Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Informal Guide to God Donations

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
There's no hard and fast rule for what each god likes, but they do have their spheres and things they like, so here's a list of what Baron thinks each god would like donated.

Visage

As Deity of Subterfuge, Disguise, Whispers, Schemes, Manipulation, Cats, Shadows, Deceit, Secrecy, Dragons, Thieves, Snakes and Mirrors, Visage would seem to enjoy tributes of stolen goods, disguises, fish, mirrors, and ender pearls (being from the realm of dragons).

Visage may also accept tribute in the form of secret acts done in his name.

The Grey Lady

The Grey Lady takes no tribute, she gets hers in the end.
Korog

Deity of Dwarves, Mountains, Hard Alchohol/Ale, Craftsmanship, Permanence, Solidity, Balance, Stone, Neutrality, Steel, and Labour.

Korog is primarily a dwarven god, but his sphere includes the craft of construction. His tributes are iron ingots, well-masoned stone (polished granite and andesite especially), exceptionally strong brews, and enduring monuments built in his name.
Theodra

Deity of Trapping, Hunting, Beasts, Forest Elves, Survival, and Wisdom, Theodra would seem to want acts over items. Dedicating a true and spirited hunt to her is the greatest tribute one can give to the goddess.
Vermella

Deity of Redstone, Blood, Life, Femininity, Guardians and Passion.

Gaby is the prime expert on Vermella, and her word tops anything I could say. Redstone, roses, and the color red.

For more, see here.

Crusade

Crusade is the deity of War, Conflict, Strength, Combat, Determination, Bloodshed, Honour, and Unending Endeavor. Martial skill and honourable combat mean more to him than any paltry material good. However, he may be one to appreciate the skulls of enemies.
Jax

Jax is the Deity of Fools, Merchants, Commerce/Shipping, Gambling, Chance, Travel/Trade, Mirth, Money, and Luck. You could tribute him with money, since Jax delights in the separation of fools from their money, but you could also just invest it wisely or engage in commerce. Jax enjoys games of fortune, dedicating your fortune to him pleases him greatly.
Skraag

Skraag is Deity of Undeath: Skeletons, Zombies, Necromancy, Fear, Unacceptance, and all things dealing with the Undead and Undeath. He is beyond mortal concerns, but is a respectful god, all in all. He turns the souls of the damned into his undead, and hastening the journey of a soul to him appears to be the only manifest way to give tribute. The legendary Dum'ni can explain the process in sharp detail.
Ignis Synnove

Ignis Synnove is the goddess of Nobility, Flame, Order, Truth, and Light. The most... traditional... of the gods, Ignis demands utter loyalty, prayer each sunrise, obedience to the status quo, and denial of other gods as false idols.

Ignis appreciates tribute in the form of a tithe to his Church, a prayer to his glory, and a good old fashioned Inquisition to torch heretics (i.e. everyone who doesn't worship Ignis).
Silas

Deity of Bookkeeping, History, Turnips, The Unexplainable, Records, Modesty, and Secrets, Silas is one of the youngest gods. According to his Doctrine, one must respect the worth of words, keep promises, and be truthful. One can give tribute to him in the form of writing new knowledge, by sharing existing knowledge, and by preserving what already exists.
Sallana

Deity of Family, Love, Cake, Motherhood, Lavishness, Wine, Music, The Bounty of Harvest, and Fertility. Sallana's prayers are preferably in the form of song, and love and celebration are her bread and butter. One can pay tribute to her by hosting splendid parties, and by giving to her the bounties of harvest. Cake, fruit, and wine, all good things.
Jishrim

Deity Chaos, Poverty, Insanity, Riots, Endermen, Plague, and Despair, and all around unpleasant. One can pay tribute to Jishrim by basically doing anything, so long as they do it for him. One might imagine he enjoys tribute in the form of ender pearls, spider webs, skulls, and poisoned food.
Shalherana

Goddess of Spring, Growth, Forests, Regrowth, Nature, and Life. Shalherana doesn't actually need tribute, since her sphere is so all-encompassing. One can tribute her by harming no living thing and encouraging wild growth wherever possible. Giving Shalherana plants is literally destroying some of her domain and presenting it as a good thing. Don't do that.
Rahas

Deity of Dedication, Courage, Honour, Equality, Defense of the Downtrodden, Community, Justice, and Loyalty, Rahas is the god of the people. He favours those who are charitable and in good health. One can give him tribute by resisting tyranny and by donating to charities in his name. One can imagine that the money going into his donation box will be redistributed to the poor.

