Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Important changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Everyone is aware of the events that have taken place recently and in light of those a few changes will be being made, these will be to help strengthen the community further and to also supply the admin team with some leadership to spearhead future projects to make your time on Hollowworld more enjoyable.

First of all, those who state they are leaving the server for other things will be removed from the whitelist. This may seem like a bad move, but at times like these we want to pull people closer together, and make people actually consider leaving the server. Those who wish to return can make another whitelist appeal and re-intergrate themselves back to the community.

Next up, Tywin_Lannister (hawtyoungstud) will be leading all projects regarding Server Development, assisted by Bodejodel and Shadowsmalls. We hope these changes will give some organisation to the exciting projects we have in the works so that we can deliver them to you in both a great fashion and as soon as possible.

It has come to our attention that everyone feels a bit insecure towards the subject of the future of this server. We are as tight and focused as a community as ever and these changes are to help improve the server to new levels. All we ask from the playerbase is for continued support, loyalty and trust, these changes are for you and they will benefit everyone in the long run.

Architect360

Loyal Servant of Altera
Does this mean that if you say you have to leave for school, you are removed from the whitelist?
Also, what are "projects regarding server development"?

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Does this mean that if you say you have to leave for school, you are removed from the whitelist?
No, those that plan on leaving and not returning. Those who leave for school plan to come back once it's calmed down a bit.

Also, what are "projects regarding server development"?
Roleplay events, rules, lore, resource worlds, anything like that.

We have seperate people such as Steel, Barry and Kruziik who are the more technical sided admins, who help with installing plugins, security both in and outside of the game, forum problems, things like that.

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
Speaking as a newcomer to the community who happened to arrive in the middle of all this disruption, it's good to see the admins pulling together and working to keep the server and the community strong. I don't know any of the details of the events apart from what has leaked over onto public threads but I can say that so far everyone I have met in Altera has been kind, generous and generally good people to know.

I can see how sad people are that their friends are leaving but this happens all the time in online communities. My only advice is: just because someone is leaving the server doesn't mean they are forever lost. I'm sure that real friendships made here will last for years to come whether or not they play the same game as you.

Now's the time for everyone to rally round the admins who all volunteer their time to make a great playing experience for everyone else. Having been an admin on other (much smaller) minecraft servers, I know what a thankless task this is and how hard it is to please everyone all the time. I can only imagine that the stress is a hundredfold for a server as busy as HW. Let's all take a few moments to say thanks to the admins and support them in the difficult changes they're making at the moment.

Thanks.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Speaking as a newcomer to the community who happened to arrive in the middle of all this disruption, it's good to see the admins pulling together and working to keep the server and the community strong. I don't know any of the details of the events apart from what has leaked over onto public threads but I can say that so far everyone I have met in Altera has been kind, generous and generally good people to know.

I can see how sad people are that their friends are leaving but this happens all the time in online communities. My only advice is: just because someone is leaving the server doesn't mean they are forever lost. I'm sure that real friendships made here will last for years to come whether or not they play the same game as you.

Now's the time for everyone to rally round the admins who all volunteer their time to make a great playing experience for everyone else. Having been an admin on other (much smaller) minecraft servers, I know what a thankless task this is and how hard it is to please everyone all the time. I can only imagine that the stress is a hundredfold for a server as busy as HW. Let's all take a few moments to say thanks to the admins and support them in the difficult changes they're making at the moment.

Thanks.
Thank you rauyran. Taking the time to post that means a lot.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
Thanks Rauyran!
Most players know this, but sometimes they forget! We are doing this for fun, both your fun and ours. It sometimes is a lot of work, and we can't "play" the game like we did when we were regular players as much as we like, but it is worth it!

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
Not yet, we have a lot of staff.
Look on the side of the forum main page and you can see how many of us are online at any given time.

Satouroes

Loyal Servant of Altera
Not yet, we have a lot of staff.
Look on the side of the forum main page and you can see how many of us are online at any given time.
Good, I love the job you guys do and I'd hate to see the server suffer due to a loss of staff.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
I still wonder why some people think they should leave a such formidable experience as Hollowword. So much changes lately, so much popular people deciding to quit. I am not an old member, but although a couple of difficulties i have encountered with some people, this as been a really nice gameplay experience to be with all of you guys, and I think the admin team are really getting themselves into this, as i have already been on a lot of big minecraft servers, and this is actually the first time i see a server that almost always have an admin connected to help the others, and I also LOVE the server's lore and RP (thanks to Fitz and all the other writers). I think myself lucky to be with you guys and sharing this minecraftian RP experience.

only 1 more thing to say: Moar RP events! I want moar of them!

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
To all the Staff of HW,

Hollowworld has been my home away from home, if that makes any sense to people. I have always appreciated the great effort all the staff have put into creating such an awesome world out of, lets be honest, a quite plain game. I've personally been having lots of laptop problems and the previous 10 months studying abroad with terrible to no internet connection. Now that I'm back home I can really appreciate everything that has been going on in the server for better or for worse.

Truly I think the server is constantly developing and I am looking forward to these changes and I am going to be cheering you guys/gals in the staff onwards and forward. I consider myself a bit of the veteran HW resident now, being here over 1 year now :p, and I have seen plenty of changes and HW always comes out shinning brightly.

Thank you Admins and Moderators, keep it up.

Sincerely,

Master Pheonix
(now that I look back at my post it really looks like an email :confused:)

edit: Also the new forums look totally epic, loving the design. Another great job

doodleuk

Loyal Servant of Altera
I have missed the past 2 weeks. So have no idea what this is all about. This was the first link I clicked on. Time to go and check every.single.post so I can work out what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.