Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

I am aware of my actions, however calling me stupid is disrespectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex the Strange

Loyal Servant of Altera
Username: Lord_Abraham

This evening as I played on Holloworld my actions had gone too far on numerous occasions, leading to my eventual ban. In this thread I wish to show my perspective and attempt to make ammends to the errors I made.

First of all, I wish to talk about the event involving my behaviour in RP. As some people were having a discussion, I a traveller, came across them. As it says in my character description I originate from travellers. Being disconnected from normal society we do not frown upon such obscenities such as farting and burping. Furthermore, I never attempted to start a fight following my behaviour. It was the individuals upset by my behaviour who had started the fight. By which i mean they tried to set me on fire, I only left the scene and they continued it by the pond. Hence me being stuck in the pond, my attackers surrouding me.

Secondly, I was warned about being overly inquisitive in game, I agree that I had been asking Excessive amounts of questions. However, when Ittzaboy and one other memeber of the admistration group told me that I was being irritating, and told me about the 'Tome of Citizenship', I immediately stopped and carried it on no longer. In attempts to avoid this happening again i have begun to tread the 'Tome of Citizenship' so that i don't have to ask.

Finally, and I would say this is the incident in which I had appeared to go too far, I suspectedly insulted 'Ikenblars' after him calling me stupid. I don't want to reduce this to playground tom-foolery, but that is to put it bluntly 'what happened', being deeply upset by this, i felt i had to defend myself in saying that it was not wise to call me stupid, this is the moment that I feel caused the ban. For this I am sorry, a feeling that I had expressed in the chat log multiple times.

Although I still feel wronged, I also feel I am in the wrong. I can only express my deepest penitence and hope that these incidents regarding my reckless behaviour can be forgotten. I really enjoy the server and feel I have only begrudged myself.

Royo_Royal

Loyal Servant of Altera
I suspectedly insulted 'Ikenblars' after him calling me stupid

he didnt NOT call you that.

Alex the Strange

Loyal Servant of Altera
C'mon man, he said that what I was doing made me look stupid, it may have been indirect, nut it implies the same thing.

S

Stevey

You name befits you, you are strange. What you are writing here is in direct opposition to the attitude you were showing ingame. You were kindly pointed towards the Tome of Citizenship for your answers, but you were being cheeky ingame with your answers.

I called you stupid (or was it silly? cant remember) because simply you were behaving that way.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Okay, im going to break up your post and explain what happened through our eyes.

First of all, I wish to talk about the event involving my behaviour in RP. As some people were having a discussion, I a traveller, came across them. As it says in my character description I originate from travellers. Being disconnected from normal society we do not frown upon such obscenities such as farting and burping. Furthermore, I never attempted to start a fight following my behaviour. It was the individuals upset by my behaviour who had started the fight. By which i mean they tried to set me on fire, I only left the scene and they continued it by the pond. Hence me being stuck in the pond, my attackers surrouding me.
I understand you were not happy about them taking such an exclusive approach to you, but putting things in rp chat such as *burps* tends to disrupt things a little as people supsect you arent taking things seriosuly. I had a request from two players involved to stop you disrupting their rp, and I had to ask you three times to move away, as they clearly were not interested in having you join in.

Secondly, I was warned about being overly inquisitive in game, I agree that I had been asking Excessive amounts of questions. However, when Ittzaboy and one other memeber of the admistration group told me that I was being irritating, and told me about the 'Tome of Citizenship', I immediately stopped and carried it on no longer. In attempts to avoid this happening again i have begun to tread the 'Tome of Citizenship' so that i don't have to ask.
Okay, lets tidy this up. You were not warned for being overly inquisitive, you were warned for repeatedly asking questions that were answered in the Tome of Citizenship, the set of rules that every player must read before joining. I understand you have been away, but when I kicked you after your umpteenth answered question, with a kick message of "Read the Tome of Citizenship" you instantly rejoined with the comeback of "I've read it"

Finally, and I would say this is the incident in which I had appeared to go too far, I suspectedly insulted 'Ikenblars' after him calling me stupid. I don't want to reduce this to playground tom-foolery, but that is to put it bluntly 'what happened', being deeply upset by this, i felt i had to defend myself in saying that it was not wise to call me stupid, this is the moment that I feel caused the ban. For this I am sorry, a feeling that I had expressed in the chat log multiple times.
Now this was the icing on the cake. Lars told you to "Stop being stupid", as in your actions were stupid, not necessarily you being an unintelligent person. You then start arguing with one of the highest ranking admins on the server, not on.

Although I still feel wronged, I also feel I am in the wrong. I can only express my deepest penitence and hope that these incidents regarding my reckless behaviour can be forgotten. I really enjoy the server and feel I have only begrudged myself.
This sounds like a sincere apology so I'm going to say this. I have no problem with you coming back, however wise up and start acting like the helpful player you vowed to be before you were banned not 10 minutes later.

Unless anyone has an objection to this, I will unban you tomorrow, that will give you plenty of time to read the Tome of Citizenship and the forums thoroughly and give you the knowledge to come back a willing and helpful player.

Time of your Unban (if no-one objects): Saturday 7th April 11:00pm (GMT +0)

Alex the Strange

Loyal Servant of Altera
Ok maybe I am strange, but I am adamant that the term stupid was used to describe me. I dont want my actions for this one occasion to ruin the hard work I have done on your server. I am really sorry.

Alex the Strange

Loyal Servant of Altera
I can't tell enough how much appreciate that you have decided to unban me, ittzaboy you raise a good counter argument.However, when the other characters were roleplaying, I did leave when asked. They followed.

Plus wookey_man is my brother and I saw that inkenblars said I had an abrasive personality after being banned, that is also hurtful.

S

Stevey

What's more hurtful, the fact that I said it or the fact that you made me say it?

C

Cubey

Your behaviour is poorly. Don't Stubborn and Don't be Childish.

Be mature and be thinking yourself before you do.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Depends what your questions are, commands are easy to find on the forums (I haven't checked the wiki about that yet) But it more depends on you and what you need to know. If you're not sure about something, check if it's been written about already. When it's not, that's when to ask a mod for help. Also I don't object to Itzza giving you another chance.

S

Stevey

Yes if someone could unban him? I can't go online currently.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Capital L
its not case sensitive.
If you cant find something specific, type keywords into the search bar at the top of the page (eg, you want to learn about chest shops? Type chest shop into the search bar and see what comes up.)

Edit: Someone else might have to try, it keeps saying "Failed to unban lord_abraham!"
I've been getting errors like that for kicking and banning, but the command itself still works, im guessing he is unbanned now.

Status
Not open for further replies.