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Gaby is the prime expert on Vermella, and her word tops anything I could say.
oddly enough, this is the first time a staff member has ever said that.
I'm honored.

to elaborate what Baron said:

All items of the color red are acceptable offerings to Vermella, but in offering this, it is important to note that the worth of the items is in their symbolic significance, as portions of your own devotion. it's not so much that the item itself is red, but that it signifies your own blood, your own life, in a weird really abstract way. just.... just roll with it.

the offering of roses, and specifically frost roses, are equally symbolic offerings. the frost rose is a plant sacred to Vermella (and may not actually be part of lore anymore. I might ask about that today...), specifically because its ability to thrive in the coldest of lands symbolizes the will to survive despite all odds. because the offering is symbolic, it doesn't have to be an /actual/ rose, and may instead be a representation of one.

The offering of redstone is not symbolic, and its significance to Vermella is very much literal. to put it simply, redstone is the blood of the land, and thus, mining redstone is the spilling of blood, a breach of the Law of Red. while the spilt blood of animals or plants cannot be unspilt, the spilling of redstone can at least be undone, by giving it in offering.

To offer up redstone to Vermella, either by incorporating decorative designs of redstone into the masonry of a House of Vermella, or by very literally throwing it into the offering chest, is to ask penance for another's sins, and to undo the damage done to the earth. pretty big deal.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
One thing on Ignis tho. I believe it is mentioned somewhere that all the gods of the Pantheon are to be recognized as gods? And to say one is not, would be heresy, which is to be persecuted by the church. I think it's more of just simply having Ignis as the only god they follow.

Altho I liked what you described better. And it's also the way Lavoyard does it.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I see Ignis as ye old Yahweh, the old school Old Testament version of an Abrahamic God.

"Do as I say. Pray to me and only me. Nonbelievers will be punished. I am the Light, the Hope, and the Salvation."

There's even a rebirth story in there.

Also, I don't think it's entirely coincidental that the things Lavoyard believed about Harateth and did in the name of Harateth manifested in the form of Ignis.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I see Ignis as ye old Yahweh, the old school Old Testament version of an Abrahamic God.

"Do as I say. Pray to me and only me. Nonbelievers will be punished. I am the Light, the Hope, and the Salvation."

Also, I don't think it's entirely coincidental that the things Lavoyard believed about Harateth and did in the name of Harateth manifested in the form of Ignis.
I remember that whole monotheistic kick with a bunch of giggling at Lavoyard's expense.

like, "ha ha! you think Harateth is the one true god and immortal? fool! your sun god's a girl now!"

but that was just me. :^P

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Ignis is a strong, independent deity who don't need no gender
Her followers used to worship a Goddess, the Lady of Light. I fought at first for ''Him'', but then, after being opposed for a while, I finally settled, made lore and roleplayed Ignis as a woman. There was legit god events, drawings and whatnot depicting HER as a radiant angel-like Goddess. Then, some decided Gods should be made boring and politically-correct, and so gender-neutral (might I again underline how boring a gender-neutral diety is?) . Part of why i'm not doing it anymore and mostly inactive after 3 years of roleplay is that I dislike my worship being changed and thrown around at the whims of some displeasing and arbitrary opinions/decisions.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Her followers used to worship a Goddess, the Lady of Light. I fought at first for ''Him'', but then, after being opposed for a while, I finally settled, made lore and roleplayed Ignis as a woman. There was legit god events, drawings and whatnot depicting HER as a radiant angel-like Goddess. Then, some decided Gods should be made boring and politically-correct, and so gender-neutral (might I again underline how boring a gender-neutral diety is?) . Part of why i'm not doing it anymore and mostly inactive after 3 years of roleplay is that I dislike my worship being changed and thrown around at the whims of some displeasing and arbitrary opinions/decisions.
Baron is a strong, independent person who don't need to make jokes, apparently.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Both of you happy now?

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
(Do use your own judgement folks - while I haven't looked through this and am sure it's quite accurate, I do also want to say that it's not an "Official Lore Release" myes)

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
(Do use your own judgement folks - while I haven't looked through this and am sure it's quite accurate, I do also want to say that it's not an "Official Lore Release" myes)
Hence the "Informal" and the disclaimer saying this is what I think, not what I know (which isn't much, this thread is guesswork).

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Hence the "Informal" and the disclaimer saying this is what I think, not what I know (which isn't much, this thread is guesswork).
I HAD TO CLARIFY EXPLICITLY, OKAY? It's coming from a staffy, after all~ :heart:

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
oddly enough, this is the first time a staff member has ever said that.
I'm honored.
I said that all the time, before you started being silly ...

Regardless! This is neat.

haha.. this is my cue to get off the forums. I'm going to start crying if I get into the whole "lost backmatter/foreshadowing/details" dealio ^^;