Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

I'm bored and in a writing mood

Gonna make a new subculture

• Earthspawn

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Dwarfs

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Vote on what you're most interested in seeing me write.

My main intent in writing new subculture lore is to get people more interested in playing one of these neglected races. So y'know, consider a new character in one of the options regardless of whether or not you voted for either option. Been getting too human-populous around here.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
Vote on what you're most interested in seeing me write.

My main intent in writing new subculture lore is to get people more interested in playing one of these neglected races. So y'know, consider a new character in one of the options regardless of whether or not you voted for either option. Been getting too human-populous around here.
Yes, Thank you so much Baron for this, it really is.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
To expand on my post:

Planning on either shamanistic Earthspawn with a well-defined culture and mannerisms for once (Primary gods Rahas & Shalherana), or a priestly Dwarf clan focused on Korog and SWIBN (Silas is a human-centric god and to be scorned). Heavily leaning towards the Earthspawn one.

It's too humany lately. I go to the Crossroads and 9/10 people there will be human. Never see Earthspawn or Dwarfs around nowadays. Even the Nakam, a supposedly extinct race, are still around and in greater numbers. Elves are just edgy humans.

Fraser028

Lord of Altera
I like the idea and if you don't mind me just throwing in a few suggestions for the earthspawn : 1. A government/monarchy system that is very similar to that of tribals or the Indian system or rulership before colonisation.
2. A significant physical change e.g small/larger stature, a different skin colour, mental capacity and other variables.
3. A different culture system with things like religion or honor being a defining factor.
That's just some of my suggestions and such.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
2Edgy4um8
You're playing a girly human with pointy ears, don't kid yourself.

I like the idea and if you don't mind me just throwing in a few suggestions for the earthspawn : 1. A government/monarchy system that is very similar to that of tribals or the Indian system or rulership before colonisation.
2. A significant physical change e.g small/larger stature, a different skin colour, mental capacity and other variables.
3. A different culture system with things like religion or honor being a defining factor.
That's just some of my suggestions and such.
Already have stuff planned on that front.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
No, I seriously wasn't being sarcastic. I'm actually going to google it now, though.
She Who Is Beyond Names.

Yes dead but they either don't know or don't care, since she's the resident magic god and there's no replacement. Which leads into shamanistic rituals that are magical in nature but don't actually use magic or cause anything to happen besides everyone involved feeling better about whatever's happening.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Show me one elf who follows their racial lore. People largely play them to have special snowflake human characters, with a few exceptions.

well I mean, I'm playing a silver elf because that's what her mom was.
ahahaha, I actually have been keeping the lore in mind when playing her though. seeing as she's completely devoted to one of the goddesses who made elves, and has the silver elf perfectionism...

I'm doing better than most?

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Brainstorming names

Earfspawn: Tribe Urgok
Dorfs: Worldsmith Clan

Earthspawn will take cues from Indian & Mongolian cultures as well as hints of Scandinavian principles (Zuko-tier honor & shaman yurts) while Dwarfs will be heavily influenced by Scandinavian culture with lots of elements of the world being written into being (no it's not meta if I say it isn't).

Gaby

Lord of Altera
oh, Baron?

I made a sorrowlander earthspawn, but I remember being upset about there not being a /single/ earthspawn subculture.
if I feel it fits, could I retroactively make her part of Tribe Urgok?

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
oh, Baron?

I made a sorrowlander earthspawn, but I remember being upset about there not being a /single/ earthspawn subculture.
if I feel it fits, could I retroactively make her part of Tribe Urgok?
Yeh. You might not like it because muh violence. Mannerisms include snarling to indicate amusement and displays of strength or to establish pecking order. Earthspawn are not human and shouldn't act like it, which is why if they win out I'm making their culture fit their form.

Ex:
good: ruugr
bad: fegr
clever: snayhasz
stupid: zpitaugr
strong: zpsunr
weak: kaer