Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

I need Iron Block

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
How many do you need Legion?

I have -plenty-

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
o.o
Dayumm.
That's a lot.
I'll see how many I have.

Ephemarel

Lord of Altera
That boulder sells them for 5 R does not necessarily mean that they actually sell for that price :p
They're sold for a lot of prices on the AH, and the very lowest is approximately 5 rads. For 20 rads/block, that's almost as low as wood generally sells for, and wood is a lot easier to get than iron. Even coal is easier, and sells for 5 rads/block of unmined ore at the airdocks. Now, I'm not saying Legion has to change his price, I'm simply wondering if he's willing to barter, because I'm probably not going to sell my iron for that low of a price.

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
A few days ago, I sold ten stacks of Iron blocks to Legion for 30r per block, so make sure he at least pays that amount! Even at 30r, that price is criminally cheap. For all the time it takes to mine, smelt and form the blocks its just not worth it really, but I was feeling generous so practically gave the iron away to Legion :)

- Boulder

Conan

Loyal Servant of Altera
A few days ago, I sold ten stacks of Iron blocks to Legion for 30r per block, so make sure he at least pays that amount! Even at 30r, that price is criminally cheap. For all the time it takes to mine, smelt and form the blocks its just not worth it really, but I was feeling generous so practically gave the iron away to Legion :)

- Boulder
You're almost always feeling generous :p

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff

- Boulder
Oh come on the least you could do was not post that here.

Now I have to explain relative worth and buyerless markets.

My reason for 20r per block:
Does anyone buy in quantities of 15 stacks of blocks? Absolutely not. Not even close. I am the only mass buyer on the entire server. If you want to put up 15 stacks of iron blocks at 30r per block, yea, it will still sell, but at a rate of a few blocks per day if not less. You will still have 10 stacks of blocks up on AH in a month or two.
But if you need lots of cash fast, then I can buy all 15 stacks at once.

now, I actually got several offers. What this means is that some people obviously disagree with you Boulder, and they thought it was worth their time to mine and smelt to sell at 20 r per block. Of course, now that you told them, they will almost certainly not sell at that price, but the point is: what you think iron is worth and what iron is worth to others are not the same thing.

To everyone: my price remains 20r per block. I bought them off Boulder at 30 because I needed a certain amount right then to be able to build a crucial component to an rp.
But I do not need it so desperately anymore.
Those people who made offers: the price remains 20r. You obviously felt it was worth it then, boulder saying what he sold it to me for does not change that.

Ive bought approx 2000 blocks of iron from HeerKarel in the past, at 20r per block, so I know that price works. I will not go higher, I simply do not have the cash.

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
People can sell at whatever price they want to, I was simply pointing out that I sold some at 30r. Whether that makes people want to sell theirs at the same price or not is their decision ;)

The seller has all the control when selling items, not the buyer, so people can make their own minds up on what a good price is.

- Boulder

Ephemarel

Lord of Altera
Those people who made offers: the price remains 20r. You obviously felt it was worth it then, boulder saying what he sold it to me for does not change that.
I just wanted to see if you'd go higher. It's your decision to buy at what price you will... though let me remind any sellers that 20 rads/block is barely higher than I've seen wood sell for.
I propose a monopoly...

Weeeeeee~!
Yes. To both. :D