Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Inns of the North

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
I'm noticing on the map that the northern towns / cities have no Inns out in the wilderness like the southern cities do (e.g Confused Carper / Black Sun Inn etc). Placing one near ish to the Grove might be a good idea, what do you think?

I would gladly go and build a couple in the same style as the ones we have already if you consent to grant me the permission to do so.

-Dauntless

EDIT: also just noticed there is a template for these sorts of requests i'll update this when I finish work :p

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
What file type is that? never seen it before? also I had planned to put one along there, even smoothed an area out while making the road.

Other one over near Northwind I think, maybe more I shall see.

S

Stevey

There are a few inns that still need to be implemented, I have them in a save file. I didn't get to it yet, so I figured I would wait until the new map.

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
Ok Lars the first of the Inns is complete, located halfway along the Warstrom - Aspendale road, please let me know what you think of it at some point :) .

Also its still without a name at the moment though just seeing your profile there, 'The Raging Dutchman' might work :p

flaa

Villager
Perhaps we see more inns in the new map if someone has left drawings in their desk drawers.

Although, I would find it very interesting if in the wilderness we would find many different types of establishments - Not just Inns. Perhaps some other types of buildings could decorate the uninhabited areas. There could be huts, ruins grave sites, monuments or perhaps mod temples which were discussed in http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/mod-temples.4099/

S

Stevey

Geo is setting up an organisation when 1.0 comes out that will handle all manner of building in the wild. Roads and landmarks.

However I think over time the server will have more and more landmarks in the wild from certain events and old towns.

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
Geo is setting up an organisation when 1.0 comes out that will handle all manner of building in the wild. Roads and landmarks.

However I think over time the server will have more and more landmarks in the wild from certain events and old towns.
Sounds good, I hope i'm allowed to be involved, just say the word :) .