware of the broken speed problem.