Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Interest Poll and Volunteer thread

What are your thoughts on the proposed idea?

• Please no.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other [Please add a comment explaining]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
So I like reading things, I like learning things, and I enjoy video games. So I have an idea I was thinking of getting a small group of people together to write reviews of older and/or lesser known video games. While you can likely find reviews of the games already by dozens of folks across the internet having someone you know who isn't paid for their opinion is a relief. I'm thinking I would work as a writer/ editor for the group and post a thread probably monthly maybe more often if we have prolific writers.

What we will do-
  • Each writer will take a game and write a review preferably 500-1000 word review.
  • The scoring system will be a 10.0 scale
  • The game will be scored based on separate categories: Such as Gameplay, Music, graphics etc. Each minor category will be ranked and then the game will be given an overall score.
What we will not do-
  • Review massive triple AAA titles such as Mass Effect, The Legend of Zelda, Halo, Battlefield etc. If its an extremely well known game with a massive series we will not touch it. We don't need to see that stuff folks already know if they like those games and they likely already have threads dedicated to them on the forum. Spinoffs of major series will be allowed if folks haven't touched them. If you can find Assassin's Creed: Teletubbies edition I wanna hear about it. They do however need to represent a massive shift in the series standard style. Editor's choice here however this is subject to change if folks wanna read about triple AAA titles for the thousandth time I'm more than willing to go into 30+ pages of why Skyward Sword is awesome, or why Battelfied 4 is far superior to Hardline.
Basically I want to know before I gather folks together if anyone would want to read this stuff. And two who would want to help me with it. An example of the kinds of series I would review personally would be like Alpha Protocol [Xbox 360], Singularity [Xbox 360], The Legend of Dragoon [PS One], Baten Kaitos Origins [Nintendo Gamecube], I saw her Standing There [Flash Game PC]. Preferably they would be good games that someone could find anywhere hopefully cheap and pick up an under appreciated gem.

Writers are free to make reviews however they like. Mine will be all writing with screenshots and pics however if you wanna take this chance to work on your video making skills feel free. :D I would just like to organize the thing into a small annual release for folks to read.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
I think its an awesome idea, and I would be interested in writing, however I don't play very diverse games, so most games I play would probably fall under your classification of massive and mainstream.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Off topic-
If you can find Assassin's Creed: Teletubbies edition I wanna hear about it.

I laughed for at least a few minutes at this out loud. xD

On topic-
I really like the idea. I am always looking for new games to play so this is right up my alley! :D

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
LEGEND OF DRAGOON IS ONE OF MY FAVE PS1 GAMES AAAAAAAAA

BATEN KAITOS IS MY FAVE GC GAME AAAAAAA

I still own original working copies of both :heart:

I dunno how good I'd be at writing reviews for games though, it's not something I've done before.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE! I actuallly played through all of alpha protocol and got the various perks and achievements, liked a lot of it, though maybe you should do a test application to see if people volunteering are up to snuff instead of giving reviews like:

Played Earth Defense Force 2025:
Rating:
2/10
Review: The gameplay, music, and effects were all great, but all i got to shoot was bugs? what the heck, would've given it a 5, but i couldn't (insert perverted action done in the game here) so the game suks.